• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Aspire

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you know not all resort MF trigger the reimbursement but if not, here it is. I own Craigendarroch Lodges and have to call it over the phone instead of paying over the web to get it coded as Hilton and trigger the credit back.

What, what!?!? I had no idea this was possible...I've been paying via they're bizarre invoice payment system (they use something other than HGVC). How do you do this?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
What, what!?!? I had no idea this was possible...
I also call in the MFs via phone and pay with CC in December. It triggers the 14x HH points.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Was surprised today that by BC MF triggered the AMEX $250 resort credit. It is not on the list as resorts, but it triggered the credit, maybe the 3 Big Island resorts all get coded into AMEX the same way, as the other 2 resorts do qualify for the resort credit.

I don't really care, as my SW MF would trigger it anyway, but a bonus for someone with BC only. I am spacing out my MF payments so that they don't all fall in the same bill and the SW contracts has a 60 day window to pay. But BC only has 30 days. So I paid it first.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Used all our Amex Aspire cards to pay for Bay Club MF. Weird thing is both of my wifes Aspires triggered the $250 credit but my two Aspires did not trigger the credit. Will just have to remember to use my Apires for the parking charges at Grand Wailea. Or if there is any credit left, will use it to prepay some of our Kohala Suites MF in Dec.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used all our Amex Aspire cards to pay for Bay Club MF. Weird thing is both of my wifes Aspires triggered the $250 credit but my two Aspires did not trigger the credit.

This previously happened to mrs. brp with Vegas properties. She called and they fixed it, although it took some time. This year it showed up in like 2 days. Mine rresents in mid-March and I used it last year for dining, so will have to wait for 2022 dues.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used all our Amex Aspire cards to pay for Bay Club MF. Weird thing is both of my wifes Aspires triggered the $250 credit but my two Aspires did not trigger the credit. Will just have to remember to use my Apires for the parking charges at Grand Wailea. Or if there is any credit left, will use it to prepay some of our Kohala Suites MF in Dec.

Strange, it is possible you already used up your credit. Remember Hilton Credit is based on anniversary of card date, where as all other perks, like airline credit are based on Calendar year.

If it is truly not used, I would be making a phone call to have them look at it.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Strange, it is possible you already used up your credit. Remember Hilton Credit is based on anniversary of card date, where as all other perks, like airline credit are based on Calendar year.

If it is truly not used, I would be making a phone call to have them look at it.
Will have to call and check then. I just paid wifes annual fees last month on her Aspire Cards.

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
New benefit for Aspire card - $20/month dining credit through 2021

This is a nice benefit. :whooopie: Any have any idea if it will work on Grubhub or Uber Eats?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a nice benefit. :whooopie: Any have any idea if it will work on Grubhub or Uber Eats?

According to the T&Cs (you can find them linked in the article or your account), deliver counts.

Cheers.

Oscar923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does reservation fee trigger the credit? I was charged $59 last week, and have not seen any credits yet. Could anyone please confirm? Thanks.

llandaff

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long does it usually take to see the credit? I paid Lagoon fees at the beginning of December. They triggered the 14x points but I have not seen any credit.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How long does it usually take to see the credit? I paid Lagoon fees at the beginning of December. They triggered the 14x points but I have not seen any credit.

You only get 1 credit per Anniversary year, not Calendar year. Perhaps you already used it? When is your anniversary date? And this is only on the Hilton AMEX Aspire Card not on other cards.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does reservation fee trigger the credit? I was charged $59 last week, and have not seen any credits yet. Could anyone please confirm? Thanks.

No reservation fee credit. MF on specific resorts only. Not all resort qualify. Once per Anniversary Year.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never had a reservation fee trigger the resort credit. Charges at the resort and paying MF have triggered the resort credit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

llandaff

TUG Member
Reaction score
You only get 1 credit per Anniversary year, not Calendar year. Perhaps you already used it? When is your anniversary date? And this is only on the Hilton AMEX Aspire Card not on other cards.

I only got the Aspire card in October last year so am definitely still within my anniversary year. I noticed the payment codes as "HILTON GV HVVS HOA HHONOLULU HI" so maybe the fact it is noted as an HOA fee means it's not counted as a resort charge.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My HOA for Las Vegas was paid in December but my credit has not shown up yet. I chatted with AMEX but still no resolution because they told me to wait 8 - 12 weeks (sigh). In general the AMEX credits are really slow in showing up lately. For example, the $20 restaurant credit has not shown up either.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I get an email immediately when dining credits have been used. Check online and hey appear a few days later. Has been consistently done on the 6 Amex cards that have the dining credit added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
View attachment 32397

I got this email last week, but don't see the credit online. I might have to wait until the cycle closes....

I was listening to FrequentMiler, a miles and points focused Podcast, they recently stated that Amex has become slower to post many of these monthly credits.. There theory was that Amex is using these to keep people from canceling their cards, so the longer the promos take to post the longer you will keep the card. That is is kind of cynical view , but it does make sense.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 32397

I got this email last week, but don't see the credit online. I might have to wait until the cycle closes....

Usually posts fairly quickly, although the terms of the offer do give Amex 8-12 weeks:

" Please allow 8-12 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account."

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually posts fairly quickly, although the terms of the offer do give Amex 8-12 weeks:

" Please allow 8-12 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account."

IME, the "built-in" stuff on the main benefits page posts quickly. The "add-ins" like this typically take longer.

Cheers.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
I received an email on 2/6 telling me that I had redeemed the $20 Dining Credit (purchased on 2/5) and also had a TurboTax Charge on 2/6, neither of which I got creditted for on a statement that closed a couple days ago.

On the bright side, after next months statement closes I will have added about 55,000 HH points to my account, mainly from MF's, Transfer Fees and Activation fees, which I'd put a value on of about $275.