• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

And the winner is...AKV (knock on wood)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got back a signed contract this morning and now we wait for ROFR.

It took me a little while to accept that while we've loved being able to walk to EPCOT and HS from BCV there just is no EPCOT/HS resort I'm willing to *own* at this point. BWV and our beloved BCV expire Jan 2042 and Riviera has resale restrictions, high dues, and expensive point charts.

And it took me a little longer to realize that for the foreseeable future we will likely be travelling with kids' friends and then significant others and that having that 'extra' bathroom means we get our own. Priceless...and more or less a requirement for now. So the idea of standing pat and paying 'cash' to rent points at BCV or BWV isn't really practical - we'll only want to do that for WDW visits with less than a full crew.

Lastly , AKV is *fun* (or at least more fun than SSR or OKW) and gives us easy access to AK and reasonable access to HS. And we enjoy split stays so BLT for MK and EPCOT and AKV (Kidani) for AK and HS makes sense for us. At least that's the plan...we'll see how it goes... ;-)

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
we love AKV and have never regretted buying points there. We swap into other resorts (just for a change) about 50% of the time and stay at AKV as our resort preference the other 50%. I know I'm on vacation when I pull up to AKV. We spend a lot of time at the resort. And the extra bathroom--great bonus with kids/teens. Enjoy!

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Congratulations! AKL is my second favorite resort after our home BWV, and if we were in the market for more points/a second home, it would be high on the list. That extra full bath in the 1 and 2 bedrooms is priceless!

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
AKL is one of the beast themed resorts. I own there as well. There is a van service from Kidani to Jambo and back so you can eat at the restaurants there. That said, Sanaa is great as well. If you are driving, at Kadani you can park in a garage under the rooms which is really nice since the car is not 200 degrees like it usually is in the Florida sun.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
AKL is one of the beast themed resorts. I own there as well....
Update: passed ROFR and now we wait for the current owner to take their WDW vacation so we can close. Kidani and its 'extra' bathroom for the foreseeable future, Jambo and/or other resorts after that.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
How much per point and did the contract have points in it, and did you have to reimburse those fees?

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
We loved our no park stay at Kidani in a savannah view 1BR. Congrats!

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Please post the sale info on ROFR.net. Those of us that are tracking it to see what we should offer would be grateful to you.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Ijmiii, I have to say that of all the Disney resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge has my heart. On my birthday I insist on eating dinner at the lodge, then spending time just walking around it to watch the baby giraffe tear around the grounds because it's nearly feeding time and the leaf bundle has sweet potato slices hidden in the center.

I also love Saratoga Springs and the pool near one of the back buildings (is that Paddock?) that stays open till midnight and allows incredibly sweaty humans to take a swim before bed after marching all over the parks in August heat.

The other one that is so dear to me is Wilderness Lodge. I wrote part of my thesis in the lodge upper story tables (great wireless) while we were staying in our camper at the best campground on the planet, Ft Wilderness. I love the boats and sometimes something sounds like that whistle and I can't help but think of that summer where I spent hours there working while my spouse ran the girls around the parks with his parents.