• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another couple headed to Cabo for the first time end of January

pbrehm124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, it's my first trip to Mexico, and my husband was in Acapulco in 1980. Have always headed to Hawaii, but trying something new this year. I appreciated the good advice given to shellmo, but was hoping I could ask some additional questions. I was contacted by "RCI Transportation" about private transportation service to the hotel but haven't contacted them (RCI US said it was probably RCI Mexico). I saw the post about Danny Boy and he quoted $150 for round trip transportation to the hotel including water and beer (we don't drink THAT much!). Someone else posted $16. What should the transportation cost? If he's that much higher, I would think his touring around to different area's would be spendy as well. Thank you for your help!
Patti

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Danny Boy provides a private car just for your party. The $16 price would be for shared shuttle bus/van that might be stopping at many resorts along the way to let people out.

Where are you staying? The airport is located in San Jose del Cabo and if you're staying at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach, for example, that's a trip that will take about 45 minutes non-stop.

You will have to decide what is important to you--price, comfort, quicker trip, or long bus ride with lots of stops (maybe after a long flight!).

Just wanted to add this: My son recently stayed at Pueblo Bonito Rose and took the shuttle provided by the resort. His transportation was booked with the hotel directly prior to getting down there and the cost was $25. There were no other stops along the way and it was satisfactory, he said.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

rpennisi

Reaction score
Patti, you say you are staying in Cabo, so if your considering a ride you might consider a private Suburban from Cielito Lindo. It was about $60 each way a few years ago. A little more to stop at the stores on the way to the resort.

http://cielitolindotravelagencyllc.com/airport-transportation/

Bill

I used Cielito Lindo 5 years ago, and they were A+.
I am using them again next week. From airport to Playa Grande and from PB Sunset Beach back to the airport is $148.50.
Ron

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Are you staying in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo? Most folks when they say Cabo are referring to Cabo San Lucas. This makes a difference. What Resort? This also makes a difference. Some offer free pickup. When we stay at Royal Solaris in San Jose del Cabo they provide free transportation both ways. Some offer discounted transportation. We have been going to Los Cabos (the area) for over 10 years. We always stay in San Jose del Cabo. We always get a rental car. Drive where we want, when we want. Most of the activities you might sign up for will pick you up at your Resort and deliver you back at the end of the day.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We used Cabo Shuttle Services ( https://www.facebook.com/caboshuttleservices/ ). A private surburban with leather seating that was $133 round-trip including 1/2 hour stop at Wal-mart. Drivers were fun and informative. All the beer and bottled water we could drink both ways.

We had 4 people, so the cost was actually less than a shuttle.

pbrehm124

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses! We are staying at the Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach. We arrive around 1:35. It looks like they charge $14 one way, so that would be $60 for the two of us, but like you said, could be quite a few stops at other hotels. We would like to pick up a few groceries on the way in, too. Danny Boy wants cash up front - is he pretty reliable?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Reliable is kind of subjective. The trip advisor reviews are mostly good for Danny Boy.

I have had problems in Cabo with some of the smaller companies that include broken down cars and forgetting to pick us up. My point is why cheap out on transportation after spending so much to vacation in Cabo. Shuttles mainly stay on the highway instead of using the toll road. Shuttles stop frequently at resorts along the way meaning Sunset Beach is last. Small businesses have problems occasionally because they are small.

Private Suburbans are pretty nice and can stop at the store. The newer Mega grocery store is fairly close to PBSB via cab ride.

We usually rent a car in Cabo at the airport and go where we want.

Bill

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Thanks for all of the responses! We are staying at the Pueblo Bonita Sunset Beach. We arrive around 1:35. It looks like they charge $14 one way, so that would be $60 for the two of us, but like you said, could be quite a few stops at other hotels. We would like to pick up a few groceries on the way in, too. Danny Boy wants cash up front - is he pretty reliable?
When we used Danny Boy we paid in cash for one-way when we got to the resort, and we paid for the return trip to the airport in cash when we got to the airport. He was very reliable. We've also used Cielito Lindo with great results and would not hesitate to use either of them.

I believe if you purchase your shuttle transportation directly through Pueblo Bonito, their shuttles go only to the Pueblo Bonito properties so you wouldn't be subject to stopping at other resorts like you would with the regular shuttle service from the airport. You can make your reservations online with a credit card at least 24 hours before you arrive at their website here.

If you do decide to go with Danny Boy or Cielito Lindo and do a stop at a grocery store on the way in, be aware that you won't have an oven--just a microwave, cooktop, and a pretty good sized refrigerator/freezer. So don't buy stuff that needs to be cooked in a regular oven.