• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any folks having problems with weight gain?

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had problems in the past with my weight. This morning I weighed less than what I weighed on 3/9/2020. Surprised cuz have been in house the entire time

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I have not checked but I can tell you our dining schedule is screwed up big time...That probably is not a positive development...

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We came home with boxes of chocolate covered mac nuts and Honolulu Cookie Company cookies. Most of these were to be given away, but since we haven't been out we've been eating them. I also went on a baking binge and we have dozens of cookies. So yes, I've gained some weight. I am trying to lay off the sweets and drop those pounds. It doesn't help that I can't get to the gym. I've been doing some stretching exercises at home, but it's not doing the whole job.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I am surprised is because I insisted on ordering Orvil R... popcorn & large chocolate bars as necessities. Prime delivered

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I've lost a bit of weight in the 3.5 weeks we have been working from home. I attribute it to taking many more walks. At first, it was really helping me w/ my mental well being as I wasn't sleeping well, and the long walks helped out. Now it is more just to take nice breaks in the day, and the side effect is a little weight loss. Win, win!

Kurt

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have been working hard not to gain. Even though I am moving, now it has to be planned, where before I was always moving about doing lots of different things. Where I would like to loss weight, I am realistic that during this stressful, limited mobility time, just not gaining weight would be an achievement.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I haven't gained but have not lost much over the last few weeks. The stress level is way up. Vacations cancelled, many telephone calls to cancel trips and fighting with airlines and cruise lines. It's been awful.

So today I am cleaning our daughter's old bedroom, which is the bedroom our granddaughters sleep in when they visit. I am going through old toys and sorting through different Fisher Price Play Family sets (farm, house, jetport, firehouse, barn, western town) and I am going to see what pieces we are missing. These are 40-year-old toys, but our grandkids love these sets. Anyway. I am going to buy whatever is missing of the little people and the animals and furniture.

It's kind of fun, but my feet hurt from standing on that hard wood floor upstairs. I had to come down for a rest.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gained a couple of pounds simply because I am snacking on chocolates, cheetos and nuts all day. We are also eating very well, as per too much, as I have put in lots of effort into meal planning and preparation. I am getting about the same of physical activity as before, golfing a ton, but eating more than what I am expensing.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve been snacking a lot but also keeping up with the walking, when it’s not raining, and doing some online kickboxing classes.

geekette

Reaction score
I have probably gained weight but I wouldn't say I'm having a problem with it. All my layabout clothes still fit ; ) Eventually it will be warm outside, so the shed will occur and I'll be buff just in time for indoor fat butt season again...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm sure I've gained weight :mad:
I can't exercise like I usually do, going to swim in the pool.
And walking less cause I'm working longer hours from home :unsure:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I am up 5 pounds. Not good. It's the snacks and tv doing me heavy. Tomorrow I will start Good Friday Fasting so maybe by Easter I will be back to normal. Then, maybe I will have that ham sandwich.

Bill

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
5 pounds since shelter in place. It just shows how much less active I am working from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gained a couple pounds and that's since I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds. I'm exercising, but eating a lot more calories than normal. Ever since shelter in place started, it's been raining in southern California. That's a bit of an exaggeration. We had some no rain days last week. We're having a winter storm right now. Snow expected in local mountains. It's pretty unbelievable.

Anyway, I have all this time to use my pool, but can't use it when it's raining. :poop:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have gained a couple pounds and that's since I've been wanting to lose 10 pounds. I'm exercising, but eating a lot more calories than normal. Ever since shelter in place started, it's been raining in southern California. That's a bit of an exaggeration. We had some no rain days last week. We're having a winter storm right now. Snow expected in local mountains. It's pretty unbelievable.

Anyway, I have all this time to use my pool, but can't use it when it's raining. :poop:
But it never rains in California? :D

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem gaining weight here. It's as natural as rolling off a log. I started at about 7 1/2 lbs and it's been uphill ever since.

Jim

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't weigh myself but my clothes still fit the same. I went on the low carb/intermittent fasting lifestyle about a year ago and one benefit is learning how to live with hunger. My only snack is a couple of handfuls of mixed nuts once or twice a day. If you don't keep crap in the house then you can eat crap.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
We have been doing youtube workouts to try to keep up with the exercise. So far, found some good, some bad. At least as a family, we get something, especially on these rainy days...

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're eating very bountifully here with no weight gain.

Mark Hyman, MD has a saying "You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet". We're exercising and walking here. It feels great but it's the lack of sugar and starch that is fostering the weight loss.

Around October my doctor told me my bloodwork was showing pre diabetes. He is a holistic doctor and told me he ate pretty much a paleo diet. His only directions were "no grains, no sugar". It was a slow transformation as I already thought I was eating healthy. Sugar, flour, cookies and crackers all came from organic aisles of the grocery store so that's healthy. . .right? I had already limited adding sugar into tea and coffee by using monk fruit and stevia. This lifestyle change came through following the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) pattern https://trimhealthymama.com. My thought at a first glance at one of their cookbooks was "too strange". After watching another friend successfully change her lifestyle with it I gave it a try. It was okay but I don't do well with the erythritol and xylitol products they use. Now I've read that even those can mess with the body's insulin production. I still rely on two of their cookbooks but I stick with their stevia (because I like how they strive for quality) and Julian Bakery Pure Monk. I incorporate their collagen, whey, nutritional yeast, gelatin into my recipes.

I recommend their podcast (The Poddy). It's very encouraging with all aspects of life, not just eating lifestyle (https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/trimhealthypodcast?selected=ADL5383411402

I think my research began at the library. Mark Hyman's "Eat Fat, Get Thin" impressed me with the history of how America has gotten into this diabetic mess. Then there was a gazillion more books and podcasts.

Following his guidelines, making THM "S" meals, the pounds just started melting away. Portions were what felt comfortable, not measured. Meals looked like what would be served at 5* restaurants.

This post will get so long just the sight of it is going to turn people away. So if I can make one plea, it would be for everyone to watch Mark Hyman's 1st podcast: https://drhyman.com/blog/2018/05/22/the-doctors-farmacy-episode-one-with-michael-moss/. Maybe it will get you hooked to want to listen to more. I haven't heard a boring one yet. I now have 3 of his books, 'What The Heck Do I Eat", "What The Heck Do I Cook" and "Food Fix".

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Nope from 1/1/19 to 1/1/20 I lost 25 pounds. My Jean Size dropped by 4 inches. I now float 2 to 4 pounds. Sometimes 228. Sometimes 232.

mcdanielpj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I haven't gained but have not lost much over the last few weeks. The stress level is way up. Vacations cancelled, many telephone calls to cancel trips and fighting with airlines and cruise lines. It's been awful.

So today I am cleaning our daughter's old bedroom, which is the bedroom our granddaughters sleep in when they visit. I am going through old toys and sorting through different Fisher Price Play Family sets (farm, house, jetport, firehouse, barn, western town) and I am going to see what pieces we are missing. These are 40-year-old toys, but our grandkids love these sets. Anyway. I am going to buy whatever is missing of the little people and the animals and furniture.

It's kind of fun, but my feet hurt from standing on that hard wood floor upstairs. I had to come down for a rest.
Those old "Little People" toys are the BEST!!!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was lucky that @Panina thread started me back to being good and dropping weight a couple weeks before this happened. Since I was in diet mode it has been pretty easy to plan food to keep that going. I am actually more prone to eating too much when we are on the run. If I had gone into this on pig out mode I would look no different from a blimp.