• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anantara Returns?

WhatTheDogSaid

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Boulevard Las Vegas
HGVC Elara
At a sales preso at the Kings Land property today, we were told the HGVC cooperation with the Anantara resorts in Asia is starting up again. I hope it’s true. The two Thai resorts we visited were fantastic

Did I miss a memo about this?

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.

WhatTheDogSaid

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Boulevard Las Vegas
HGVC Elara
Thank you for the quick reply. The Bali property was getting added back to the flip book so I had the impression it was directly available through HGVC like the Japanese properties. Either way, i’d love to go back.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
But that doesn't look back to the exchange with HGVC.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It says "Registry Collection" I am not sure if HGVC gets access to that. If so, then RCI would be good because the points are fixed. I seem to recall when Anantara was associated with HGVC the points values were reasonable the first year but then skyrocketed the following year.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The Registry Collection is only available to Elite Premier (24K+ qualifying annual points) owners. So yes, some HGVC members will again technically get access to Anantara properties.

Kurt

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The Registry Collection is only available to Elite Premier (24K+ qualifying annual points) owners. So yes, some HGVC members will again technically get access to Anantara properties.

Kurt

Thanks. I presume it's a lot cheaper to rent from Expedia than become a 24k+ elite member. This would be a once in a lifetime bucket list item for us so renting would be fine. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to trade within an RCI last call or other getaway window because the resorts look fantastic.

Last edited:

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club

Kurt

Elite Premier is 34k points. And only that level gets access to Registry Collection. Elite Plus is 24k. Regular Elite is 14k.

Sean

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Elite Premier is 34k points. And only that level gets access to Registry Collection. Elite Plus is 24k. Regular Elite is 14k.

Sean

Somehow "Regular Elite" just does not sound very special....

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Does Registry Collection inventory become available as last calls or with shorter windows in RCI? I seem to recall that HGVC Elite gets early access but it becomes available 6(?) months prior, or am I confusing this with another program?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Does Registry Collection inventory become available as last calls or with shorter windows in RCI? I seem to recall that HGVC Elite gets early access but it becomes available 6(?) months prior, or am I confusing this with another program?
I believe you are referring to the RCI Select Exchange, where Elite members (all levels) get access to a set of resorts at 12 months out; 6 months out for regular members. I couldn't find anything about that extra lead time when browsing through the web site, but I found this link in March 2019 Club Traveler newsletter email:

https://club.hiltongrandvacations.c...to-distinct-resorts-with-rcis-select-exchange

Kurt