• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anantara Vacation Club - How do i get out?

Geezee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anantara Vacation Club
Hi All,

Just been really frustrated recently with having a new family, new bubs on the way.

Just really want out. Because we havent been able to travel to Thailand, which means we can't use the points to book hotels in Thailand.

And points expire too at a certain date.

Any one had similar experience that have owned an Anantara Vacation Club? How do I get out?

I'm actually not based in Thailand, and wonder whats the best way to get out? Stop paying? Sell?

Thanks
Geezee

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Welcome to TUG.

1) Check Redweek and TUG for listing to see if the points have any value to sell. You can sell yourself but you will need to be the lowest priced to sell quickly.

2) I am not familiar with Anantara but I believe they are based in Asia. If selling doesn't work or worthless, Have you contacted them about deeding back your ownership? check responsibleexit.com to see if they are listed. But contact them as well. Admin not sales, beware sales might try to sell you more points. Don't fall for it.

3) Do you live in the USA? If Anantara doesn't have an office in your country they cannot report onto your US or Canadian credit report. So you may be able to walk with no impact on your credit report. Several people with Mexican timeshare points have found this to be the case. You should hire a knowledgeable lawyer for an hour on your approach before pursuing. Worst case you may not be able to visit Thailand again.

Don't pay any money upfront to a lawyer or any firm to get you out of this. Lots of scams out there.

We are not lawyers here so YMMV. Good luck!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi All,
........Any one had similar experience that have owned an Anantara Vacation Club? How do I get out?

I'm actually not based in Thailand, and wonder whats the best way to get out?
Stop paying? Sell?
Thanks
Geezee

I am not familiar with Anantara VC

where is it based ?
where is your home location ?
Is there a loan ?
what are the annual fees & how is payment made ?

1)- Selling is unlikely
2) Stop paying -

The impact on you by utilizing option # 2 will depend on some of the above details.
while I was typing @CalGalTraveler also posted with good general information.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
whats the best way to get out? Stop paying? Sell?

If it's just a vacation club then stopping paying is usually the best way. It is possible though that if you choose this option, you will face a barrage of collection calls and letters.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
The resorts are pretty amazing though. I was looking to stay there In chiang mai but went with na nirand which was also amazing

Geezee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anantara Vacation Club
Yeah i just dont want to receive those barrage of calls/letters or even chance or have legal issues...? I'm also aware it can cause credit ratings to drop..

It is definitely a pretty alright membership i would say, but we havent had the chance to use it at all with a new bubs on its way.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might get some 'If you don't pay, you can't use' kind of letters, but they won't have any effect on your credit, and I'd make a small side wager that if, at some time in the future, when your financial feet are under you, they will welcome you back and let bygones be bygone.

Jim

ETA: Around here we are TIMESHARE users and as such, vacation clubs are not well thought of. Nothing against this outfit, but those are our prejudices. That said, there ARE real timeshare resorts in Thailand.

mkaz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an Anantara member. They are based in Thailand and I believe the company was founded by an American owner who apparently lives over there. Their properties are very good and we are happy with our purchase. The properties remind me of the boutique properties of Club Intrawest (RIP). I believe they are loosely associated with the Minor hotel group. When we joined, they did not require our Social Security numbers, so there's no way they can report you to the credit bureaus, I believe, if you stop paying. This is just my opinion and not legal advice. Good luck.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Minor Group owns the Anantara Vacation Club. Minor International was founded by William (Bill) Heinecke who is an American with Thai citizenship.

My advice would be to walk away.

My wife and I attended a sales presentation at the Anantara Phuket in 2018 killing time during monson rains at the Marriott Phuket Beach Club. They wanted $75K for access to one annual week at their properties. Now that's crazy!! FYI our presentation gift was 2 person day trip to Phi Phi Island. Not worth the 2 hour hard sale but it was pouring down rain so we had time to waste.

Last edited: