• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another Covid19 shortage problem

Reaction score
We constantly hear about automobiles being delayed due to parts delayed. Same with repairs. But, I am dealing with another parts shortage: Peterbilt (tractor-trailer, aka Lorry). Last week, I was going to get into my semi after time off, and when I started it (2018 Peterbilt 579 with 430000-ish miles), the dash lit up like a Christmas Tree. I talked to the company shop, the mechanics looked into it and found out an emissions sensor went bad. So, the company put me in another 2018 Peterbilt 579. The company contacted PACCAR (parent company), the sensor is on a 6-week back-order! Last night, the 2018 I drive now had the same issue, but this time I am in Valdosta GA. When I was talking to the mechanic, another driver had the same exact issue, but his 2018 "Pete" had 500,000 miles. My company shop is worried because 20% of their fleet are 2018 Peterbilts coming close to the 425000-500000 breakdown point with no replacement parts available.

Many non-truckers will wonder about the reliability about dozens of trucks/lorries having a sensor break, but a semi works 200 times harder per day and covers 10 times more miles in a year compared to the measly car/pickup. The problem is a parts shortage is going to cause slow-downs. Unlike you, who can simply borrow or rent a car if your car is out of commission, the costs to rent a replacement semi/lorry is expensive, and that comes out of company profits. And there is no stock at dealers, every truck at factories have been bought by trucking companies.

Will this cause a shortage? No, but when a truck breaks down, that freight will be delayed. Just thought I'd point out there are more shortages than just brand new cars thanks to the Pandemic.

TS

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your Peterbuilt

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for being a trucker and delivering critical supplies to us. God bless truckers.

Reaction score
Right now, my company is in a slow-down, not for the Peterbilt breakdowns, but for supply shortage. Since Florida orange juice is done for the year (California and Florida citrus' harvest season is November - May), we primarily move imported OJ from South America. All OJ comes into either the ports of Miami or Tampa (aka Manatee). Tropical Storm Fred shut down the Port of Manatee, which means ships filled with South American OJ had to wait. But, they're off-loading now, so there should not be a shortage of Tropicana, Indian River Select, Minute Maid, or store-brand citrus juices at your neighborhood store. Florida's Natural uses only Florida citrus, I think they turn it all into frozen concentrate to store for the year, then reconstitute it as needed. Concentrate can be stored for a year, regular juice only a few weeks.

TS

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Maybe they all have timers built into the sensor to shut down...:p

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Florida juice. Thanks for the update.