• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ANNOUNCEMENT: We have a new COVID-19 Forum

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Aloha - Please start posting your C-19 related posts here: COVID-19 FORUM

The new forum is for all C-19 posts - not just Hawaii.

This topic has a tendency to hijack topics in other forums, so we are going to try having a separate forum. This doesn't mean you can act like an Okole in the new forum - we are just trying to streamline things. This way, people who don't want to read the C-19 posts, can avoid them entirely.

***For awhile, as people adjust, I will move C-19 posts to the new forum as needed, but eventually, they may be deleted, so please make the change.

***If you want to ID your post as being C-19/Hawaii related, just put Hawaii in the title.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Denise, we will try to play nice here!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Hallelujah.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Ya right
I give it a day :wall:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It will be just like any other forum: Inappropriate posts can be deleted, moved, etc. At least this way, it's not infiltrating every other forum on TUG. Lots of people don't want to read these post!

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

This topic has a tendency to hijack topics in other forums, so we are going to try having a separate forum. This doesn't mean you can act like an Okole in the new forum - we are just trying to streamline things. This way, people who don't want to read the C-19 posts, can avoid them entirely.

***For awhile, as people adjust, I will move C-19 posts to the new forum as needed, but eventually, they may be deleted, so please make the change.

***If you want to ID your post as being C-19/Hawaii related, just put Hawaii in the title.
I nominate Denise for Mod of the Year! ;)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

So can I have clarification? If someone posts a comment to C-19 anywhere but the new forum it will get deleted so it cannot hijack a thread outside of Covid 19 Forum. Hope this is true as it is a reason I have been not visiting TUG as often.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Panina - When possible, I will move posts to the C-19 forum. If it's not possible, or the post is inappropriate, I will delete it. But one way or another, it will get gone. Please use the Report button to notify us about those posts - we don't see every post.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Denise, I need to ask why this forum relates only to Hawaii travel as there are restrictions for some states as well international locations. Maybe a definition of the forum rules relating specifically to Covid-19 and Hawaii would be more appropriate. As Hawaii-only, the forum tends to get controversial very quickly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are asking about the new C-19 forum, it's for all C-19 posts, not just Hawaii. It is a sub-forum of the TUG Lounge.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck, the TUG Truce has ended. LOL. Can we have a TUG Truce until 1/2/2021 ????.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is how I see it: If you had 20 piles of poop to clean up in your yard, would you rather have them all in one pile, or in 20 piles?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The link is in the stickies if you ever need it. On the main menu, it's a subforum of the TUG Lounge.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Hi Denise.

Great idea. Thanks so much.

Cheers

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Seems you need a sub-forum for C-19 related and a separate sub-forum for discussion about the creation and use of the C-19 sub-forum.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This thread is for questions and discussions - I expected people to have questions.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Certainly the mere mention of COVID isn't a requirement to have it moved? I saw a post in Wyndham mentioning that the marketing staff was saying the person needed to go to an owners update to learn all about what the company was doing for COVID. I suspect that could stay in the Wyndham forum?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not the moderator of that forum, but I would leave it there if it were me, because the discussion is about sales presentations - not C-19.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My suggestion: If you don't want your non-COVID post to be moved to the COVID Forum, then avoid mentioning it, even in passing.

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Most COVID Threads remind me of the Monty Python Argument Sketch.

2276E44B-7D57-4395-B18C-87839A07AC6E.gif

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Given how the COVID threads tended to run amok quickly, this move makes total sense...although it does make searching for Hawaii-specific pre-arrival testing/quarantine news somewhat more cumbersome since the Hawaii specific threads will get commingled with all the non-Hawaii-specific COVID discourse. This forum was a convenient "on-stop-shop" for that kind of info for those of us who travel to Hawaii often. Now we will have to dig more to find the info buried in the single site-wide thread. Any suggestions on how best to adjust to the change and still easily find the information? The search function is an obvious option, but searching accuracy often depends so much on how good a job we do at picking the right search words...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I recommend putting the word "Hawaii" in your COVID-19 post title. I will try to add it to titles as needed.
Also - The thread for "Factual Hawaii Travel Info Only," is still intact, in the C-19 forum.