• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Owners a meeting September 2nd - Clearwater

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
thank you - I just searched and found it at the very bottom of an email that up until that point has not real content. I skimmed and did not read. I'm not sure I agree with their published reasoning. I can book a 2 night stay starting tonight - how is that going to allow them to "effectively plan" for my arrival. Yet, I can't book a 1N stay starting tomorrow night. Why don't they just come out and say that cleaning costs too much for a 1 night stay.
Stay awhile. With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, our cleaning teams need a little extra time to ensure we’re ready for you. Effective Sept. 3, 2020, we’ll suspend one-night bookings so our teams are able to effectively plan for arriving owners and ensure we can efficiently and safely get their vacations off to a great start.

You’re assuming it’s cost. No where did anyone say anything about costs. Did you see the social media complaints about the cleanliness of the rooms? Pre-COVID, I saw the occasional complaint about cleanliness. Usually it was at a non-Wyndham resort where Wyndham has no control over housekeeping. Or it’s a stupid complaint like a wrinkled bed skirt. Very rarely was it a valid complaint that Wyndham was at fault for. So obviously, cost wasn’t an issue pre-Covid. Eliminating one night stays means the same unit gets turned over less. These extra procedures add to the time it takes to turn over the unit. They needed extra time to make sure it gets done right the first time. Less units to turn over gives them that extra time.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used the one night often for Midtown where the round trip senior train fare after 8:20 AM was $45 for the two of us.

The mid-week points for a hotel room is 33,000, which is usually enough time for us, so we wouldn't want to book two nights and not use them.

Currently we wouldn't be going anyway with nothing available for us to do.

Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the one night reservations often when we are traveling across the country. If there is a Wyndham in the area we stay there since I’ve already paid for it.
This change really is not cool. One of Wyndham selling points has always been 1-14 nite stays can be booked. Now they can just change the rules cause that’s what makes them more money. Unbelievable the website sucks and no more one night reservations. What was the owner out cry when that was presented? Wyndham picked a good year to do as less people at the meeting because of Covid. Public/Owners outcry must to heard. Like my sis who was a journalist used to say THERE WILL BE A LETTER TO THE TIMES ABOUT THIS. Lol

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
We used the one night often for Midtown where the round trip senior train fare after 8:20 AM was $45 for the two of us.

The mid-week points for a hotel is 33,000, which is usually enough time for us, so we wouldn't want to book two nights and not use them.

Currently we wouldn't be going anyway with nothing available for use to do.
We also would do this. I work(ed) in Manhattan. My wife would come in. Dinner & a show midweek without a really late night with work the next day. Stay in the city, have breakfast together. I go to work; she goes to meet up with friends for something or back home mid/late morning. Won't be doing anything like this for a while though.

Hopefully they bring the 1-night stays back at some point in the future but I have a feeling a lot of these cleaning procedures & protocols will be with us for at least a couple years.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was announced via email on August 20th. Two weeks before it took effect.

For comparison, WorldMark owners got a very similar Email on 8/20 announcing the same
change plus another, uh, service outage:

"Stay awhile. With enhanced health and safety protocols in place, our cleaning teams need a little extra time to ensure we’re ready for you. Effective Sept. 3, 2020, we’ll suspend one-night bookings so our teams are able to effectively plan for arriving owners and ensure we can efficiently and safely get their vacations off to a great start.

Until next time. Effective Aug, 29, 2020, we are aligning checkout times across all WorldMark by Wyndham resorts to 10 a.m. This is another measure to provide our housekeeping teams more time to fully implement our enhanced cleaning protocols and follow our mandatory social distancing measures while servicing suites."

(WM owners and guests have long enjoyed a 12noon checkout time.)

I sure hope neither of these changes are permanent in either WM or Wyndham.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s because it reduces the number of units they have to turn over. If they have less units to turn over, they can spend more time cleaning. With the new COVID procedures, it takes longer to turn over a unit. I always wondered why they allowed one night stays when it takes them longer to clean a condo then Hotel room. If I had to add an extra night, I’d find a hotel because the maintenance fees on two nights would likely cost more then one night in a hotel room. So I doubt taking away one night stays would make owners use more points. In fact, I suspect it would do the opposite. If people cannot book one night stays, why bother using the points when a hotel room will do for just one night.

Every time I have done a 1-night stay I have wondered why they allow it. While it gave me a nominal savings that night, I couldn't help but think of all the extra work/costs expended by the resort, which ultimately is passed down to me as an owner.

If a resort has 50 units that turn over each day, it requires a certain amount of laundry, housekeeping labor, supplies, front desk labor(check-in/out, and I'm sure other items I'm not thinking of. Also wear/tear of the unit as people move in and out.

Now think of what needs to be expended if that turnover is cut in half with only 25 units per day. That is a HUGE difference. (those may be real numbers at BC, and much lower at a smaller resort, but the math is the same)

I love time-sharing for the rooms (extra space/kitchens) but also the relaxed atmosphere of most resorts, and the type of clientele we encounter in the parking lot, the lobby, and at the pool. I find guests who are staying longer periods are generally more respectful of others and of the resort itself.

My experience has been 1-night rentals have a higher incidence of 'parties', late night noisy check-ins, and noisy early morning check outs.

I don't want to stay in a 'hotel', I want to stay in a 'timeshare'. So if the 1 night availability never comes back, I won't cry!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Every time I have done a 1-night stay I have wondered why they allow it. While it gave me a nominal savings that night, I couldn't help but think of all the extra work/costs expended by the resort, which ultimately is passed down to me as an owner.

I've got to figure that the reason they were allowing it before was that the cost of turning over a room for one night was less than the value of the points and housekeeping fees. No doubt they lost a bit if it was for a VIPP with the inside 15 days limitation since it wound up being a 50% discount plus potential upgrades, but before COVID the effort required to turn over a bigger unit that would otherwise have been empty would no doubt have been less when it was occupied by that type of person, presumably older and possibly less likely to be booking it for an overnight party. With COVID effecting the effort necessary for a deep clean even if it doesn't look like anyone has used the kitchen, bathrooms or some of the bedrooms, I would expect that the cost of turning over a room is much higher.

I would also expect that once the economics of the situation turn around and the costs justify it, they'll return to booking single nights. I'd have serious doubts about their business judgement if they don't.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

If a resort has 50 units that turn over each day, it requires a certain amount of laundry, housekeeping labor, supplies, front desk labor(check-in/out, and I'm sure other items I'm not thinking of. Also wear/tear of the unit as people move in and out.

Now think of what needs to be expended if that turnover is cut in half with only 25 units per day. That is a HUGE difference. (those may be real numbers at BC, and much lower at a smaller resort, but the math is the same)

I love time-sharing for the rooms (extra space/kitchens) but also the relaxed atmosphere of most resorts, and the type of clientele we encounter in the parking lot, the lobby, and at the pool. I find guests who are staying longer periods are generally more respectful of others and of the resort itself.

My experience has been 1-night rentals have a higher incidence of 'parties', late night noisy check-ins, and noisy early morning check outs.

I don't want to stay in a 'hotel', I want to stay in a 'timeshare'. So if the 1 night availability never comes back, I won't cry!
I can't imagine many people rent a 1 night reservation. I can count on one hand one night rentals in the 7+ years I've been doing this. Unless I was adding 1 night to an existing rental (in which case the argument for extra time to clean is not valid). As owners, yes, we use the benefit. It was also helpful adding on during emergency situations - for example in January when my brother was in Orlando, snow storm in Nebraska and couldn't get back for 3 days. Added on 1 night at a time as flights were rebooked, and yes there was availability at Bonnet Creek in January.

When I've stayed 1 night, we hardly used the room and I figure it's easier to clean.

I sure hope they come back, I do consider it a VIP benefit since the housekeeping is free and we are the most likely to use it.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I often wondered how they could justify the one night rental because of the cleaning cost.

On vrbo and other condo rental sites, the cleaning fee for a 1-bed unit is usually over $100 per stay. It's likely that an excessive amount of short stays would distort the mf.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I was looking at the Shell owners website last night, and they too no longer allow single nights to be booked.

I wish DVC would do something similar. Many owners (and renters) seem to take great delight in their split stays, including one night here, one night there, so they can experience more of the DVC resorts. Then when the next year’s dues assessments come out, they complain that Housekeeping costs too much!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have been looking for it as well. They did say "in the coming weeks". That could be three weeks from now. Not sure why it would take them that long though.
Weird, huh? For a short time following the meeting it was available.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Weird, huh? For a short time following the meeting it was available.
Next week is what I am being told. I am interested to see what editing they do.

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything further about the “new vip” webinar as well?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham mentioned at the webinar they are planning a new vip webinar for late september

Any one hear any news about that webinar

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks
That is exactly what I was looking for

Fingers crossed the content is there

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Next week is what I am being told. I am interested to see what editing they do.

Looks like they have finally posted the video, as a highlight/recap reel plus three
"entirety" segments. EDIT - looks like a posting glitch is fixed now.

https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/owner-guide/resources/annual-owners-meeting

Here are the three vimeos (currently) pointed to by the "entirety" segments:

If anyone who attended live notices any interesting editing going on, please post!

Last edited:

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
It was interesting to view the Wyndham annual owners meeting. It would be great if others (Hilton, Marriott, etc.) would make their virtual meetings available. Thanks for providing this one.