• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another villa group preferred access member buyers regret

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Sorry I’m not very good at legalease. Can you take a look at these pictures and let me know if an email to the intermediary is to:
memberservices@villagroup.com?
And it states that I have 5 business days after the purchase so I think I should be good if I send the email today.
Most of us aren't lawyers either. I take it the same as you with regard to email, but I'm no lawyer. I'd still send a paper copy to the physical address as well. If you send an email, "cc" PROFECO's email. If I find it, I'll update this post.

Here are 2 email addresses for them: denunciasprofeco@profeco.gob.mx and turista@profeco.gob.mx

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Yes, send the email today. Also send a letter or give it to the concierge , reception desk or sales desk. Be sure to include all names that signed the contract. Call your credit card to let them know. You should be good to go.

Bill

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m in me
Send the rescind letter out Today if your post office is still open. If not, Monday!!!
I’m in Mexico still. I’m trying to see if I can email them this cancellation. At the same time if I can cc the profecto, that would be great. Would anyone know if I can cc them? And if so what the profectos email address is?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's in post #26. Do not assume that the resort is going to make this easy - in addition to the email I would definitely send a written rescission. That way you have a receipt from the location where you mail it, and you have a document for your credit card company. The front desk where you are staying may be able to direct you to the best location to send the rescission letter.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that you don't own any Mexican Timeshare. As others have said, Mexican Timeshares are basically a membership (right to use).

Personally? I wouldn't keep it, and I would RESCIND it immediately. You work hard for your money so you need to protect your assets.

Follow the rescission instructions provided to you. I always recommend folks to send Mexican rescission paperwork via REGISTERED MAIL. Registered Mail is recognized in most every country in the world so it doesn't matter if you mail it in the USA or Mexico. Retain the Postmarked mailing receipt to prove that you mailed it within FIVE business days. Any buyer who signed the purchase paperwork (i.e. husband + wife) would need to sign the rescission paperwork.

Keep in mind that they may attempt to contact you to resurrect the transaction, and you'll find the offer to be far better the second time around. Pay no attention to that salesperson hiding behind the telephone and ignore the much better offer.

One other thing; Spend $15 and become a member of TUG. It will be the best $15 you will ever spend.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m in me

I’m in Mexico still. I’m trying to see if I can email them this cancellation. At the same time if I can cc the profecto, that would be great. Would anyone know if I can cc them? And if so what the profectos email address is?

When at Flamingos, you can write a letter of cancellation that says , We, Jim Jones and Mary Jones are canceling this contract today, April 23,2022. We expect a full refund and an acknowledgement of our cancelation. The both of you sign and date it.

Give it to the reception desk, the concierge or the sales office. Email the same message to memberservices@resortcom.com , turista@profeco.gob.mx .

This is an excellent resort system that allows reservations at multiple opulent locations in Mexico. Be sure to send the email as this documents a time stamp. The sales staff can take your letter and they are not the hard sell type when you tell them here is a cancelation letter.

Bill

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
When at Flamingos, you can write a letter of cancellation that says , We, Jim Jones and Mary Jones are canceling this contract today, April 23,2022. We expect a full refund and an acknowledgement of our cancelation. The both of you sign and date it.

Give it to the reception desk, the concierge or the sales office. Email the same message to memberservices@resortcom.com , turista@profeco.gob.mx .

This is an excellent resort system that allows reservations at multiple opulent locations in Mexico. Be sure to send the email as this documents a time stamp.

Bill
Thank you Bill. We are not staying at flamingos. We are staying at the Hilton. About 15 -20 minutes away. Do you think it’s required to send the letter from flamingos? Or can I send it from the Hilton? Or should the email (with a photo of the contract) suffice? If I don’t have to travel to their office, that would be preferred.

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a fyi.
Most of us aren't lawyers either. I take it the same as you with regard to email, but I'm no lawyer. I'd still send a paper copy to the physical address as well. If you send an email, "cc" PROFECO's email. If I find it, I'll update this post.

Here are 2 email addresses for them: denunciasprofeco@profeco.gob.mx and turista@profeco.gob.mx
The denunciaprofeco email does not work. I got a NDR (denied) when I sent to that one. The turista one seems to have gone through.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Bill. We are not staying at flamingos. We are staying at the Hilton. About 15 -20 minutes away. Do you think it’s required to send the letter from flamingos? Or can I send it from the Hilton? Or should the email (with a photo of the contract) suffice? If I don’t have to travel to their office, that would be preferred.

Just send the letter and email. That is all that is required. Resortcom is in Las Vegas so no one at Flamingos would know if you canceled. You could fax Flamingos from the Hilton @ 011-52-322-226-8101 . Be sure to call your credit card company to let them know.

Bill

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just send the letter and email. That is all that is required. Resortcom is in Las Vegas so no one at Flamingos would know if you canceled. You could fax Flamingos from the Hilton @ 011-52-322-226-8101 . Be sure to call your credit card company to let them know.

Bill
Great. The f part (email) is complete.
Regarding the letter, do I just need to send them the letter with a cancellation statement? Or do I need to send them the whole contract packet as well? It doesn’t really detail that in the contract.
and should I be sending the letter to flamingos or to resortcom? I’m a little confused who the intermediary is (I emailed both memberservices@villagroup.com and memberservices@resortcom.com). But not sure who to mail a letter to (without dropping it off at flamingos)
I’ll call the cc company later and have them take off the charge. Or Atleast inform them of my intent to cancel.
thanks all. This is a lesson learned for sure. And much helpful and quick responses from you all. Appreciated!!

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you explain how that would be better than what I have now?
I have 50 years at (18500/50) + 557. So that’s $927 per week. This is a studio/jr suite.
Does the Marriott time share also charge a yearly maintenance? Or is that included in the cost? And am I just buying a single use in the resale market or so I have a xx year commitment as well?
You should assume that 18,500 could be earning $1,000 to $2,000 per year. So that would make your week a lot more expensive. Or maybe the money would be under your mattress or in a checking account earning $0 extra.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
They problem with contacting them is that now you have alerted them that you intend to cancel - expect to be contacted soon with strident arguments about why you should not cancel. It's best if you don't contact them again, besides the actual recission. The timeshare people arenot your friends - they are your advisaries, and they want their commission!

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should assume that 18,500 could be earning $1,000 to $2,000 per year. So that would make your week a lot more expensive. Or maybe the money would be under your mattress or in a checking account earning $0 extra.
That’s true. But this is to some degree a small hedge on inflation as the resort prices likely go up yearly and I’m assuming the same points buy the same level of rooms for the duration of the contract. That said the maintenance going up might offset this to some degree.
I believe I need to be in this time share for a much lower price. Or I need to be in a Timeshare that can give me more flexibility to travel to many different destinations. So I believe one of these programs are still the watt to go vs. retail (Expedia)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s true. But this is to some degree a small hedge on inflation as the resort prices likely go up yearly and I’m assuming the same points buy the same level of rooms for the duration of the contract. That said the maintenance going up might offset this to some degree.
I believe I need to be in this time share for a much lower price. Or I need to be in a Timeshare that can give me more flexibility to travel to many different destinations. So I believe one of these programs are still the watt to go vs. retail (Expedia)

Maintenance fee increases will offset the time value of money to a full degree and more.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are no timeshares that will allow you to reserve many different locations by simply calling up and making a reservation, or at least not the ones you name. Timesharing is always competitive, and advanced planning and flexibility are the key. A timeshare with more trading power (like a Marriott) will give you far more options than the one you just bought, but in all cases, you are competing with other timeshare owners when you make a reservation. It's never like making a simple hotel reservation.

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They problem with contacting them is that now you have alerted them that you intend to cancel - expect to be contacted soon with strident arguments about why you should not cancel. It's best if you don't contact them again, besides the actual recission. The timeshare people arenot your friends - they are your advisaries, and they want their commission!
What do you mean the problem with calling them? I was not planning on calling the villa group . Was that an option?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon me, I thought you were contacting them to ask for addresses.
Yes. I was asking which address (flamingos where I signed up or the resortcom place) to send the letter to and what should be part of that letter(just my declaration of cancellation or the whole contract package. If I do the whole contract then I won’t have any duplicates. If I have to photocopy that, it’s going to be a lot more work). I was not planning on calling anyone. However I might fax them if that’s an option.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't say "call" I said "contact." If you are contacting them and asking for help, you may be intentionally misled. We've seen it happen before.

Just copy the main page of the contract. Usually the first and possible the 2nd pages. They have a copy as well.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Do not plan on buying Villa Group resale. If I remember correctly the Transfer Fee is several years worth of Maintenance Fees.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send it to both/all of them! And to PROFECO!. There is absolutely no mail service in the world as crummy at Mexican Correo! But if you have to go to email, a Profeco office, or even, God Forbid something called Owner Services (or similar- just NOT the sales office! You should be able to get out of their clutches.

Good Luck!
We're glad you found TUG in time to do something about this mistake.

Welcome!

Jim

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Do not plan on buying Villa Group resale. If I remember correctly the Transfer Fee is several years worth of Maintenance Fees.
I believe you are thinking of Vidanta - which can be 5 x MF or more for contracts since 2006.

I believe the " catch" with Villa Group resales is that newer points contracts revert to a form of a weeks contract - but retain a higher MF.
There are older Villa contracts that are a better resale value ,if you can find one.

@easyrider has given the details in other threads of this kind.

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't say "call" I said "contact." If you are contacting them and asking for help, you may be intentionally misled. We've seen it happen before.

Just copy the main page of the contract. Usually the first and possible the 2nd pages. They have a copy as well.
I’m now a little confused as I assumed the intermediary was the memberservices@villagroup.com or memberservices@resertcom.com. However reading the fine print some more it’s unclear if either of those entities are the “intermediary”. Do you guys know if the two emails I sent to are the same as the circled intermediary in the contract? If not where can I find out what that email is?
F72EB8DF-99A4-4B9F-9B17-4CE2FB6DDA6F.jpeg

ilumo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you are thinking of Vidanta - which can be 5 x MF or more for contracts since 2006.

I believe the " catch" with Villa Group resales is that newer points contracts revert to a form of a weeks contract - but retain a higher MF.
There are older Villa contracts that are a better resale value ,if you can find one.

@easyrider has given the details in other threads of this kind.
Does this mean that if we do want to vacation with villa groups that the best way IS indeed to purchase the point program since the resale is not as good?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that if we do want to vacation with villa groups that the best way IS indeed to purchase the point program since the resale is not as good?
Ive never seen a severe shortage of opportunities to exchange in to VDP......