• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any other owners being "forced" out of their resort right now?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
About 4 hours after checkout time, and we hadn't yet checked out because we were developing our plan and told that the GM was coming to our room to speak with us, the GM, Ryan Nobriga, called and told us they had figured out a way to use our Star Options to let us stay until Tuesday. I'm not sure if it was a game of chicken, or if somebody saw the light, or if they wanted to avoid pictures of the police removing me, pictures of us sleeping in a rental car, or me contacting the CEO of MVC, Vistana, the Governor and the mayor. But for now I can relax. We have functional room keys. Later I will post the paraphrased and condensed transcript of the 4 hours of phone calls for those who want to read the ridiculousness. Comical. A total clusterfork.

Of note, WKORV staff are wonderful. It's MVC and Vistana that have their heads on backwards and have been withholding information and authority from the WKORV team. Kudos to Ryan Nobriga, Steve Aheong, and Dylan Andrion for positively outstanding customer support and aloha. If you are bored, please call the WKORV feedback line to say "thanks to Ryan Nobriga, Steve Aheong, and Dylan Andrion for taking care of the Provost family and doing the right thing." The number is 808-667-3200 ext 3321. I will be doing this as well of course.

Or perhaps we should wait until we are at home next week to make sure they don't change their mind.
Yea! Happy for you.

Likely a greedy business decision to close for ts points booking and only accept $ bookings. Happens often so glad they have helped yu.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Cindy, so sorry for your situation (are you still on the same trip from mid-February when I met you there? You know how to vacation! :) Terrible that they are telling you that you can stay IF you fork out cash to them as a new ressie (which is contrary to the written communication they issued), but they won't let you extend with points as an existing guest already there. Best wishes--sincerely hoping something works out for you!
Yes, we are still here. Thanks for your leftovers - they were excellent! Thankfully, we are all set now.

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
Got a text this afternoon that our (new) direct flight on United OGG>DEN had been cancelled and rebooked us on a OGG>SFO>DEN flight. Called United and moved us back to our original departure date of Mar. 31st. And advised the front desk, car rental, etc. that we were back to the original reservation.

I expect that the airline will pull the same stunt and rebook us again with multiple stops in order to consolidate partially full airplanes to make a full airplane.

It was surreal to look east down the beach as far as you can see from the KORV (south) dune after lunch today and see not a soul. Four adults were approaching from the west.
Sorry about your flight cancellation. Looks like we might see you on Tuesday March 31 on that nonstop redeye flight to DEN. Hoping they don't change it but even if they do, we will of course go home however they get us there.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I will make sure to call - 800 667 3200 ext 3321
and give feedback as a TUG member.

Bump - call and give your support
mention you saw this on TUG

800 667 3200 ext 3321

Provost Family / CindyLou -
HELPED BY
(KORV resort GM & staff )- Ryan Nobriga - Steve Aheong -Dylan Andrion

IMO also : mention that corporations that bully & threaten to call police / end up being shamed on social media
and TV - and lose business .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Bump / for the west coast - 9 am - read & call .
(up to 2 K views )

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I know there are risks trying to fly back home and do feel sorry for those stuck abroad, but see this as there there is nothing better than home sweet home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Yea! Happy for you.

Likely a greedy business decision to close for ts points booking and only accept $ bookings. Happens often so glad they have helped yu.

I’m thinking the same way. How greedy. Personally, how uncompassionate.

It would make me think that I no longer want to own with that resort system. Obviously, the concept of owner doesn’t matter.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@cindylou Glad this worked out for you. Not much of a vacation though. If they had told you to get out because of government compliance, I get that. But the fact they wanted $2100 to stay revealed a price gouging rat to me. It could have been their systems were shut down but I would argue that taking care of their guests is priority #1 and they would have figured it out later. As an owner at WKORVN I am disappointed that you were treated this poorly and it took the GM stepping in after hours of phone calls and run around to fix it.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I’m thinking the same way. How greedy. Personally, how uncompassionate.

It would make me think that I no longer want to own with that resort system. Obviously, the concept of owner doesn’t matter.

Agree! In normal situation of course there are a certain # of rooms available for rent including presold to hotel discounters, so it is normal for there to be availability for rent and not points. But here clearly lots of availability!

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Agree! In normal situation of course there are a certain # of rooms available for rent including presold to hotel discounters, so it is normal for there to be availability for rent and not points. But here clearly lots of availability!

Precisely,

They CAN do the right thing here. If they did, this conversation would be entirely different. As a matter of fact, many folks would be proud to be called owner. Right now, all owners see is a money grab at a time when folks are very vulnerable. It’s actually disgusting.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are at SDO . have been since mid january. we aren't going back to washington until it is safe. they are very helpful here. about 10% occupancy. pool is open and very few people there. they moved loungers out so they are in groups of two with lots of room between them. all activities stopped. the trails are still open and we get out almost every day to ride and rarely see anyone. i heard trailheads down south are much busier and they may close trails. we would then be very unhappy with nowhere to ride. i can't walk but i can ride. it's nice to be in warm weather and i feel safe here. not sure how long we'll stay but i can't imagine they would force us out. golf courses are still open but no sharing of golf carts

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Precisely,

They CAN do the right thing here. If they did, this conversation would be entirely different. As a matter of fact, many folks would be proud to be called owner. Right now, all owners see is a money grab at a time when folks are very vulnerable. It’s actually disgusting.

Agree. Diamond owns Embarc, and while Embarc owners can book Diamond, Diamond owners can't directly book Embarc. (Only available through Interval) Yesterday i walked into an Embarc resort offering to stay on Diamond points to help them out, and they said no, same policy in effect. Ok, i'll book elsewhere.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Agree. Diamond owns Embarc, and while Embarc owners can book Diamond, Diamond owners can't directly book Embarc. (Only available through Interval) Yesterday i walked into an Embarc resort offering to stay on Diamond points to help them out, and they said no, same policy in effect. Ok, i'll book elsewhere.

I’m sure you won’t easily forget how they treated you in an emergency/time of need situation. You know now they don’t give two hoots about you unless (of course) you are late on your MF. You are simply a dollar bill. Actions do speak louder than words.

What you need to decide is whether you want to continue to own in a place that’s so cold and truly unfeeling in a global emergency situation.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m sure you won’t easily forget how they treated you in an emergency/time of need situation. You know now they don’t give two hoots about you unless (of course) you are late on your MF. You are simply a dollar bill. Actions do speak louder than words.

What you need to decide is whether you want to continue to own in a place that’s so cold and truly unfeeling in a global emergency situation.

Won't be buying more points, that's for sure!

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
we are at SDO . have been since mid january. we aren't going back to washington until it is safe. they are very helpful here. about 10% occupancy. pool is open and very few people there. they moved loungers out so they are in groups of two with lots of room between them. all activities stopped. the trails are still open and we get out almost every day to ride and rarely see anyone. i heard trailheads down south are much busier and they may close trails. we would then be very unhappy with nowhere to ride. i can't walk but i can ride. it's nice to be in warm weather and i feel safe here. not sure how long we'll stay but i can't imagine they would force us out. golf courses are still open but no sharing of golf carts
That is really surprising. I was distinctly getting the impression that Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club were the heavy hand in all this and would think similar pressure would have been exerted on you at SDO. It's entirely plausible that the pressure here was agreed to privately by Maui government and Vistana corporate.

Here the pool is closed and lounge chairs are still out, but not dispersed at 6 foot intervals. There are also signs on all the thatch umbrella posts "this amenity is being closed to promote social distancing" or something like that. I'm not sure if that means you aren't supposed to use the lounge chair near it or the umbrella. Initially I thought it was a precursor to them removing all the pool deck lounge chairs, but those are still out. All rooms that are unoccupied have been visited by maintenance to turn off all electricity at the circuit breaker. Glad you are safe and comfortable and not being hounded to leave at SDO.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
That is really surprising. I was distinctly getting the impression that Vistana and Marriott Vacation Club were the heavy hand in all this and would think similar pressure would have been exerted on you at SDO. It's entirely plausible that the pressure here was agreed to privately by Maui government and Vistana corporate.

Here the pool is closed and lounge chairs are still out, but not dispersed at 6 foot intervals. There are also signs on all the thatch umbrella posts "this amenity is being closed to promote social distancing" or something like that. I'm not sure if that means you aren't supposed to use the lounge chair near it or the umbrella. Initially I thought it was a precursor to them removing all the pool deck lounge chairs, but those are still out. All rooms that are unoccupied have been visited by maintenance to turn off all electricity at the circuit breaker. Glad you are safe and comfortable and not being hounded to leave at SDO.

Hopefully those unoccupied rooms still have air conditioning. Otherwise there could be a huge mold problem when those rooms have electricity turned back on.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Hopefully those unoccupied rooms still have air conditioning. Otherwise there could be a huge mold problem when those rooms have electricity turned back on.
Who cares? The owners will pay! (Just like in St. John)

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
So happy something worked out for you, Cindy, and that you can at least relax knowing you have a roof over your head. Are you still in that oceanfront corner unit? Sigh...can't believe just 6 weeks ago we were in paradise and the biggest stress was whether we'd see a whale breach or not. Lots has changed in the world since then! Stay healthy, and have a safe trip home!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated. I called today police, social services, local government ... no answers. No govt closures mandated yet, but as the only occupant of my resort it could happen any day. Workers and tourists are leaving daily so it'll be a long 7 more nights. I have strong faith and have been in many worse situations so just enjoying every day.

If you have a washer/dryer in unit, laundry soap, etc.. everything you need without housekeeping service, which give you the option to do all your own cleaning of sheets, towels, and whatever you manage to get extremely dirty during your short stay left.

They are breaking the shelter in place mandate in my opinion and should not be able to kick you out if you don’t need any services from the resort, except incoming water & electricity, which I doubt they would shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the Vistana Hawaii properties now have the following notice:

View attachment 18239

Looking at the reservation system it appears the "Open only for Owner and Interval International arrivals" truly means arrivals thus reservations that are already in place and does not allow extensions to owners currently at the property. Not sure why they're offering @cindylou to stay if she pays cash.

Those arrivals will be in for a shock if they aren’t aware of the mandatory 2 week quarantine of arrivals, and it may not be at the location of their choice/booking!

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
After 2.5 hours on the phone with Florida and local management our options are:
a) leave
b) get charged $2100 for 7 more nights here
c) they will call the police and have us removed

I am incensed, developing an ulcer, and unable to comprehend this despicable behavior by MVC.

Sounds like price gouging to me!

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
So happy something worked out for you, Cindy, and that you can at least relax knowing you have a roof over your head. Are you still in that oceanfront corner unit? Sigh...can't believe just 6 weeks ago we were in paradise and the biggest stress was whether we'd see a whale breach or not. Lots has changed in the world since then! Stay healthy, and have a safe trip home!
No, we were "only" in that nice 5th floor oceanfront corner unit for 2 weeks. Based on difficulties last year making consecutive reservations for the 2 different room types we own, a leap year calculation mistake I made, a Chase Travel reservation at Kapalua Bay Villas and an II trade, we are now in our 8th room since Jan 25. We are getting really good at packing up, and the bellman moving our stuff make great tips from us.

I wholeheartedly acknowledge these, and most of what I've posted in this thread (other than a big corporation taking advantage of a terrible situation), are first world problems.

But I'm happy to report that yesterday WKORV management put us in a remodeled oceanfront 6th floor WKORVN 1BR for our final 5 nights. I'm not sure if any of you calling in to the WKORV feedback line helped the situation (thanks!) or if Dylan made his usual magic.

Thanks to the 2000+ of you that have read this thread, provided advice, encouragement, and an outlet to express my frustration. This forum is a godsend.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a washer/dryer in unit, laundry soap, etc.. everything you need without housekeeping service, which give you the option to do all your own cleaning of sheets, towels, and whatever you manage to get extremely dirty during your short stay left.

They are breaking the shelter in place mandate in my opinion and should not be able to kick you out if you don’t need any services from the resort, except incoming water & electricity, which I doubt they would shutdown.

Thx. This area has no SIP unfortunately. I am loving it here, better than if this tourist town is full. Laundry, lots of supplies, stores here all have tp, water, everything but i get them free as you know. Afternoons hiking in the mountains almost alone - today i saw less than 10 people in 3 hours. Issue is my reservation ends day 12 of isolation and they won't extend my stay 2 days. Intercity shuttle ends tomorrow so I can't leave this tourist village.

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its in beautiful mountains, i walk amazing trails all day, fully stocked grocery stores (even tp and water) good restaurants open, and no crowds! I feel like i own a private island
dcc947e7d6c534846dbafd2a83084ce2.jpg

I agree.

I may have seen no more than 10 different people at the resort where I am staying. It's actually my version of social distancing. I have access to all that I need ( grocery stores etc.) & scenic places to enjoy without large groups of people. :thumbup:

It's peaceful, comfortable & I kinda feel like I own the ENTIRE resort with all the amenities. :cool:

My only concern is, I do my version of the people confined to their homes in Italy applauding first responders & essential persons each evening, but I'm the only one here to do it. :shrug:

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree.

I may have seen no more than 10 different people at the resort where I am staying. It's actually my version of social distancing. I have access to all that I need ( grocery stores etc.) & scenic places to enjoy without large groups of people.

It's peaceful, comfortable & I kinda feel like I own the ENTIRE resort with all the amenities. :cool:

My only concern is, I do my version of the people confined to their homes in Italy applauding first responders & essential persons each evening, but I'm the only one here to do it. :shrug:
Awesome!