• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amway Center - Parking and Pub Recommendations

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to the Springsteen concert at Amway Center this weekend.

Our plan is to arrive early and go to a pub. Any recommendations as to what time to arrive and any suggestions for nearby pubs. Any preferred parking lots as well?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Church Street area. Lots of pubs, parking too. Enjoy the concert!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
I live in Orlando there are two easy places to park:
1. Geico Garage - Connects directly to Amway
2. City Commons - a 2-3 block walk
3. West side of stadium there are lots

Uber is super cheap in Orlando so might want to consider that. With regards to pubs there are a ton within a short walk. I will be there as well. Going to be an amazing show.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

I'm looking forward to the concert. I have seen Springsteen many times in NJ. It's always been a challenge to get tickets through Ticketmaster but was easier in Florida this time around. I had no luck getting tickets for the metro NYC shows.

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thanks for the responses.

I'm looking forward to the concert. I have seen Springsteen many times in NJ. It's always been a challenge to get tickets through Ticketmaster but was easier in Florida this time around. I had no luck getting tickets for the metro NYC shows.
Please post about the concert! I have tickets to see him in NJ in April.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Bruce is only 73 years old, which makes him a
mere youngster in the Geezer-Rock category.

A few other notables in this category:
Stevie Nicks - 74
Elton John - 75
Cher - 76
Mick Jagger - 79
Paul McCartney - 80
Paul Simon - 81
Bob Dylan - 81
Ringo Starr - 82
Smokey Robinson - 82

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
Please post about the concert! I have tickets to see him in NJ in April.
I worked the event as a bartender but, the sound was amazing. I watched them do sound check from behind the stage (it was open) the band was on point. We expected a 3.5 hour show and it was a mere (haha) 3 hours. I did not hear Land of Hope and Dreams my favorite but, that might have been because I had some work to do. He was great

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a great concert but it was short by Springsteen standards. The show was 2:45 minutes and over by 10:30. The song selection was good The sound was good. Lots of energy. Sort of reminded me of 1978 concerts when he was playing songs from Born to Run and Darkness. He added the 78 Prove It All intro instrumental but did it at the end of the song. The sets haven’t changed much during the first 3 shows. It will change by the time he gets to NJ. I’ll predict now that the Jersey show will be longer. Lol. Last time in NJ, he played for 4 hours. There were a lot of Jersey folks in Orlando. Every time he mentioned Jersey, the crowd responded. He will be back to NJ this summer for outdoor shows too. I’ll be there.

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Ah the '78 Darkness Tour. Saw him 2 nights at the Capital and one at the Garden. Still my favorite tour.
Hubby and I were at all 3 nights at MetLife on the last tour. To hear NYC Serenade, Lost in the Flood, Incident right into Rosalita (as it should be played) and Kitty's Back! And Jersey Girl with fireworks to close! Pure magic! Each night was better than the one before. Took our adult sons to the middle one. LOL now they understand why Mom and Dad are spending their inheritance on Springsteen tickets!

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah the '78 Darkness Tour. Saw him 2 nights at the Capital and one at the Garden. Still my favorite tour.
Hubby and I were at all 3 nights at MetLife on the last tour. To hear NYC Serenade, Lost in the Flood, Incident right into Rosalita (as it should be played) and Kitty's Back! And Jersey Girl with fireworks to close! Pure magic! Each night was better than the one before. Took our adult sons to the middle one. LOL now they understand why Mom and Dad are spending their inheritance on Springsteen tickets!

If you don't have it already, Bruce has remastered some concerts and released them online. Two of the Capitol shows were released. I have been listening to the Sept 19th show for over 40 years. It was broadcast on the local radios in NYC. I agree that it was the best tour. Unfortunately, I didn't attend but I have enjoyed the music for many years. I bought the remastered versions as well. The quality is better than the bootlegs. Bruce also now releases every show. I will buy the Orlando show when it becomes available next week. The Tampa show is already for sale.

Here is the link to the Sept 19, 1978 show which I think is better than the 20th and the best show recorded.