• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Xfinity Price Negotiation

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We have Xfinity cable, internet, and voice service. Each year the monthly price jumps up by a significant amount. Each year we have to call and threaten to cancel if they don't give us a better deal. Each year they give us a special rate that expires in one year. This year when they gave us the new package price, they broke 3 of the features for the voice line. After much time on the chat lines, 2 of the problems are fixed, and they're still working on the 3rd.

Anyone else tired of the annual renegotiation?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Takes a least 2 phone calls (threat sessions) and about 3+ hours of lost time. Or should I look at it as keeping $600-900 of my money out of the Comcast skyscraper in PHL?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Same here. Takes a least 2 phone calls (threat sessions) and about 3+ hours of lost time. Or should I look at it as keeping $600-900 of my money out of the Comcast skyscraper in PHL?

I about lost it at the Xfinity store today. I called and could not get out of their automated voice system. My moms cable box broke and she tried for 2 hours to get a human on the phone on Friday and I tried for an hour today to get a location of where the store was at in her city. I'm so done with this company.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Anyone else tired of the annual renegotiation?
I did the negotiation and came out with a 2-year fixed contract price. That price was much lower than where I was with the previous annual pricing structure.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Just did this with Direct TV, and they agreed to keep us at our prior special price for another year. But then I said we wanted to add a mini receiver for another TV on our whole house service. Nope, if we add any equipment, they will lock us into a 2 year contract, and only guarantee the first year monthly price.

Bye, bye, back to Cox who offered an even better price (for a year) so 12 months 'til the next renegotiation/switch.

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you living in big cities, you should try cutting the cord. Get a good antenna and you should be able to get at least 20 or so DIGITAL channels.
If you like recording things to view later, there are some DVRs out there that let you record over the air content.
Call all your internet providers (the phone company and the cable company, as well as some cell phone companies) and find an internet provider that you
can live with.
I did this over 3 years ago, and I am very pleased with the results. I have easily saved over $600 a year, plus countless hours doing the haggling dance.
With internet providers like cable companies (cox, comcast) or the land phone company (verizon) you can buy your own modem, and so you will not have pesky "equipment" fees to pay every month.
Also, I find negotiating lower internet access fees much, much easier as well.

:cheer::cheer:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
For those of you living in big cities, you should try cutting the cord. Get a good antenna and you should be able to get at least 20 or so DIGITAL channels.
If you like recording things to view later, there are some DVRs out there that let you record over the air content.
Call all your internet providers (the phone company and the cable company, as well as some cell phone companies) and find an internet provider that you
can live with.
I did this over 3 years ago, and I am very pleased with the results. I have easily saved over $600 a year, plus countless hours doing the haggling dance.
With internet providers like cable companies (cox, comcast) or the land phone company (verizon) you can buy your own modem, and so you will not have pesky "equipment" fees to pay every month.
Also, I find negotiating lower internet access fees much, much easier as well.

:cheer::cheer:
You can get 125 channels without dvr/whole home service and internet etc from most providers for under $60. Its all those add-ons that get you

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
So the 3rd problem I reported had to do with sending text messages using my Xfinity voice line. I couldn't access the text messages with the Xfinity Android app or on Xfinity's web page. They couldn't fix it, but they gave me a expedited ticket # and said they'd have it fixed in 24-72 hours. Eight days later I called for the status, and the level 1 techs (for lack of a more accurate title) spent an hour with me doing the same tests all over again, and decided they couldn't fix it either. They gave me a new expedited ticket # and again said they'd have it fixed in 24-72 hours. Still broken 4 days later I called again. They saw I had 2 tickets open, and actually forwarded me to a level 2 tech who was able to fix the problem with the Android app. :whooopie: Then they forwarded me to their level 2 tech for texting on the web page. He said the problem on the web page is system wide and they're still working on it. :wall: I'm sure glad I'm retired and have the time to pester people until they get the job done properly.