• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Cranberry Resort owners here?!?

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any Cranberry owners here? Let's create a private message group and talk about your experiences over the past few years of having a hard time with availability....what is going on?!?!?!?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What can't you do that in this Forum?

Pianoguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vitality Vacations ( Cranberry )
Just wondering if there are any Cranberry owners here? Let's create a private message group and talk about your experiences over the past few years of having a hard time with availability....what is going on?!?!?!?
Hi
Yes, we have had a point 'owner' at Vitality Assurance Vacations ( Cranberry) since 2016, but NEVER USED ONE POINT !
We had no interest in golfing, skiing etc., but had been on a number of cruises, and were assured by their sales guy, Mike Kelly, at the high pressure sit down, that the points were valid for cruising as well as at other resorts, through RCI . .
NOT SO . .
So I asked for a termination / cancellation whatever, and after being stone walled for months, was told that there was no way to end this contract, and further more, we were obligated for 25 years !!!
CRAP! .... Ridiculous !
I'd love to hear from ANYBODY who has successfully stopped this abusive situation.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi
Yes, we have had a point 'owner' at Vitality Assurance Vacations ( Cranberry) since 2016, but NEVER USED ONE POINT !
We had no interest in golfing, skiing etc., but had been on a number of cruises, and were assured by their sales guy, Mike Kelly, at the high pressure sit down, that the points were valid for cruising as well as at other resorts, through RCI . .
NOT SO . .
So I asked for a termination / cancellation whatever, and after being stone walled for months, was told that there was no way to end this contract, and further more, we were obligated for 25 years !!! CRAP! .... Ridiculous !
I'd love to hear from ANYBODY who has successfully stopped this abusive situation.
1) If you signed a contract at a Canadian resort and reside in Canada - you are probably on the hook for 25 years
unless you wish to stop paying and enter a collection process that could affect your credit.

2) Re: RCI - you should be able to deposit you "week" into RCI and get use.
@Pianoguy - can you explain what you mean by "NOT SO" regarding RCI .

3) Do not pay anybody to help you "exit your TS" as those companies take your money too.

Pianoguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vitality Vacations ( Cranberry )
1) If you signed a contract at a Canadian resort and reside in Canada - you are probably on the hook for 25 years
unless you wish to stop paying and enter a collection process that could affect your credit.

2) Re: RCI - you should be able to deposit you "week" into RCI and get use.
@Pianoguy - can you explain what you mean by "NOT SO" regarding RCI .

3) Do not pay anybody to help you "exit your TS" as those companies take your money too.
Hi, when we asked initially how to use our points as payment on cruises, we were basically told that we would be paying almost as much in ‘service fees, as we would if we just booked on our own….so NOT SO, just more BS.
Larry Law presents himself as a “great community supporter”, but hi organization is just slimy.

vasselle

Reaction score
Hello. I’m also looking to connect with Club Cranberry TS owners. My family came up for our week and discovered that the property is being converted to a Retirement Residence. This construction includes the Club Cranberry building. To my knowledge no TS owners have been informed about the timing of this change and what that means for our Right to Use. You can look this up online under planning application

D111420​

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes! I read that in one of the emails from Larry Law. I own at the fairways. They’ve sold most of them but still have some avail for us ts owners to book every other year usage.

dblarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Cranberry owner also. Bought weeks then was convinced to convert to points. This started the clock over again at 50 years by which time my husband will be 129! Trying to give it away as the annual fees are too high for what we get and we are not interested in this sort of vacation any more.

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Cranberry owner also. Bought weeks then was convinced to convert to points. This started the clock over again at 50 years by which time my husband will be 129! Trying to give it away as the annual fees are too high for what we get and we are not interested in this sort of vacation any more.
Thank you for sharing! They are always trying to get me to convert to points for an additional fee but didn’t know the 50 year reset!

Riverside76

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Cranberry
I'm also a Cranberry owner. Did you stop paying maintenance fees? I did, going to collections in 2 week's. Can't draw blood from a stone. Anyone else with experience doing this?