• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any buy-in required for the new owners?

Mare H-DB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm canyon spa &resort through Diamond Resorts
Have a deeded title to MGV-Diamond Resort property with 9300 Club points which I am trying to sell. Anyone know if there is a requirement for the new owners to “buy-in” to be able to get all the benefits of the timeshare (exchanging within the 9 resorts, using an exchange service)? If you have any experience with Diamond Resort resales, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a deeded title to MGV-Diamond Resort property with 9300 Club points which I am trying to sell. Anyone know if there is a requirement for the new owners to “buy-in” to be able to get all the benefits of the timeshare (exchanging within the 9 resorts, using an exchange service)? If you have any experience with Diamond Resort resales, I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

A few thoughts:
1. There is a Diamond-specific forum here on TUG, where this kind of detail-oriented inquiry might be more appropriate (and also more widely seen by folks with Diamond-specific knowledge and experience).

2. Diamond has a "deedback" program called "Transitions"; something to perhaps consider if you ultimately have no luck selling. However, my understanding is that only developer-direct purchases (i.e., not resale market acquisitions) are eligible for consideration. There are fees imposed for the (ahem) "privilege" of giving back for free that which once cost serious money to buy. What a deal! :rolleyes:

3. Unfortunately, you may discover that there is little or no resale demand and / or value for your DRI "product", but good luck!

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The main restriction on DRI resell Points is that they can only be used in the Collection to which they belong but not for any of the affiliates associated with the Collection. So a person that bought resell USA Collection could not use their Points to Book into Hawaii, Europe, Far East, etc.

Also DRI has little value on the resell market. I picked up Resell DRI Hawaiian Points for $1.00 and the seller paid all the fees associated with the Transfer.

Last edited:

Mare H-DB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The main restriction on DRI resell Points is that they can only be used in the Collection to which they belong but not for any of the affiliates associated with the Collection. So a person that bought resell USA Collection could not use their Points to Book into Hawaii, Europe, Far East, etc.

Also DRI has little value on the resell market. I picked up Resell DRI Hawaiian Points for $1.00 and the seller paid all the fees associated with the Transfer.

Thanks - that’s more info than I got from DRI.

cindyc

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Kohala Suites, HGVC - Boulevard, HGV - Sedona Summit (deeded weeks), Sheraton Desert Oasis
A deeded week owner can use Destination Exchange, DRI's internal exchange program. I have used it with great sucess and find it a good value. The value is not good for points owners.

My advice is to keep your week as a deeded week and don't make a purchase for the "privilege" of converting it to points.

C

Mare H-DB

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A deeded week owner can use Destination Exchange, DRI's internal exchange program. I have used it with great sucess and find it a good value. The value is not good for points owners.

My advice is to keep your week as a deeded week and don't make a purchase for the "privilege" of converting it to points.

C
Thanks