• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

amusing referral notation

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
two new members joined this weekend and put on his "referred by" line:

A gentleman we met on the ski lift at Massanutten

and

someone we met in Cancun, on a shuttle bus

sadly it didnt include a name...so if this was you..chime in here and thank you! =)

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Where does this "referred by" line show up. I have someone I want to refer and will do it anyhow but I'd like to get the credits. Thanks

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whenever anyone creates a new TUG membership, during the process of creating their login and password there is a field that asks them to type in the name/username/email of the person that referred them.

when someone does this, the referral is linked to that account and an email is sent to the existing member thanking them for the referral so they are aware of who put them down as a referral!

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! I did not know that. And do we referees get any special bonus or anything? Extended membership?

I had a nice chat on Dipper chair at Heavenly ski resort with a gentleman from Florida using his timeshare at Tahoe, but the conversation never turned to TUG. Next time I'll work harder.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, we are in Cancun but have not talked with anyone in a shuttle bus. Do you still offer the six month extension for referrals? Does ten referrals still get lifetime membership?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yessir, each referral can be cashed in for 6mo membership extension, and 10 grants a lifetime membership.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi Brian. How do we know how many referrals we have ? I had a family member that went to Cabo with us join recently.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you shoot an email to tug@tug2.net i can look it up for you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi Brian. How do we know how many referrals we have ? I had a family member that went to Cabo with us join recently.

Bill
If they just joined the BBS, it won't count.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you put in your name when you filled out the referral info?

Yes, my name and tug name was used. I didn't fill out the referral. I helped. I have had many friends tell me that they used me as a referral over he years. One actually joined as a member but because they already joined the bbs years ago when I told them to I didn't get credit. I wonder if it's because I changed my tug name. I have different a tug bbs name from my tug name. It could be two separate emails that go to the same address too.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if they put your username, or your full name in the referral field you would get credit.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
if they put your username, or your full name in the referral field you would get credit.
I referred a few people, so I have to do anything to get the credit ? I received the emails indicating they were referred by me but I’m unsure how to claim my major award..... is it a leg lamp I can put in my front window?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is a reminder in every TUG renewal emails to simply reply and extend with credits.

we also will actually apply referral credits automatically if we dont hear back from members that dont renew...so they never get lost!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
there is a reminder in every TUG renewal emails to simply reply and extend with credits.

we also will actually apply referral credits automatically if we dont hear back from members that dont renew...so they never get lost!
I’ll check back in 3 years when it’s time to renew I guess :)