• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any good experiences with HICV and RCI

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
they do not have internal exchange. Only points owners can go where they want
HICV has 29 locations in the US. You can use those using points plus a reservation fee, I think its $69 per stay. You do get a free RCI account that you can use for weeks or points the fee is prorated based on the extent of the stay. Seven nights is $239, two to six nights is less based on the length of the stay.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
they do not have internal exchange. Only points owners can go where they want
Wow!! No internal exchanges? Well it does make sense, since that is what exchange companies are for. I wonder if it will become a common practice among many timeshare companies down the line.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wow!! No internal exchanges? Well it does make sense, since that is what exchange companies are for. I wonder if it will become a common practice among many timeshare companies down the line.
No internal exchanges for most resale owners. They do have 3 resorts out of their 29 that points and enrollment into their system does transfer. You specifically mentioned Williamsburg which even if enrolled in their internal system would not transfer as points and would become a deeded week. HICV is no longer selling deeds in general, they are selling trust points. These remain as points but the offering statement details restrictions upon resale for those points.

Weeks can be re-enrolled into HICV but currently that requires an additional purchase in the $15000ish range.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
No internal exchanges for most resale owners. They do have 3 resorts out of their 29 that points and enrollment into their system does transfer. You specifically mentioned Williamsburg which even if enrolled in their internal system would not transfer as points and would become a deeded week. HICV is no longer selling deeds in general, they are selling trust points. These remain as points but the offering statement details restrictions upon resale for those points.

Weeks can be re-enrolled into HICV but currently that requires an additional purchase in the $15000ish range.
good way of putting it! HICV internal exchange program is their point system.

Julie Siefers

Reaction score
With the inability to transfer my HICV points to IHG, I've been doing a lot of looking at RCI. The selections seem very slim. Does anyone one if HICV access to RCI resorts is more limited than standard RCI accounts? Anyone have a good experience?
I’m sorry... I'm new to HICV and was told was can transfer points to IGH. Why are you not able too?

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I’m sorry... I'm new to HICV and was told was can transfer points to IGH. Why are you not able too?
Did you buy resale or directly from HICV? That may be the difference. But I am watching and following the responses. I considered buying HICV on resale market in the past, but the restrictions on internal exchanges made me look in another direction. Also I don't believe they transfer a points contract if the original owner had weeks. The contract reverts back to weeks and I would have to pay HICV to upgrade it back to points. It's not worth it for the price they charge when one can easily buy into a resale points contract elsewhere. But I could be wrong so I am following along....

Carriemike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Mt. Ascutney, VT
You also have to check for units that opened up using points for as many days that you want. Those will not show up on the search, only weeks show up.
I just made reservations for 11 nights in Maui and 9 nights in Honolulu end of may to the beginning of June.
I just checked in nightly.
Dave
Just found this forum.. AMAZING!! Have been owners at HICV since 2017 and have not figured it out yet.. trying to book trip to Hawaii... never been before do not sure where to stay .. when I look on RCI some of the places only give you one night .. how do I book a trip for 7 nights? Any help/tips/tricks would be much appreciated

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Well you can put in a ongoing search for the timeframe you want to go. You will be charged for the search but when stuff comes in you should be notified
Searches are filled before you will see it on RCI. They tell you so and so is available and you have 24 hours to except or decline. If you decline your search continues. Some resorts are better than others. but I actually only seen mine when I checked in. Only weeks show up this way not points.
points opened up about 10 months out where you can make up to a 13 night stay with one reservation fee.
check in daily and see what opens up.

Looks like I might need to find a friend and family to use my reservation I made as the bride does not want to have to go around with a mask.
Will be a epic trip for someone.
Dave

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
It was just C19 issues for that year 2020 we can put points in this year.
HICV gave us 6 month extension in our points, but I’m sure it was a strategic move with problems of using the points in the future.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
They gave us 50,000 points last year because of Covid, those are the points you can’t put in IHG. This year’s points can be put in IHG.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Well you can put in a ongoing search for the timeframe you want to go. You will be charged for the search but when stuff comes in you should be notified
Searches are filled before you will see it on RCI. They tell you so and so is available and you have 24 hours to except or decline. If you decline your search continues. Some resorts are better than others. but I actually only seen mine when I checked in. Only weeks show up this way not points.
points opened up about 10 months out where you can make up to a 13 night stay with one reservation fee.
check in daily and see what opens up.

Looks like I might need to find a friend and family to use my reservation I made as the bride does not want to have to go around with a mask.
Will be a epic trip for someone.
Dave
What is this epic trip?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
Just found this forum.. AMAZING!! Have been owners at HICV since 2017 and have not figured it out yet.. trying to book trip to Hawaii... never been before do not sure where to stay .. when I look on RCI some of the places only give you one night .. how do I book a trip for 7 nights? Any help/tips/tricks would be much appreciated

I think the one day booking you are seeing are just that. Single days and that scenario changes by the minute

As mentioned. Get a search going and wait for the resort you want to pop up