• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any chance the UK might fully open soon?

James G

Reaction score
I've got a 1 week trip planned in London for the middle of December. It's been scheduled for a while, but the odds of us going are slim because of the mandatory two week quarantine. What's everyone's guess on whether the UK might follow Hawaii's lead in dropping the quarantine for those that have a negative test? Should I hang it up on this December, or stay the course and see what happens?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Considering the government can't even decide whether to implement a new national lockdown or not due to an increase in cases I don't hold out much hope for them opening the borders completely for some time.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got a 1 week trip planned in London for the middle of December. It's been scheduled for a while, but the odds of us going are slim because of the mandatory two week quarantine. What's everyone's guess on whether the UK might follow Hawaii's lead in dropping the quarantine for those that have a negative test? Should I hang it up on this December, or stay the course and see what happens?
I'm in the same situation with a week starting in mid Dec .Right now air bridge closed unless quarantine. Ugh. It seems to change weekly depending on numbers. It's a ways off so who knows. I haven't given up hope just yet.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
With some of the hotel, airbnb and vrbo deals I’ve found, I’d love to go but I have little hope.

Cheers

James G

Reaction score
I'm the type that refuses to cancel entirely. I guess it'll be like my Aruba trip from a few months ago. I had to reschedule that trip 4 times until they opened the island. I'll just keep rescheduling England until they open, and when they do, I'll be first in line. I won't back down.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm the type that refuses to cancel entirely. I guess it'll be like my Aruba trip from a few months ago. I had to reschedule that trip 4 times until they opened the island. I'll just keep rescheduling England until they open, and when they do, I'll be first in line. I won't back down.
I totally understand. I have cancelled a Baltics trip now 2x and awaiting to see if it will be a third time. Keep planning and eventually things will work out. We have to think positive!!

James G

Reaction score
It's like Warren Buffet said about stocks. "Sometimes the tide is with us, sometimes it's against us, but either way we keep swimming."

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
:cry: I don't they will reopen any time soon, talk is there will be another :oops:lockdown

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Boris is saying the new restrictions may last 6 months.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
But pubs stay open?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I thought I heard last night that the pubs have to close early, and there is no bar service.
Oh that’s too bad. I’m hoping things get better in UK and here in US too

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
I snagged round trip tickets from Newark to Paris for $205 next June, so I hope things are opened again by then!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boris is saying the new restrictions may last 6 months.
Yikes !! I watched him speak last night on BBC. It's very grim and I was hopeful. Now I'm really wondering about my December plans. Right now it looks like a no go. I'll wait till end of Oct and see where things are.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
I snagged round trip tickets from Newark to Paris for $205 next June, so I hope things are opened again by then!

Wow, what a deal - unbelievable! The biggie will be whether the EU will allow USA Tourist - as it is almost a definite that our infection rate will not improve- so no country will allow us to visit. No surprise- who wants us?

Guess I will cancel our airline tixs for our Xmas trip to Germany to visit my daughter working there. Will have to call AA and check how their new no change fee policy affects previously booked award tixs. Hope I get an AA rep that is knowledgeable. Guess there is no reason to wait to cancel given there is little hope that we will be allowed to enter Germany in Dec.

James G

Reaction score
My wife just spoke with United Airlines today regarding our ability to cancel or December trip. The United rep said we could get a credit toward future travel good until 4-8-2021 which is one year from the day we first bought the tickets, or we could wait to see if United cancels on us, which would give us a refund. Didn't make a decision yet.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim, good luck, I hope it works out for youand your wife for your trip! You never know, maybe with the rapid testing it will be a go. Supposedly you know in minutes. And Nero, you too!!!, bjones 99:)42 WOW! $205, just WOW!! silentg there is always hope, and I am hoping for us all too:)

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim, good luck, I hope it works out for youand your wife for your trip! You never know, maybe with the rapid testing it will be a go. Supposedly you know in minutes. And Nero, you too!!!, bjones 99:)42 WOW! $205, just WOW!! silentg there is always hope, and I am hoping for us all too:)
Cancelled after hearing Prime Ministers speech for next 6 months. No airbridge for me either so .....I'll try for next year!!! My week went available very long so someone in England probably got it.

Last edited:

James G

Reaction score
I just cancelled also. I'm now scheduled to go to Hawaii in mid March

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally understand. I have cancelled a Baltics trip now 2x and awaiting to see if it will be a third time. Keep planning and eventually things will work out. We have to think positive!!
Well it's a 3rd cancellation but could be worse. Rebooked for late spring. Fingers crossed. Flight cancelled. So, we are taking the opportunity to stay in Algarve for low trading power at gold crown. At least I can drive!!!