• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex HHonors Diamond Derated even further

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
My last thread was hijacked!
The Diamond level now has a limiting inventory, so now the 48 hour rule really doesn't matter, if their Diamond inventory is booked up the Diamond card is worthless! So when they try and sell you with that one you know the real truth!
American Express linked my business account and my personal account together, now I must choose one or the other. They cut off my personal account when they cut off my business account. I have auto pays coming out of my personal account, it just cost me over $400.00 because they did that. This will never happen again!
The good news is that US Air has some freaking great employees in their Phoenix office, they got me straight after being screwed by American Express!
I will never ever depend on American Express again!
They are a poorly run company with no soul!
Only out for the money!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I became an American Express "Member" in the mid 50s (remember the slogan "Memberhsip has its privileges"). I charged thousands of dollars every month on the account when I was traveling and was never late on a payment in over 50 years. Four or 5 years ago I paid off a $10,000 balance on my revolving Amex account. Within a week they cut my credit limit to $1,000. I haven't used any of my American Express cards since.

George

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Why should a diamond-back be able to book a stay at a no-vacancy hotel?
If the loyalty program doesn't it for you any more, you're free to be disloyal.

P.S. I agreed with the moderater who advised that general Am-Ex and other
CC rants should be in the Lounge, but felt there needed to be some balance.

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why should a diamond-back be able to book a stay at a no-vacancy hotel?
If the loyalty program doesn't it for you any more, you're free to be disloyal.

P.S. I agreed with the moderater who advised that general Am-Ex and other
CC rants should be in the Lounge, but felt there needed to be some balance.

Its not a no vacancy hotel, it is a cash hotel, you can buy a room with cash, but not Honors points for which were advertised as NO Black Out DAtes with Diamond! When you spend that much money with a company and they offer these perks for doing so and then after the fact change the rules it is not the right thing to do!

I will never trust them again, I am just advising others of my plight!
So they shop for the best rate at the best hotel, why should I be loyal to Hilton, they have not been loyal to us!

It is at the least FALSE ADVERTISING and also FRAUD!
Take your pick,