• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Offers: Marriott Hotels, $40 Back When You Spend $200+

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I paid $250 of next year's MF at WKORV and it does not seem to have triggered the offer. Usually I get notified right away when I do so But there is no indication that it was eligible.

I usually also get notified immediately for many offers but for this I paid $300 for HRA MFs on Monday and got the "congrats" email this morning. Charge still shows as "pending" so no credit yet.

I was hoping the offer would show up on the Platinum additional cardholder account, but alas they are not there. The offer was also available on my Bonvoy card but gone after I added it to the Platinum card. So unable to "double-dip"...

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Correction to my prior post - I do see the offer in my wife's Platinum card account (but not my daughter's).

Will try "double-dipping" now :)

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
I paid $250 of next year's MF at WKORV and it does not seem to have triggered the offer. Usually I get notified right away when I do so But there is no indication that it was eligible.
I prepaid $250 of next year's MF for WKORV yesterday on our Delta Airlines Am Exp and received notification that we used the offer this morning so hopefully there was just a day delay in yours too.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I prepaid $250 of next year's MF for WKORV yesterday on our Delta Airlines Am Exp and received notification that we used the offer this morning so hopefully there was just a day delay in yours too.
I just got the email saying I'd used the Amex offer, so you're right — there was just a delay for some reason. It did work for WKORV MFs.

Now if only they'd give me the offer on my Bonvoy card too...

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how these charges show on your amex. I charged $250 for my sheraton desert oasis, and it shows as VSE Scottsdale Pinnacle. I made the charge yesterday, but it still shows as pending on my account. Haven't received any email about the offer being used.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I'm wondering how these charges show on your amex. I charged $250 for my sheraton desert oasis, and it shows as VSE Scottsdale Pinnacle. I made the charge yesterday, but it still shows as pending on my account. Haven't received any email about the offer being used.

Same with mine. Fwiw, last year was the same process…just give it a few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just checked our Amex accounts. We have offer on 3 cards. Thanks @dukefor the tip. Love saving $150 + on MF.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Just checked our Amex accounts. We have offer on 3 cards. Thanks @dukefor the tip. Love saving $150 + on MF.

My recent experience is that if you have an offer on more than one card per account, the duplicate offer(s) will disappear once you activate the first one. So if one account has the offer on 2 different cards, I think you will only be able to activate it on one card.

A few years ago there was a trick. You could first open amex.com in 2 different browsers and open up the offer on a different card in each browser. Then you could activate the offer on card 1 in browser 1 and then very quickly activate the same offer on card 2 in browser 2. I don't know if that will work any longer.

But perhaps you have 3 different Amex accounts (3 different logins). In that case, you should be good to go.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My recent experience is that if you have an offer on more than one card per account, the duplicate offer(s) will disappear once you activate the first one. So if one account has the offer on 2 different cards, I think you will only be able to activate it on one card.

A few years ago there was a trick. You could first open amex.com in 2 different browsers and open up the offer on a different card in each browser. Then you could activate the offer on card 1 in browser 1 and then very quickly activate the same offer on card 2 in browser 2. I don't know if that will work any longer.

But perhaps you have 3 different Amex accounts (3 different logins). In that case, you should be good to go.

Thanks. I remember that trick but haven't tried it lately. We have 3 separate AMEX accounts: Mine, DH, DD (AU). did not show up on our DS's AU 4th player card but 3 out of 4 isn't bad. Last fall we only had 1 out of 4.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Please let us know what happens. That is, let's say you activate the offer on the primary user's account. Does the same offer then continue to be available on the authorized user's account? My suspicion is that it may no longer be available.

I'm an AU on some of my wife's cards. I just don't recall being able to see/activate that same offer on my card after I've already activated it on her card (even though I have a different AU sign-on and a different card number).

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
WMH $250 payment for 2023 fees. Took 3 days to receive the email. Worked.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for SDO. The charge just went through, but no email. SDO is an odd one because it has Scottsdale Pinnacle Orlando, FL. But it also shows VSE Scottsdale Pinnacle. I'll wait a few more days...

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just prepaid $250+ (included some cents over $250 so it wasn’t exactly $250) for WKORV almost a week ago and was credited $50 several days later. But never got an email.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Still waiting for SDO. The charge just went through, but no email. SDO is an odd one because it has Scottsdale Pinnacle Orlando, FL. But it also shows VSE Scottsdale Pinnacle. I'll wait a few more days...

My charge was posted Jan 11 and still no $50 credit.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Correction to my prior post - I do see the offer in my wife's Platinum card account (but not my daughter's).

Will try "double-dipping" now :)

Worked - received 2x$50 credits!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We have an upcoming points stay at Westin Riverfront via Marriott site. We will pay for resort fees,. restaurant meals and parking with the offers and whatever is left will go on prepay MF. Will have to remember to split the bill across cards and to bring those cards for checkout - the hardest part! Love that we can save $150. Makes the cards worthwhile.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Did someone try to pay SVV MF with the latest offer? I've prepaid almost all the WKORVN MF for next year and don't want to go over and being charged by $20 fee. I want to prepay SVV Bella or Key West but just want to confirm first if this $50 cash back can work. Thanks!

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Did someone try to pay SVV MF with the latest offer? I've prepaid almost all the WKORVN MF for next year and don't want to go over and being charged by $20 fee. I want to prepay SVV Bella or Key West but just want to confirm first if this $50 cash back can work. Thanks!

It worked on SVV KW for me.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
My sheraton desort oasis did not work. :(
It didn't work for me either during the last promotion. Guess which HOA gets their payments last!

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
BACK AGAIN! - AmEx.
Spend $250 or more, get $50 back
Marriott Bonvoy®
worked before for maintenance fees - Let's do it again.
Post results please......