• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Android phone/ unknown text messages

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Seem to be getting unknown texts messages and assume it's a scammer. Have blocked the number yet it still comes through. It looks like a long message not a short text. It's the big gray box. Anyways I called my carrier Tmobile..they said to just block and delete. Anybody else seeing this ? It's an area code 613. Thx.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I have seen/received a couple of texts over the last month from numbers I do not recognize saying a shipment I ordered is ready for pickup. The body of the text has a clickable link.

As Tmobile suggests, I delete the text after blocking those numbers. If I recall correctly, the area codes were different than 613 but the body of the texts were quite similar.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Area code 613 is the Ottawa, Canada area, our national capital region. We often get scam messages using that area code, especially if they are purporting to be calling from the CRA (our equivalent of the IRS) trying to warn you of your "imminent arrest" for "tax arrears". We also get them from US area codes claiming to be calling from the IRS, which is pretty funny, being as we are in Canada.

Follow the advice given and do not open the text. Delete the conversation and block the number if you can. I find these types of calls seem to come in waves and then all goes quiet again for awhile.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you !! I've been
Diligent... just one this morning...and I'm certainly on the alert. Ivr even gotten them from RCI about a search, amazon orders, have to be on my toes.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen/received a couple of texts over the last month from numbers I do not recognize saying a shipment I ordered is ready for pickup. The body of the text has a clickable link.

As Tmobile suggests, I delete the text after blocking those numbers. If I recall correctly, the area codes were different than 613 but the body of the texts were quite similar.
I have received similar messages from Amazon that I have a $50 dollars gift certificate for my recent purchase. Guess what I do not order anything on line.