• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any good "finance" forums out there?

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to find a friendly forum out there that would be okay for a beginner dealing with investing and personal finance.

Any suggestions?

I'd like it to be user friendly and active like TUG!

Thanks,
Janna

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a forum, but I really enjoy all the Dave Ramsey stuff, he has a website...daveramsey.com and his teachings apply to all levels of knowledge.

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Second for Dave Ramsey

I think he should be required reading for every
young person or others in over their head. Also,
this is not investing info but take a look at Susie Ormond's
waterproof organizer.

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will check out the above mentioned site, but I really would also like to find a friendly finance forum. Maybe someone knows of one!

Thanks,
Janna

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
www.morningstar.com has several forums. There is much good information there and one of the forums is titled "investment basics".

As far as personal finance, I like Dave Ramsey. Larry Burkett (who passed away a few years ago) taught finance on the radio since the 70's and it included much of what Ramsey teaches. There are some free calculators and finance tools on the website that Burkett and his partner developed. www.crown.org/Tools/

Suze is okay. I like her estate planning information. You might want to check out several books from your local library. Also, see if they have an audio copy of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. There are a few things that Kiyosaki says in his materials that are fundamental to finance & asset (or rather debt) accumulation.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to sign up for www.marketwatch forums from the WSJ online.
Almost any daily news article will provide you with an opportunity to read poster comments, however, I think it may not be a great personal finance forum, just interesting to see comments from all levels of investors--some can be pretty sarcastic, not that that should be a surprise nowadays.

Have you tried Kiplinger's online?

TerriJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since a book was mentioned, I would also add the Millionaire Next Door, one of my favorites and good reading for any young adult.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Motley Fool (www.fool.com) website has forums, but I haven't tried them out. I'd expect them to be friendly, but at least some of the forums won't be geared towards beginners. (I can't understand a bunch of the things The Motley Fool discusses.)

Jimbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
fat wallet

I have been on the fatwallet.com site a little. It might be good to view and when you understand the process, ask away...

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since a book was mentioned, I would also add the Millionaire Next Door, one of my favorites and good reading for any young adult.

I couldn't agree more. I think everyone in America should read this book. I wish I would have read it years ago when it first came out. We would not be in some of the mess we are in now if we had read it and abided by it! We live in such a hyper-consuming, debt driven society..... personal finance responsibility really needs to be taught in school and at home.

I also really like crown.org. They have some great stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Janna

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone signed up for the Mint Personal Finanace software on the Motley Fool website? It looks like a great way to track all your accounts in one spot, but I would like some input from someone else who has used it.