• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Announcing A New Advance Check-In Process

bryjake

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access, Midtown 45
Opinion:
I suspect there could be other motives at play here. I do see this helping guests check in. I also see this as sort of form of sifting and targeting guest for “updates” or “presentations”. They will have your data and use it filter and rank “presentation” targets. In conclusion, this is a smart way to use resources. There also could be something else motivating this as well. I bit of A and bit of B.

Link to CW that has additional FAQ
Club Wyndham Announcing New Advanced Check In

Announcing A New Advance Check-In Process​

A new advance check-in process is now available for your Club Wyndham vacations, giving you the option to fill out the check-in form in advance online.
Prior to your check-in date, you’ll receive a text message with a link to an online check-in form. This will allow you to quickly and easily provide information in advance and streamline the check-in process when you arrive.
This new, expedited process will ensure you spend minimal time at the front desk and have maximum time to enjoy your vacation.

Here’s How It Works​

1. Seven days prior to your vacation’s arrival date, you’ll receive a text message with a link to the advance check-in form.
  2. You can fill out the advance check-in form from your mobile device at your leisure, making sure to provide all requested information, including vehicle details and any additional guest names.
  3. Once you submit the form online, the information is sent directly to your resort’s front desk, so they’ll have it all in their system when you arrive.

Other Good Stuff To Know​

Your Cell Phone Number: You will only receive a text message with a link to the advance check-in form if your Club Wyndham account profile is up to date with your cell phone number. If your account profile only includes a landline telephone, the text message will be undeliverable. Please verify your account profile has your current cell phone listed to take advantage of the advance check-in option.
Link To The Advance Check-In Form: Please note that the link contained within the text message you’ll receive will say trustyou.com, not clubwyndham.com. There are other identifiers in the text message to indicate that the message is from Club Wyndham, and the trustyou.com link is a safe and secure domain.
Timeframe For Submitting The Online Form: The text message with the link to the advance check-in form will be sent seven days prior to your arrival date. If you choose not to submit the form online, the link will expire 24 hours prior to your arrival. You’ll still be able to fill out the check-in form in person when you arrive at the resort.
Additional Guests: It is important to provide the names and information about all guests occupying the suite however, please remember that only the primary guest listed on the reservation may check in at the front desk.
Special Requests: All special requests entered into the advance check-in form are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.

Club Wyndham Announcing New Advanced Check In

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
This seems similar to the PDF that you used to be able to fill out in advance (which they did away with when they went to paperless check in). I'm all for anything to speed up the check in process.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll do this as soon as they switch to complete mobile check-in where you can unlock the unit with an app. (You know, like every hotel chain).

But since that would allow marks past the body snatcher desk they'll never do that.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The last thing they are getting is my cell phone number.

I already receive text checkin notifications about a week in advance for almost every resort reservation that we make. It's by far the most convenient way to interact with the resort staff IME. I literally used the text service 10-20 times when we were at MVC PR last week. I don't have to pick up a phone or walk down to the lobby and speak with anyone. It appears they are simply expanding the existing advance text checkin process to capture additional details along this line - I'm fine with it. I've been using this all during the pandemic and it has been more convenient than anything else Wyndham has come up with. Arriving early? Text them and let them know - on two occasions we were arriving before 2:00 PM (prior to early check-in) and we let them know ahead of time via text - both times our room was ready when we arrived despite early arrival - and both times the resort staff actually told us our room would not have been ready had we not let them know ahead of time via the text service. Sure you can call - but that takes more time and often requires waiting on hold in comparison - no thanks. As to whether this would result in Wyndham using my cellphone for other purposes - it doesn't really matter to me - because I only allow calls to come through from existing contact numbers - no other numbers will even ring through - at best I'll get a voicemail after the fact - and I've never had Wyndham leave me a voicemail on my cellphone for sales purposes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We haven't had a land line for some time now so they already had our cellphone numbers on our account even before the multi-factor sign in.

We travel a lot with our Wyndham points and the RCI points we get from the non-Wyndham resorts we own. I'm happy to reply to the texts or emails I get from the resorts requesting information to expedite the check in process. I also advise the resort if we'll be arriving early/late or to request a view/building.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Wyndham has had my cell phone for the 12 years I have been a owner. So far I have never had them call my cell phone. When I am at a Wyndham resort they welcome me by text and let me know that if I need any thing to text them. And I do. Whatever I request is delivered promptly and they confirm I got it by text. They remind me by text the day before I am supposed to check out. I let them know by text when I do check out. And the wish me save travels by text. That is the total extent of Wyndham’s use of my cell phone for communications.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wyndham has had my cell phone for the 12 years I have been a owner. So far I have never had them call my cell phone. When I am at a Wyndham resort they welcome me by text and let me know that if I need any thing to text them. And I do. Whatever I request is delivered promptly and they confirm I got it by text. They remind me by text the day before I am supposed to check out. I let them know by text when I do check out. And the wish me save travels by text. That is the total extent of Wyndham’s use of my cell phone for communications.

Exactly. It’s really convenient for typical requests like more TP, towels, more shampoo, soap, reporting any room issues, checkin/checkout reminders, and the list goes on….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbroner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Great Smokey Mtn.
Wyndham Grand Dessert
Wyndham Club Access
Hilton 2br Platinum Sea World
Hilton 2br Grande Gold Elara
Not sure how many years now that Wyndham has had my cell phone number. Never a sales call yet. Have received the pre-arrival texts and current in house text options as other users have mentioned, and has been nothing but a plus for me !!

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Several of the resorts I frequent have been doing this for years. Smoky Mountain, Glade and Sapphire come to mind. I don't see this as something new. I even use this as an opportunity to make special requests for room placement.

troy12n

Reaction score
This doesn't seem much different than what they have been doing at some resorts for a very long time. They have always had my cell phone, and I usually get texts in advance asking about vehicle info, other guests, etc.

Pretty standard and does save time. Not sure it has ever actually helped me not get an "update" invite

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
One potential downside of the resort having more contact info: