• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any claims for Allianz trip cancellation

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
We were scheduled to travel to Aruba in November. It was my third exchange so we couldn’t extend it any longer. My husband broke his big toe very badly and split it wide open. We decided we shouldn’t go on this trip. I tried offering to family & friends. No one was able to use it. I called II and asked what my options were. With the reps advice I purchased the Allianz insurance.

About a week before that scheduled trip my husband who has been battling cancer for 7 yrs began to become ill. Long story short he ended up in ICU for 3 weeks, total of 5 weeks in a Boston Hospital from a tick borne illness called Anaplasmosis. Lucky for cancelling the trip and for purchasing the insurance because of a broken toe. I am in the process of filing a claim. The policy only covers $1000. Of expenses. Has anyone filed a claim with them for their maintenance fees? They want proof of trip cost. How do I prove maintenance & exchange fees? The airline already reimbursed us to use within a year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry to hear of your husband's your health issues. Wishing you all the best. Do you have a copy of your MF bill. You should be able to get it from your MVC ownership account. As for the exchange fees, you may want to contact II to see if they can send you some kind of receipt. Otherwise, you may be able to use your credit card statements. You will need to ask Allianz if that is acceptable.

travelmom11

Reaction score
We were scheduled to travel to Aruba in November. It was my third exchange so we couldn’t extend it any longer. My husband broke his big toe very badly and split it wide open. We decided we shouldn’t go on this trip. I tried offering to family & friends. No one was able to use it. I called II and asked what my options were. With the reps advice I purchased the Allianz insurance.

About a week before that scheduled trip my husband who has been battling cancer for 7 yrs began to become ill. Long story short he ended up in ICU for 3 weeks, total of 5 weeks in a Boston Hospital from a tick borne illness called Anaplasmosis. Lucky for cancelling the trip and for purchasing the insurance because of a broken toe. I am in the process of filing a claim. The policy only covers $1000. Of expenses. Has anyone filed a claim with them for their maintenance fees? They want proof of trip cost. How do I prove maintenance & exchange fees? The airline already reimbursed us to use within a year.
I did last year but it was a nightmare. It was the interval insurance right? The problem is interval defaults only to 1000 instead of your MF. I even added extra insurance to cover it but they still wouldn’t. I had to go through 4 supervisors and then help from Marriott interval rep to supervisor. I also submitted my MF info but took a long time. I will never buy interval insurance again and instead only stick with the Marriott insurance.

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did last year but it was a nightmare. It was the interval insurance right? The problem is interval defaults only to 1000 instead of your MF. I even added extra insurance to cover it but they still wouldn’t. I had to go through 4 supervisors and then help from Marriott interval rep to supervisor. I also submitted my MF info but took a long time. I will never buy interval insurance again and instead only stick with the Marriott insurance.
I finally got all my information to them. I received a response saying it was preexisting. It was not. Now I have to have a Dr. sign another form. Your right I only did the one for $1000. I figured it was better than nothing. I have a feeling they’re going to argue this forever. Sometimes I wonder is it worth it. But hey I want my $1000.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got all my information to them. I received a response saying it was preexisting. It was not. Now I have to have a Dr. sign another form. Your right I only did the one for $1000. I figured it was better than nothing. I have a feeling they’re going to argue this forever. Sometimes I wonder is it worth it. But hey I want my $1000.
They consider it THEIR $1,000 until you prove without a shadow of doubt that they owe it to you. Good Luck!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I’m confused about your facts. Did your husband break his toe, and therefore you decided to cancel the trip and purchased the trip insurance as a way out?

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes I will admit. I bought the insurance a day or two after my husband broke his toe just in case we couldn’t go. Then 7 days later he ended up in the emergency room un related to the toe. It actually took another 4 days for them to figure out exactly why he was so sick. Come to learn he had a tick bite that was shutting down his system. He ended up with dialysis, pace maker, feeding tube, several blood transfusions and on & on. 35 days in a Boston hospital. Which 2 1/2 weeks were in the ICU. if we had to cancel for the toe I could understand. There was no way we say any of this happening.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please keep us updated. Due to the short period of time between buying travel insurance and your husband admitting to the hospital, Allianz probably treats it that you were aware that he was not feeling well and hence you bought the travel insurance.

If it was me, I probably would have bitten a bullet and cancel out to get a replacement certificate which would be good for a year but limited to flex change. It would be easier than trying to claim insurance.