• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any golfers going to be at Massanutten Sept 5-12?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are headed to Casa de Campo at Massaunutten next Friday.

We'll probably play golf 5 or 6 days while there (so the Activity Card will be worth it for us).

Any other golfers going to be around?

Anything other last minute things I should know about Massanutten, etc.? (ex: we hope to go the Farmer's market Saturday in Harrisonburg)

Pat

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
They aerified the greens at Mountain Greens today.
(they did the same to my Maine course last week----I
was hoping to get away from the 'plinko'-type putting
surfaces).

I guess they won't do the Woodstone course for a few weeks.

Pat

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is the cart fee?

Hello,

My husband and I are golfers (well, to be honest, I'm just a beginner) and so when I read about the Activity Card at Massanutten I went to the website and read all about it. It sure seems like a great deal. Can you tell me if you have to pay the cart fee? (I'm assuming you do.) If so, how much is it?

Have you found the Activity Card to be well worth it? Have you enjoyed the courses? We've never been to Massanutten before. I did see on the website that there were many timeshares listed. Are you able to purchase the Activity Cards at any of the Massanutten timeshares?

Thanks and hope you're having a great time,
Diane in MI

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually golf 4-5 times while on a 7-day vacation---we will golf 6 times on this stay.

As a result, the Activity Card will save BOTH of us over $100 on just golf.

We like to walk golf courses; they allow you to walk both courses if you wish.
We made a mistake and tried to walk the Mountain Greens course Friday---on a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it an 8 on toughness to walk. (especially the front nine.)

We walked Woodstone today----on that scale it's about a 4 to walk.

I'm pretty sure carts are $18/person----if we play Mountain Greens again, we'll be riding!
We enjoyed Woodstone more---though half (9 of 18) of the holes are par threes. That's not usually my preference---but the Mountain Course is tough---and has aerified/sanded their greens this week.

If any questions, I'll respond when I am online in the future.

Internet is $10/day, DW 'splurged' today---I've seen some mention of Harrisonburg coffee shops where I may check e-mail later---AND OF SOURSE TUG!!!

Pat

Last edited:

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info, thanks so much

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for all of the great info you gave me. It is always great to get first-hand information like this.

Sounds like you are both having a great time. Looking at my post now, I feel bad for asking you so many questions, and while you were on vacation, no less. What was I thinking? :doh:

I do really appreciate your answers though and hope the rest of your vacation is great. One more question. Do they sell the Activity Cards at any of the resorts in Massanutten?

Thanks again,
Diane

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can answer that one - ALL Massanutten resorts use the same check in building, with the exception of Mountainside Villas, so all the activity cards are purchased in the same place - not at the separate "resorts". The separate resorts really only refer to the section of Massanutten where you will be staying, they are not really separate resorts -they share all amenities - restaurants/general store/the rec centers/waterpark/ski lodge/conference center/golf/minigolf/gocarts....

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Just the information I needed. Thanks! Now, just how do you pronounce the last half of the name Massanutten? Is it an 'oo' sound in the middle like in 'moon' or is it supposed to sound like the word 'nut'? :confused:

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always heard (and said) Massa -"nut" -ten.

The activity card has almost always been worth it to us, especially my husband since he does golf fairly often while there.

flowergurl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks Laura. You have helped demystify Massanutten and the activity cards for me. Sounds like I have a new area to search for my hubby and I to plan a golf vacation for. ;)

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can answer questions about the golf----if you have them.

Post them, and I will try to reply in a couple of days.

(just arriving home).

Pat

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten golf

Great, thanks Laura. You have helped demystify Massanutten and the activity cards for me. Sounds like I have a new area to search for my hubby and I to plan a golf vacation for. ;)

Golf is a major activity for both of us when we vacation. Having the Activity Card, we only had to pay $5 for 18 holes (plus $18 cart), or $2.50 for 9 holes (plus $10 cart). There are two courses at Massanutten-----Mountain Greens and Woodstone Meadows. We only played the mountain course once, partly because they had aerated the greens three days earlier----perhaps they always aerate the day after Labor Day. While both courses at Massanutten allow walkers, we made a mistake trying to walk the mountain course; the back nine is tough to walk, and the front nine is VERY difficult to walk. And, it also a difficult course to navigate a push/pull cart through, with alot of sidehills. This course is a difficult Par 72, with some narrow tee fairways. If you do not hit the ball fairly straight, you will spend some time in the woods; particularly on the front side. There is wildlife to be seen at the course; we saw numerous groundhogs, and quite a few tame deer. After golf we dined at Fareways Restaurant, which is in the Clubhouse building. The food was good, and is decorated quite ‘pretty’.
We played golf at Woodstone Meadows on five different days. This course is less difficult, more open, and since half of the holes are par threes, and only two par fives, it is a Par 65. Since these greens were not yet aerated, they were in good shape; and the fairways were also more well-conditioned. This course seemed to attract many beginning golfers; I suppose anyone who purchased an Activity Card would ‘experiment’ with golf, given the minimal $5 charge. We walked this course four of the six times (back spasms), I would rate the ‘walkability’ as average. The front nine was easier to walk, but keep in mind that if you walk 9 holes, the ninth green is a long walk back to the clubhouse. If you continue on to the back nine, say “Hi” if you see the
6-foot long black snake that we saw on the 13th green!!! We decided not to putt out, given the fact that he was several minutes hovering around the hole and rest of the putting surface.

Pat