• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any plans to fly within the next month?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness this is by no means any criticism on my part of Delta or the airlines whatsoever. This crisis has clearly decapitated all revenue for the airline industry.

Booked a flight from east to west on Delta, for business not pleasure a few weeks back. Since Delta is retiring their MD-88's, MD-90's, B777's I figure better check my itinerary. Sure enough due to the reshuffle of aircraft I was not going to make my connection in ATL. No email, text, phone call either. Just me doing my homework. No attempt on Delta's system to fix the broken connection. "Make changes to your itinerary online at no charge". Well that does not work as advertised either.

Had to call several times to get on the hold queue. Once on hold it was a 3 hour wait. Once I got thru to a human voice the agent was happy to accomodate my changes.

Moral of the story. If you are doing any air travel soon. Keep checking the status of your bookings. Be flexible and courteous when you speak to the customer service reps as well. My heart goes out to these folks working for the airlines. :clap::clap:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I’m flying inter-island as when the quarantine is lifted.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
None whatsoever this year. Perhaps not even next year as well.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I'm ready to book some flights for next January. We finally decided on a destination and have about ten people in our group. My wife and I might drive the 40 hour trip and make an additional two week trip out of the drive but I think we are leaning on flying.

Bill

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to book some flights for next January. We finally decided on a destination and have about ten people in our group. My wife and I might drive the 40 hour trip and make an additional two week trip out of the drive but I think we are leaning on flying.

Bill
40 hours is a lot of driving.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We're flying in December, from sunny Florida to cold+snowy Rockies.
... Yes, we have lost our marbles..

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness this is by no means any criticism on my part of Delta or the airlines whatsoever. This crisis has clearly decapitated all revenue for the airline industry.

Booked a flight from east to west on Delta, for business not pleasure a few weeks back. Since Delta is retiring their MD-88's, MD-90's, B777's I figure better check my itinerary. Sure enough due to the reshuffle of aircraft I was not going to make my connection in ATL. No email, text, phone call either. Just me doing my homework. No attempt on Delta's system to fix the broken connection. "Make changes to your itinerary online at no charge". Well that does not work as advertised either.

Had to call several times to get on the hold queue. Once on hold it was a 3 hour wait. Once I got thru to a human voice the agent was happy to accomodate my changes.

Moral of the story. If you are doing any air travel soon. Keep checking the status of your bookings. Be flexible and courteous when you speak to the customer service reps as well. My heart goes out to these folks working for the airlines. :clap::clap:
Absolutely !! I had rebooked a cancelled flight this week .All good until I noticed I didnt receive a confirmation. So I checked manage your trip and my rebooked flight had vanished. Checked online to make sure it was still a go, and back on the phone 3x ...disconnected after a long wait!! Finally, talked to an agent that straightened it out. Appears that there's confusion, this was TAP air. Usually you are rebooked onto the next available flight but in this case, no. All set now....

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely !! I had rebooked a cancelled flight this week .All good until I noticed I didnt receive a confirmation. So I checked manage your trip and my rebooked flight had vanished. Checked online to make sure it was still a go, and back on the phone 3x ...disconnected after a long wait!! Finally, talked to an agent that straightened it out. Appears that there's confusion, this was TAP air. Usually you are rebooked onto the next available flight but in this case, no. All set now....
This is in Europe for August.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Flying next week to Florida via Chicago on Southwest. My Masks are printed with Aeronautical Charts.

Three weeks later to San Antonio.

Cheers

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked three flights yesterday. I was amazed on how few flights are available. Only one direct flight a day from hub to major city on dates I needed. Huge change!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a round trip to Toronto scheduled for late July, return in August. I just checked and everything is pretty much the same, so I'll hold on to it for now. As it is, we have a big credit on United from canceled flights in April...who knows if we'll ever use that credit?

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
YES . . . Alaska via Delta in mid July!

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flying on Wednesday, American Airlines from BIS to DFW, DFW to SAN. Flights are 70% full if available seats is a reliable gauge. Seat chart shows middle seats available so they middle seats are not blocked out near as I can tell.

Flying the economy fare, normally can not pick seats, but a new option on the fare allows me to pay $5 to $10 to pick seat ahead of flight.

Just like with Vistana and Marriott, the latest information is not shown on the websites. Requires a time wasting call

New TSA guideline allows for up to 12oz of hand sanitizer to be carried onboard. Will have the biggest bottle I can find up to that limit as well as carry on wipes.

Masks are a must for me. Hope everyone else feels so inclined. The airlines are trying to get everyone to wear one, Have to have a mask on to get aboard, but once the cabin door is closed, people can not be forced to wear one. Flight attendants have discretion to reseat people to attempt to minimize any problems arising from people not choosing to wear a mask after cabin door is closed.

Neither flight is first flight of the day, so will be interested to see what protocol American uses to clean and sanitize plane between relatively quick turnarounds.

I need to make this flight for personal reasons. I do not believe I would fly for recreational travel at this time. Will post after the flight to share my experience.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
40 hours is a lot of driving.

It is if you did it without any stops. The farthest we have went without any stops was straight through from Phoenix to home. It was about 21 hours. Our last trips to the South West and Southern California were drive to. We drove to the half way point , about 11 hours, and spent the night. Coming home we stopped at many places using timeshares for a couple of nights here and there but once we hit the halfway point heading home we drive through.

The 40 hours is one way, lol. I think we would stop and enjoy many areas along the way. There would be no rush to get anywhere.

Bill

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning on flying in October for our annual trip to CT where DH's parents are. We can't go more than a year without seeing them plus they need some work done on one of their bathrooms. Other than that, no flying till next May when I hope to go to Hilton Head which I had to cancel this spring.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Even though we had cancelled our flights to Seattle for this month today I got a reminder from Microsoft about my flight (that would have been today). I also got an email from Alaska Airlines to check in for dd's flight. When I actually tried to check in, or even look up her flight I got the message that I would need to contact the airline or check in at the airport. We know that flight was cancelled, I got the miles back and she got credit for the upgraded seats.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Flying June 5, AA 1.5 hour flight. We could drive ,we did last year but 12 hours sitting leads to days of pain for me.
We will have masks, hope flight isn’t packed.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
No plans to fly in the next month. Our next trip to San Diego in August, then Hawaii in late September. I am actively monitor conditions in both locations.