• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another school shooting today

Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Facts are that our military is the best and has the best trained troops. Has the best equipment. Has the best command structure.

Where can I read those facts????

BobDE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
This is where we differ, i don't believe that a home invasion equals rape and murder/torture.... 99.999% its just some druggy/homeless/Kid that wants to rip some things off of an empty house so they can pawn it for drugs/food/drugs,

Sadly, I am pretty sure that no one can predict what a person on drugs will do, not even themselves. Home invasion has become a common household term where I live. Even my mild mannered FIL had me help him get a shotgun. I also took him out to shoot it until he felt comfortable enough to handle it. He then put extra door locks on all of his doors.

It is sad that our world has gone from never locking anything, to double locking and double checking everything. I think that all drugs should be banned to correct this.

Oh, wait a minute.......

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is sad that our world has gone from never locking anything, to double locking and double checking everything. I think that all drugs should be banned to correct this.

Oh, wait a minute.......

We still don't lock the doors at my house....never needed to, even with all of us out monday-friday from 7am-7pm, we've never had any problems....Negative thoughts bring about negative effects i guess....

Drugs, a whole different story IMO, Only in America do we blame the device instead of the person using it....I've had a few experiences in my life and one was a long stretch(few years) of daily/hourly drug use....I didn't suddenly start ripping peoples faces off anymore then the duck hunter all of a sudden starts shooting up crowds....IMO, if we have a constitutional amendment to allow guns, we should ALSO have a constitutional amendment to allow all citizens to experiment with drugs as they see fit

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Okay, folks, I think this has run its course. It'd be okay to let it run out of its own steam except that we're now introducing items in an effort to politicize the topic as opposed to trying to discuss it sans politics.

Brian, thank you. I really do appreciate your leeway here. At a time when it seems we all needed to talk about it, I'm very grateful that we were allowed this safe haven. We'd be hard pressed to find as civil a forum anywhere else on the web. Brian, you need to confirm this but I think the leeway stemmed from the magnitude of the particular incident and not from any permanent loosening of TUG's normal restrictions on debate of contentious topics. In other words, it's back to normal from here on out. Right? Right. Good.

One last thing - the topic in the other thread is the press coverage and not this incident. Please do not continue this discussion in that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.