• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any insight to Grand Beach Phase 1?

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone either stay or own at Grand Beach Phase 1 that can give any insight or update on the resort?

We stayed there at least 10 years ago and liked it except it felt isolated and the location of the further development of Phase II was just a flat wasteland construction site.

The resort just jumped up on a search and when I researched it, it looks like they gave up on further development area and made it a second pool and minigolf... much nicer, but the reviews hint at the place needing updating... nothing outright but hinting at worn rugs, worn furniture, and outdated style.

Before making a move on it, I just wanted to see if anyone had any updated info or upcoming plans for the resort. I even noticed a $16.95 activity fee per night... strange since they seem to have limited activities...

I understand it doesn't have the perks of a DVC or Bonnet Creek with lazy rivers and such but hoping it is still a good quality choice over the basic resorts....
Like does it stand up to the Marriotts, Hiltons, etc...

Thanks for any info...

PeterS

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We've stayed at Grand Beach a couple of times in the last five or six years. We like the 3-bedroom units with two masters, and the location is convenient to both WDW and Universal. The units are spacious and comfortable, and I don't remember anything seeming very outdated or worn. Our biggest gripe was the parking situation - sometimes the space under the building is full and you have to park down the driveway and walk in the dark to your building. We didn't swim or use any of the facilities.

We stayed at the Marriott Royal Palms last fall and found the furnishings there about the same, I guess, although I'll admit we're not fussy and might not notice things others do. I don't think we'd have a problem staying at the Grand Beach again if we needed three bedrooms (or if my sister, a smoker, is coming, because Grand Beach allows smoking on the balcony).

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...

The layout and size of the unit seems great and I don't care about fancy as long if the units are kept up the and maintained properly.
If it is kept up to the level of MVC Royal Palms, that is a big plus.

Now that you mention it, I remember the parking for most buildings is inside on the first floor. While sometimes we got pushed into the overflow, there was still plenty of parking just some a bit more of a walk. but the size of the resort isn't that large so nothing is too far from each other... but still mildly annoying at the end of long day at the parks.... but not a deal breaker....

Anyone else have any insights, tips, opinions or reviews?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Back in our timeshare heyday (2009 or so), we snagged back-to-back 3BR Orlando units via what RCI at the time called Instant Exchange -- basically, the points version of Last Call. Each of the week-long reservations was 7,500 points + exchange fee. The earlier of those 2 weeks was at Grand Beach -- not sure which phase. (Far as I can tell, they're both pretty much the same.)

Our 3BR Grand Beach unit was not lock-off, just a very nice & very spacious condo unit with 3 bedrooms & 3 full bathrooms, plus large living room & dining room.

It was winter, so we did not use the pool.

The only glitch was a non-working heater. After we called, the front desk sent a repair guy who got it going before long, & after a while we were all toasty.

That was our 1 & only Grand Beach experience.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's it... we were last there about 2009 so that is why I was looking for an update.

The first 7 buildings are Phase 1 and are all 3br and not lockouts. Phase 2 is 1br/2br lockouts for 3 br. They only built one of them then stopped.
The area as you came in was cleared and prepped for more Phase 2 buildings but from pictures, it seems they gave up on this and turned it into a minigolf course and a second pool which makes the approach much nicer.

In 2009 it felt a little like a construction site but seems more finished now.

Curious if any owners know what is happening there or more recent guests....

Thanks

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have recent info on this resort?

Any room locations to request that are best? I have heard vague things like to ask for lake views but not specific buildings or rooms...

Any other opinions, reviews, insights, suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, have you research Tripadvisor or Redweek.com for current reviews ?.
Good Luck.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, have you research Tripadvisor or Redweek.com for current reviews ?.
Good Luck.

Yes, but they are mainly not very insightful views.
What I mean is they seem to be people that are amazed at the size of a 3 br unit, or they have negative views because of the high pressure sales...

TUG members look beyond the obvious and have detail such as which building is better, or if the even number rooms or the odd number rooms face the parking lot, etc.... I trust the reviews here the most but there are none recently.

I know we are all guilty of not posting reviews as often as we should, so I was hoping to just get some real insight of the most recent state of the resort.

I appreciate your post and will continue to review all the travel sites including Tripadvisor or Redweek but was hoping for info from a timeshare savvy person.

Thanks