• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Experiences with the $249 Holiday Inn Vacations Deal? (3-Night, 4 Day stay with presentation)

IRMO

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, first off, let me be clear. I just did this to get three nights at a reasonable price before a cruise. I (and my SO) have NO intention of buying into a timeshare (we've owned, and successfully shed, three different ones!). Does anyone have any experience with this offer? I submitted my request for a stay in early November 2023; we'll see what they offer. Right now, the offer (which I documented) is that we're supposed to get the $249 that I paid back in cash after we complete the 2-hour presentation in Orlando, at the end of our stay. Has anyone else done this? How did it go?

TXgalSAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV (old Silverleaf)
Hi Irmo. I own with HICV and still bought one of these packages. It is pretty much what it says. The "catch" is that you must go to the timeshare presentation. {JUST BE PREPARED TO SAY "NO" MANY TIMES!) You don't need to buy anything. Lots of people, including me, have extra weeks or points if you want to use HICV resorts at other times. Just look at the Marketplace section of this website. Hope this helps

jaimewvu

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $249 deal is how I got here! We got the deal because we stayed at an Holiday Inn in upstate NY, and we thought it would be nice to use it for a long weekend instead of staying on Disney property. Our 2 hour presentation took 4 hours, and after saying no a ton of times we ended up purchasing what they promised us would meet our vacation needs. The second we got back to our unit, I googled it and landed on TUG. We saved thousands of dollars by rescinding and ended up buying a week from someone on here. We absolutely love our timeshare but we like having a fixed week instead of being in the points system. We’ve also rented a second week from someone on here so we could have two weeks in a row if we want to spend that much time there. We are super thankful for this community!

Reaction score
Renting is definitely better, but as long as you either say NO a lot - or rescind as soon as you get to your suite - you'll be fine. I mean, a free weekend? That sounds like a pretty good deal, pay $250 and get it back after a 2 hour tour. At the very least, $249 for a 3-night luxury vacation is a steal! I know Orange Lake (HICV) does that all the time, and most luxury hotels (Hilton, Marriott, IHG, etc) charge over $150/night.

TS

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, the offer (which I documented) is that we're supposed to get the $249 that I paid back in cash after we complete the 2-hour presentation in Orlando, at the end of our stay. Has anyone else done this? How did it go?
".... MMMMMM I don't know" (Saturday Night Live Jeopardy reference)

Answer: "What is, You better check the fine print?"

Could you post your "offer .. documented" with the $249 cash rebate?

In exchange, this is the breakdown for my $249 IHG discounted package.

IHG Desert Inn.jpg

If I were in Vegas right now, I would bet you misunderstood something along the way (or maybe Orlando is different :) :LOL:), but odds are you paid $249 for 3 nights and there will be no "$249 paid back in cash." Still a good deal for a weekend, at least that is what I thought for 3 nights in Vegas.

PNWtravels

Reaction score
I paid $249 for the 3 night package with 2 hour presentation required and made the purchase in November. I then reserved dates in Scottsdale and recently stayed and had my tour. They booked my stay at a nearby Holiday Inn Express, not at the actual resort, so I had to drive over for the presentation. My gift for attending was $250 cash and 20k IHG reward points at the end of the presentation.

The presentation was two full hours and they came back with a few offers after saying no. The first offer was a reduced price on the 200k pt package (I want to say like $36,900 down from $50k) and subsequent offers were less points to reduce the price. The final offer was a $1499 package that included 7 nights at one of their ten resorts within two years in a 1 bed/1 bath or 2 bed/2 bath if available. Then another presentation would be required at that time and that gift was $400 in gift cards.

The people I dealt with were all nice and seemed to be okay with hearing that I would not be making any large purchases or financial decisions that day, that I wanted to research other brands, and that I would look into resale before purchasing any timeshare.

Hope this helps!

PNWtravels

Reaction score
I paid $249 for the 3 night package with 2 hour presentation required and made the purchase in November. I then reserved dates in Scottsdale and recently stayed and had my tour. They booked my stay at a nearby Holiday Inn Express, not at the actual resort, so I had to drive over for the presentation. My gift for attending was $250 cash and 20k IHG reward points at the end of the presentation.

The presentation was two full hours and they came back with a few offers after saying no. The first offer was a reduced price on the 200k pt package (I want to say like $36,900 down from $50k) and subsequent offers were less points to reduce the price. The final offer was a $1499 package that included 7 nights at one of their ten resorts within two years in a 1 bed/1 bath or 2 bed/2 bath if available. Then another presentation would be required at that time and that gift was $400 in gift cards.

The people I dealt with were all nice and seemed to be okay with hearing that I would not be making any large purchases or financial decisions that day, that I wanted to research other brands, and that I would look into resale before purchasing any timeshare.

Hope this helps!

Realizing I actually only paid $199 for the 3 night hotel package, I think the $249 packages do give the option of a resort stay. I definitely would have spent the extra $50 for that if I had realized it at the time.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Its not a bad deal if you get them to put you in a Signature unit or 2 BR. Just make sure your right "No" on the palms of your hands with black marker!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Hope this helps!

Welcome to TUG
Your post did a good job explaining the dollar cost / cost in time .

TUG is a great place to assist your research [ in resale options]

capemarie48

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a 4 night package in April 2022. I got a $100 gift card and all my money back (a check was mailed to me). I enjoyed the stay, said no a lot, and then rented another unit in Jan. 2023.

IRMO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for your concise replies! We are actually going to use it in Las Vegas next month, at their Desert Resort. I have assurances (and names, and extension numbers!) from three different people who assured me that if we "attend" the presentation, we will receive the $249 back in cash. @PNWtravels, was the 20K points part of their promotion to book within 60 days of the purchase of the package? We're going to use the time to check out snowbird opportunities for next year. I'll make sure I check back in and relate how it went for us.

lundberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did the stay at Desert Club two weeks ago and the initial price we got lowered to $199 and then had a $199 gift. Now they made us pay $150 for it being high season. I don't know that I buy that it was really high season but whatever. That being said we had another promo that was for $150 for booking so we got everything but taxes which was like $45 covered. They gave us cash. LIterally some of the most incompetent sales people I have ever encountered. We were just shy of 3 hours in and they only really made us the most basic of sales pitches and never even explained how the club points worked at all. I would also say the quality on Desert Club's rooms were not overly impressive. I don't know why people would want to stay at that resort routinely. But most of the other resorts we have looked at in the system seem nice. We are likely to buy in on the resale market.

mathmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Gatlinburg
I just did a package as an owner update that was a similar deal, $199 deposit returned in full and an extra $150 cash as part of the president's day promo. 3 nights in vegas, all $349 handed back in cash. Only a 1 hr sales pitch required, which after saying no several times I got my cash and was on my way.

I was in Vegas, Desert club is nice enough but usually in Vegas would prefer to be staying on the strip rather than behind.

Sometimes they have two prices $199 at partner resort and $249 for staying at Desert Club. For Vegas, I would go partner resort so you are on the strip. They put us up at Sahara (was then SLS) when I did that a few years ago.