• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any car guys here?

blackjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My lease is coming up and I am comparing 3 choices: A6, 535i, E350 Bluetec.

What would you guys pick and why?

Also, I am in Southern CA in LA area. If someone has a contact or works at Audi, please pass along the details. I am trying to shop around for deals. Thanks!

best,
Jack

Ballen0351

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ummmm None of the above. What you need is a 1979 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler :D

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The guy who owns the shop where I take my Toyota Prius for maintenance is also the shuttle driver for his shop. :D We were talking as he was driving me back and forth on my most recent maintenance visit. I mentioned having an Audi 4000, the first model year, and how terrible the car was. I blamed it on being a new model. His comment was that Audi has never made a good car.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was expecting different choices given the title of this thread...

like...65 GTO, 69 charger, etc etc =D

Ballen0351

TUG Member
Reaction score

So was I. Im a jeep guy myself. I have had 23 over the last 5years I restore them and sell them. Im down to 4what's right now. Nothing newer then an 82.

SpikeMauler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Also, I am in Southern CA in LA area. If someone has a contact or works at Audi, please pass along the details. I am trying to shop around for deals. Thanks!

best,
Jack

I owned a 530i 8 years ago and loved it. My neighbor had an E350 and it was always in the dealership shop. He got rid of it. A friend also had constant problems with her E350. Can't comment on the Audi. They look look nice though...

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out swapalease.com or leasetrader.com you can take over a lease with no money down, from 6 months to 60, and the best part is many people are desperate and will give you cash up front to take over the lease. Best way to lease a car period.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Or 57 Chevy, 65 Mustang.....

32 Duesenberg boattail speedster....

And I hope you meant "guy" generically :)

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read "car guy", and I think Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, McLaren........

Steve

Reaction score
I have a 528xi, and I love it. Great car and great looking, too. I think BMWs are definitely the "coolest" of the German cars. My second choice on your list would be the E350.

Steve

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
You want a 2001 Acura Integra? If you can get it to pass an inspection...instead of me having to just 'fade' the inspection sticker manually so the cops don't notice....its all yours

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You want a 2001 Acura Integra? If you can get it to pass an inspection...instead of me having to just 'fade' the inspection sticker manually so the cops don't notice....its all yours

I need to talk to you about this car. They are my favorite.

What is the deal with not passing inspection?

elaine

antjmar

Reaction score
Hi all,

Jack
I'd probably go with the Audi interiors are the best IMO... not a fan of the newer 5 series style and seems like everyone has one. Why the Bluetec and not a gas model?

antjmar

Reaction score
I think you need a red marker! :D

geekette

Reaction score
I asked my gearhead friend about Audis. He likes the ones over in Europe but not keen on the ones here. He says the quality has continued to come up "over here" but he wouldn't touch one more than a couple years old.

He has an 82 Porsche 911 (newest addition to the fleet), plenty of vw's including bus, 56 chevy truck, dune buggy, race car, El Camino ...

antjmar

Reaction score
I asked my gearhead friend about Audis. He likes the ones over in Europe but not keen on the ones here. He says the quality has continued to come up "over here" but he wouldn't touch one more than a couple years old.
QUOTE]
I agree with your friend, but the OP is probably leasing a brand new one so they will have a full warranty and will probably turn it in after 3 - 4 years.
(I assumed this since his current lease is up).

Last edited:

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 528xi, and I love it. Great car and great looking, too. I think BMWs are definitely the "coolest" of the German cars. My second choice on your list would be the E350.

Steve
girls cars, IMO. Car guys drive bmw Ms (M3, M5, M6) and AMG mercedes, or Audi S ( S4, S5, S6, S8) Who buys a german car and wants the cheapest engines they offer? People that just want to be seen in the body. Go big or go home :)

Nice thing is the bmws offer 4 years 0 maintenance. U basically only pay for tires. My 09 C63 AMG costs an arm and a leg to service. $220 for service A and starting at $500 for service B. Not to mention the rotors are $1000 a piece ... Better change those brembo brakes on time!!

Plus the BMW is alot more mod friendly, pulley package for $400, chip for $600. You add performqnce package on the benz cost me nearly $8000, sure its nearly got 500 hp after that up from 456, but the mods are too expensive. The bmw M5 will be the next car i own, v8 biturbo and mod friendly for dinan for more reasnable price.

Before this benz I had an Audi S4 which was a champ in the snow, this benz want a dry autobahn it seems. Staggered tires n all that.

Now that my elitist car rant is over, steve next time you gdt a beamer cough up a little more money ans get something with the 3.0 6cyl biturbo they offer, like 335 or 535, you will have a blend of performance and affordability, as the cars I named are a little pricey for most. But 528, that is a puny engine for that big of car.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
bmw's - doesn't that stand for Big Maintenance Whallop?

antjmar

Reaction score
girls cars, IMO. Car guys drive bmw Ms (M3, M5) and AMG mercedes. Who buys a german car and wants the cheapest engines they offer? People that just want to be seen in the body. Go big or go home :)

:hysterical:
Funny! when I was 20 something I went car shopping with a friend who wanted to buy a BMW 318. The salesman said the same thing!:p
He even took us for a ride in a 540 to try to persuade him!
He didnt buy from him of course!

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
:hysterical:
Funny! when I was 20 something I went car shopping with a friend who wanted to buy a BMW 318. The salesman said the same thing!:p
He even took us for a ride in a 540 to try to persuade him!
He didnt buy from him of course!
that 1.8 4cyl in the 318 was funny. They discontinued that. Now the cheapest engine they make is the 3.0 found in 328 and 528, nice for the teen girl or mom that wants to be seen in a BMW but that dad/husband doesnt want burning thru gas.

That was a nice salesman, rare these days to find. Instead of selling the el cheapo he gave him good advice and cost himself the sale.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ill certainly never own another BMW....spent more time in the shop than in my garage.

Sure it was all covered under the warranty, but I bought MY car to drive...not a loaner.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

best,
Jack

You need a real car = Porsche Cayenne

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
If you want an Audi, get an R8. Otherwise, buy American. The other models depreciate so fast it's hard to justify the cost. (unless this is a business write-off)