• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any comments on staying at Park Royal Homestay Los Tules, PV?

rpennisi

Reaction score
Booked through RCI two weeks for January 2023. Got rejected from staying at the Buganvileas (1/4 rule). Will be there after two weeks at NV Vidanta.
Any recommendations about buildings to request for the stay would be appreciated.

Ron

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used to own a 3BR in Los Tules many years ago, and loved it! We were one unit back from oceanfront in Bldg 6, with a wonderful view towards downtown. Here’s a map of the property.
10DD470C-4F9A-4BDE-B15C-F13C9A51D84D.jpeg

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
We used to own a 3BR in Los Tules many years ago, and loved it! We were one unit back from oceanfront in Bldg 6, with a wonderful view towards downtown. Here’s a map of the property.

View attachment 64089

View attachment 64089
Thanks PamMo, good to know. Could you please try to put that property map back up. For whatever reason, it says "The requested page could not be found."

Ron

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 7 is one large villa with it’s own pool, so you won’t be able to request that, but there are a lot of other nice options. Building 6 borders the stream, and some units used to get noise until the early morning from a dance club across the stream - just something to consider. We haven’t been back for several years, so I don’t know if the club is still there? I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of the oceanfront units or high floors of the ocean facing units. Bldg 20 is too close to the resort next door for my liking. Bldg 22 is the restaurant.

The patios/balconies are quite large, and most have really nice views of the grounds, pools, and the bay. Los Tules consists of low-rise buildings on an old coconut plantation, so filtered bay views through the palms are the norm if you’re not on the water. It feels like your own little world in PV, but shopping is across the street and you can hop on the bus right at the entrance to the property. Lots of good restaurants are within walking distance. We used to go every year during the last two weeks of May for Restaurant Week.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Building 7 is one large villa with it’s own pool, so you won’t be able to request that, but there are a lot of other nice options. Building 6 borders the stream, and some units used to get noise until the early morning from a dance club across the stream - just something to consider. We haven’t been back for several years, so I don’t know if the club is still there? I wouldn’t be disappointed with any of the oceanfront units or high floors of the ocean facing units. Bldg 20 is too close to the resort next door for my liking. Bldg 22 is the restaurant.

The patios/balconies are quite large, and most have really nice views of the grounds, pools, and the bay. Los Tules consists of low-rise buildings on an old coconut plantation, so filtered bay views through the palms are the norm if you’re not on the water. It feels like your own little world in PV, but shopping is across the street and you can hop on the bus right at the entrance to the property. Lots of good restaurants are within walking distance. We used to go every year during the last two weeks of May for Restaurant Week.
Thank you PamMo! I have read reviews on TripAdvisor, etc that said that the loud music goes until 3-4 AM! I want to try to avoid that building(s) if possible. I am guessing that is building 6(?).
Now from your earlier reply, the map of the buildings is showing! Thanks.

Ron

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Bldg 6 is closest to the nightclub Strana, which is on the road. The club opens at 10:30PM and the party can last all night long. The construction of the buildings is very solid with thick walls, and to be honest, we didn't have a problem with noise in our unit. but we were on the beach and we don't sleep with the windows open.

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
Yes, Bldg 6 is closest to the nightclub Strana, which is on the road. The club opens at 10:30PM and the party can last all night long. The construction of the buildings is very solid with thick walls, and to be honest, we didn't have a problem with noise in our unit. but we were on the beach and we don't sleep with the windows open.

Pam,
Do you know where C320 would be located?
Thanks
Ron

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
Pam,
Do you know where C320 would be located?
Thanks
Ron
That would be in building C--the one closest to the office. I stayed in building A in November and thought it was excellent. We were in the end unit with views of the grounds and the driveway with parked cars. The ground floor one-bedroom was very large with two bathrooms and a very large patio. I was very impressed with the condition of the unit. Several years ago I stayed in building 6, and the disco noise was a problem for me. I've also stayed in building 20 and didn't like how the patio was just a few feet from Fiesta American next door.

rpennisi

Reaction score
That would be in building C--the one closest to the office. I stayed in building A in November and thought it was excellent. We were in the end unit with views of the grounds and the driveway with parked cars. The ground floor one-bedroom was very large with two bathrooms and a very large patio. I was very impressed with the condition of the unit. Several years ago I stayed in building 6, and the disco noise was a problem for me. I've also stayed in building 20 and didn't like how the patio was just a few feet from Fiesta American next door.
Thank you so much for that information. We’re glad that we aren’t getting building 26. Maybe the request written in Spanish helped(?). We’ll be there in 2 days, a day late after a stay in Nuevo Vallarta.
What EJC said.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for that information. We’re glad that we aren’t getting building 26. Maybe the request written in Spanish helped(?). We’ll be there in 2 days, a day late after a stay in Nuevo Vallarta.
Make sure you inform the resort that you'll be checking in one day late. BTW, building A was three stories high with front unit and back units. We had a first floor back unit. Building C could be a similar layout, but I don't know for sure. The square pool in front of brings B and C was very pleasant and quiet with shade provide by nearby palm trees, etc.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Make sure you inform the resort that you'll be checking in one day late. BTW, building A was three stories high with front unit and back units. We had a first floor back unit. Building C could be a similar layout, but I don't know for sure. The square pool in front of brings B and C was very pleasant and quiet with shade provide by nearby palm trees, etc.
IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

The above images are the menu from the restaurant at Los Tules: Cafe Chapultepec. Margaritas are 2-for-1 all day. I believe Thursday is rib night--delicious; the full menu is available even when there is a nightly special.

rpennisi

Reaction score
View attachment 71904
View attachment 71905
View attachment 71906
The above images are the menu from the restaurant at Los Tules: Cafe Chapultepec. Margaritas are 2-for-1 all day. I believe Thursday is rib night--delicious; the full menu is available even when there is a nightly special.
Thank you again and for the menu and building/suite info. I did inform them that we would be a day late arriving. Very glad we won’t be in building 6 as I have a hard time falling asleep as it is without the late night “music”. Definitely will go for the Thursday night ribs!

rpennisi

Reaction score
One bedroom two bathroom second floor unit is in good condition and spacious, overlooking the pool in the back. Restaurant staff were very friendly.
Soriana food shopping across 200 was a plus.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One bedroom two bathroom second floor unit is in good condition and spacious, overlooking the pool in the back. Restaurant staff were very friendly.
Soriana food shopping across 200 was a plus.
My favorite breakfast/lunch waiter is Gabbi (Gabriel) and my favorite dinner waiter is Fernando. If you end up with either of them, tell them "Eduardo" says hello. If you decide to do rib night, they will split your order between you and your partner if you're not super hungry. They won't do a half order. Villa del Palmar, about a block north, has a laundromat that anyone can use if you need to do laundry. You buy the laundry coins in the Palmita Market (the Villa del Palmar convenience store). Both the laundromat and market are on the street, i.e., you don't have to go through the resort's main entrance. The Palmita Market has a reasonably priced deli. My favorite at the deli is the Mexican chicken wrap. Their hamburger is good too (comes with bacon and cheese). With either the wrap or the burger you have a choice of sides: potato salad, macaroni salad, or chips. From 5pm-9pm their pastries are 2-for-1. The cashier has a printed menu in case the rotating menu on the tv screens tests your patience. Enjoy!

rpennisi

Reaction score
My favorite breakfast/lunch waiter is Gabbi (Gabriel) and my favorite dinner waiter is Fernando. If you end up with either of them, tell them "Eduardo" says hello. If you decide to do rib night, they will split your order between you and your partner if you're not super hungry. They won't do a half order. Villa del Palmar, about a block north, has a laundromat that anyone can use if you need to do laundry. You buy the laundry coins in the Palmita Market (the Villa del Palmar convenience store). Both the laundromat and market are on the street, i.e., you don't have to go through the resort's main entrance. The Palmita Market has a reasonably priced deli. My favorite at the deli is the Mexican chicken wrap. Their hamburger is good too (comes with bacon and cheese). With either the wrap or the burger you have a choice of sides: potato salad, macaroni salad, or chips. From 5pm-9pm their pastries are 2-for-1. The cashier has a printed menu in case the rotating menu on the tv screens tests your patience. Enjoy!
We didn’t go to their restaurant tonight, but we did have Fernando last night (before your post), but I definitely will tell them when I see them. Looking forward to ribs night. Another man at the pool today also loved the ribs. Palmita Market sounds good too, thanks Eduardo!

Reactions: EJC

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We didn’t go to their restaurant tonight, but we did have Fernando last night (before your post), but I definitely will tell them when I see them. Looking forward to ribs night. Another man at the pool today also loved the ribs. Palmita Market sounds good too, thanks Eduardo!
If you like Italian, La Dolce is a block north of Villa del Palmar. There is a traffic light at the intersection. It’s across the street in back of the Argentine restaurant. La Dolce is surprisingly affordable and the food is good. One of my favorite things to do is take a cab to Lindo Mar Resort (Concha’s Chinas area) for happy hour ( noon or 5 pm) and have lunch or dinner. The view from the restaurant at Lindo Mar is wonderful. The restaurant is right on the ocean. During happy hour drinks are simply half price, not 2-for-1. The cab fare from Los Tules would be 150 pesos plus tip each way. I’m in the process of buying a timeshare at Lindo Mar via RedWeek. It’s a “full-service” listing and it’s taking a LONG time to process.

rpennisi

Reaction score
We saw Fernando and I told him you said hello. He was happy to hear from you and had high praise of you.

Reactions: EJC

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We saw Fernando and I told him you said hello. He was happy to hear from you and had high praise of you.
Thanks for telling him "HI" for me. I've been going to that restaurant for several years now.

jeffrey60

Reaction score
This large one-bedroom, two-bathroom condo, located on the second story, with a balcony with a view of the pool and a relaxing backyard. Staff at the restaurant were excellent hosts.
the backrooms

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've booked a 3 bedroom through RCI for early December at Los Tules. Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would continue with this one. We've been to PV several times. Once we stayed at Sheraton Buganvilias (a 1 bedroom unit exchanged through RCI) for 2 weeks and loved it. Another time we were at the Hampton Inn in NV for a few days and didn't like it as much. We love going to the centro, either walking or by bus. We went to boca de tomatlan a few times and loved the hiking/beaches there.

I'm a light sleeper so I would definitely not want to be in building 6. Can we do anything to prevent getting a unit in bldg 6? We eat out but cook in the unit too. There is a Soriana right across the street so shopping for groceries would be easy I think? How is the kitchen in the unit?

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

rpennisi

Reaction score
The Soriano across the street is very well equipped for any cooking needs. The kitchen was good for any stove top cooking we did (breakfasts). I don't remember if there was an oven (I don't think so), We asked for a building that was not near building 6 and they gave us building C which was far enough away from the club that blasts their music. But, I don't think building C would accommodate a three bedroom unit. Ours was a one bedroom with 2 baths.

For restaurants, we ate at the restaurant on site three times (twice on ribs night!!). Crossing the road and to the right and in a couple of blocks was 8 Tostadas (excellent MX food). Walking left from Soriano a few "blocks" was a food park that had a number of good food trucks with ample seating between the ring of trucks. A bit farther down was an excellent Italian restaurant (La Dolce) which we liked.

Buses are on the road right outside of Los Tules, but Malecon/centro is not close enough to walk. Except for the offsite music, Los Tules has a nice laid back vibe.