• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amsterdam City Center area hotels? Suggestions appreciated.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We will be there for an overnight in late May arriving mid-morning and leaving 24 hours later. On a longer stay there I would not want to be in city center necessarily, but we have not yet made it to Amsterdam and it will be a short stay. Would appreciate suggestions for an appropriate hotel to see the walkable sights.

Amsterdam is expensive, it is high season, so not expecting miracles But we will be there after an overnight flight from SFO, so a nice hotel 450 euro or less (inc taxes) is our goal, Willing to consider a bit more but not in the $ strasaphere. Already figured out that less than that will too far away or undesirable in any number of ways.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We didn't stay as our trip changed but we booked at Hotel Fita on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scenic River Cruises have us booked at the Hilton Double Tree at Centraal Station in early May for $460 Cdn, all in. Having been in Amsterdam previously, I know that its location will be walkable to a great number of places. I don't, however, know a thing about the property itself other than what I can see on-line. I can only hope that Scenic (being an upscale cruise line) would put us in a suitable hotel. I'm glad to hear that this price isn't out of line for Amsterdam. I nearly choked when I learned the price, we are staying a week in the lovely village of Naarden (20 minutes out) at a very nice B & B for less than 150 euro per night!

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scenic River Cruises have us booked at the Hilton Double Tree at Centraal Station in early May for $460 Cdn, all in. Having been in Amsterdam previously, I know that its location will be walkable to a great number of places. I don't, however, know a thing about the property itself other than what I can see on-line. I can only hope that Scenic (being an upscale cruise line) would put us in a suitable hotel. I'm glad to hear that this price isn't out of line for Amsterdam. I nearly choked when I learned the price, we are staying a week in the lovely village of Naarden (20 minutes out) at a very nice B & B for less than 150 euro per night!
Prices now start at $475US for the lowest level room (queen bed, basic room), go up from there and the sky lounge is under renovation until June so I am sure Scenic did the best they could! A couple of the hotels recommended on FlyerTalk were close to $1000. Amsterdam is very popular and this year is going to be a banner year for travel: https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/tips/best-time-book-summer-vacation/.

And unfortunately Hotel Fita was booked; looks like a nice hotel.

Last edited:

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Posthoorn Bed and Breakfast... small but in a good neighborhood.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the Museumplatz neighborhood. Many 'classic' (read: smallish rooms- not American style amenities) hotels where you can easily walk to the Rijsmuseum, the Van Gogh, and more- you can pick up a canal cruise HOHO nearby. Do a search on Hotels or Booking dot com. We have used a door-to-door shuttle from the airport.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
We liked the Marriott Renaissance last September.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
After staying at a Marriott in Zurich last year, which was nice, I would choose a smaller, more local hotel. The Marriott felt like we were in the U.S.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
In July, we stay 1N at the Movenpick (next to the cruise terminal).
We depart the next day for a 12N cruise to Norway.
On return, we stay 2N at Park Centraal (near the Rijksmuseum).

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to all of you for the wonderful suggestions. Most were already booked (including the Movopick - we are also on a cruise that ends in Copenhagen) and although the Museumplatz neighborhood seemed very appealing, we have somehow never been to Amsterdam and, since we are not sure we will get back, for our one night it seemed a good idea to be in the city centre.

I got a tour of the city lookng into hotels (very fun and a real rabbit hole) and this is what I ended up with. Blew a bit past my previous upper cost idea, but I think the relative value is worth it. Will post review when we get back in June.

Stay at our Amsterdam Hotel in The City Centre | The Hoxton
The Hoxton, Amsterdam Review: What To REALLY Expect If You Stay (oyster.com)