• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AMEX ASPIRE New 2nd card/account/annual fee for spouse.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
is there a good thread on TUG comparing the benefits of different cards? we are hgvc owners heading into retirement, and based on discussions here it sounds like this might be worth looking into.
You are likely better served on this by going to www.flyertalk.com. Since these cards are very much travel-related, there is really a lot of information there.

I've been doing this game for more than two decades now and it can be a really deep topic. The folks at Flyertalk are the experts on this angle. And, not surprisingly, there is a good bit of overlap between TUG and FT members.

Also, if you have questions specific to your situation (we just retired as well), feel free to send me a PM and I can probably provide some info on the topics.

Cheers.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
When spouse applying for 2nd aspire card with separate annual fee should the preexisting spousal aspire card Hilton Honors account be used or start a 2nd HH Account and do “transfer” later after bonus sign up points received?
I was wondering the same. If one has a shared HH account could both parties have separate HH credit cards and share the same HH account. One would think you could, unless Amex doesn’t like that for some reason?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I was wondering the same. If one has a shared HH account could both parties have separate HH credit cards and share the same HH account. One would think you could, unless Amex doesn’t like that for some reason?
My wife and I share one HH account. But have a total of 4 Aspire accounts. I am primary on 2 Aspire cards and she is primary on her 2 Aspire cards. We pay $1800 a year in AF just for Aspire. But we make $50 each account for total of $200 and get 4 Free Night Awards annually. Find Aspire to be a lucrative credit card.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CMcCT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Grand Waikikian
I already have AMEX Aspire in my name only and pay the $450 annual fee. If spouse gets AMEX Aspire in their name only and pays annual fee also can the Hilton Honors sign up bonus points go into my Hilton Honors point account or does spouse have to set up her own Hilton Honors account?
My husband and I worked with our home club sales rep who helped us consolidate 2 separate hhonors accounts into one account linked to our HGVC membership. It can be done fairly easily.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@frank808 Congrats on your lucrative Aspires. Do you both share the same Honors account?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
My wife and I share one HH account. But have a total of 4 Aspire accounts. I am primary on 2 Aspire cards and she is primary on her 2 Aspire cards. We pay $1800 a year in AF just for Aspire. But we make $50 each account for total of $200 and get 4 Free Night Awards annually. Find Aspire to be a lucrative credit card.

Interesting. Thank you. I just know Amex can be strange at time so didn’t know if 2 different accounts could feed into the same HH account.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
So sticking with the same theme of Shared HH account between spouses we noticed something during our last stay in PR and just recently in St Louis and Chicago this year.
Since combining our HH accounts into 1 and traveling with our two children we feel we have been getting double F&B credits.
For example: Caribe Hilton was Estimated $36 per person for full breakfast $18 for continental breakfast. We were there for 7 nights and every morning we would go down and they would say 2 diamond guests you all can get full breakfast. And at the end of the trip it had all subtracted off the folio.
Same in St.Louis Union station, although this was a executive lounge, no charge at the end. Not sure if this was a fluke or others have noticed this?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
So sticking with the same theme of Shared HH account between spouses we noticed something during our last stay in PR and just recently in St Louis and Chicago this year.
Since combining our HH accounts into 1 and traveling with our two children we feel we have been getting double F&B credits.
For example: Caribe Hilton was Estimated $36 per person for full breakfast $18 for continental breakfast. We were there for 7 nights and every morning we would go down and they would say 2 diamond guests you all can get full breakfast. And at the end of the trip it had all subtracted off the folio.
Same in St.Louis Union station, although this was a executive lounge, no charge at the end. Not sure if this was a fluke or others have noticed this?
I would guess that it's really more dependent on the hotel's discretion on how it's interpreted. One business trip I was on staying at a Hilton in Georgia they told me that I could get credit for two guests in the room since that was its capacity even though I was the only one staying there.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I would guess that it's really more dependent on the hotel's discretion on how it's interpreted. One business trip I was on staying at a Hilton in Georgia they told me that I could get credit for two guests in the room since that was its capacity even though I was the only one staying theyes, i
I agree the F&B credit is supposed to extend to everyone or at least two guests in the same room. I have also indicted two people to get more than 2 credits per day. Only downside was for one business trip my folio indicated two guests and our expense report audit team got upset that i was trying to sneak someone onto a business trip and may be billing the company for guest expenses..

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for those with joint Honors account. Is it reflected anywhere on the Hilton Honors site/profile that you can actually see?

I own jointly with my brother. I had a Hilton account but he didn't. After my first deed was fully processed I received an e-mail from Hilton saying

"You have successfully updated your additional name on your account. You may verify the specific changes by accessing your account online via Hilton Honors."

When I log into my account I don't see anything with his name on it or that I have a joint account. I did try to chat with them today and they were confused about what I was asking at first but then said they do see his name attached to my account. Don't really want to call and ask too many questions since we're not spouses.

I have Aspire card and debating if I should get one for him as well and try to attached card to same Hilton Honors account since managing two accounts will be harder.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Question for those with joint Honors account. Is it reflected anywhere on the Hilton Honors site/profile that you can actually see?

I have a joint Honors account with my wife, and I don't see any indication of that in my online profile. I believe each member is supposed to create their own online profile, but you would each use the same number.

I handle all the travel booking, and I am not certain if my wife did ever create her own online account.

You might have to call Honors customer support to be find out if they did create the joint account for you.

When i hit Lifetime diamond a year or two back, we both got the fancy Lifetime Diamond cards in the mail. That has pretty much been the only confirmation i have seen that we do in fact have a joint account.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you view your dashboard in HGVC owners login/website here: https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/dashboard#/index.

You will see the Hilton Honors info that shows the account holders number for the Hilton Honors Number, and it should list both names. That's the only place I know to look to confirm you are joint account holders of the same Hilton Honors membership number, no where else on Hilton's website do you see that reflected that I know of.

Great3

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)
My wife and I each have two aspire cards and one surpass card. All tied to the same honors number. There’s no way to tell online afaik, but if you call honors they will verify.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you view your dashboard in HGVC owners login/website here: https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/dashboard#/index.

You will see the Hilton Honors info that shows the account holders number for the Hilton Honors Number, and it should list both names. That's the only place I know to look to confirm you are joint account holders of the same Hilton Honors membership number, no where else on Hilton's website do you see that reflected that I know of.

Great3
I guess I aways just assumed this was a listing of the HGV owners and the Honors number associated with the HGV account. How does the dashboard look with multiple owners that don't have a joint Honors account?

According to Hilton.com, joint accounts are only allowed for people that are married. From what i have read on TUG these are also only created for retail purchases, but the printed rules don't cover that..

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I aways just assumed this was a listing of the HGV owners and the Honors number associated with the HGV account. How does the dashboard look with multiple owners that don't have a joint Honors account?

According to Hilton.com, joint accounts are only allowed for people that are married. From what i have read on TUG these are also only created for retail purchases, but the printed rules don't cover that..
I don’t know, but both my wife and I have the same Hilton Honors account number. When we each apply for the Aspire card, we listed the same account number for our individual credit cards, and it worked fine. Both free nights gets credited to same account from both cards. Makes for easy seamless booking of the 2 free nights.

Don't know how they would know if you are married or not. It wasn’t a new account number either created upon our purchase of HGVC, I had that number prior to our purchase. My wife never had a Hilton Honor account, but that number became her number as well once we brought HGVC resale as both our names are on the deed.

Great3

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't know how they would know if you are married or not. It wasn’t a new account number either created upon our purchase of HGVC, I had that number prior to our purchase. My wife never had a Hilton Honor account, but that number became her number as well once we brought HGVC resale as both our names are on the deed.

I was just answering what Hilton states on their website regarding the joint account. I agree it may be challenging for them to validate marital status. I think if you are honest about buying an HGV unit with your brother, cousin, etc they wont allow a joint account with them. But personally I would not want my sister on any of my loyalty rewards accounts..

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
We have a joint HH account and separate Aspire cards and the points go into the joint account from both.

Lodemia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Craigendarroch(2),Coylumbridge(5),Boulevard(4),Kings'Land(1),W 57th(1),District(2)

Same. 4 free nights a year i a Waldorf Astoria is worth the hassle of splitting payments, etc to prevent breakage.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we each apply for the Aspire card, we listed the same account number for our individual credit cards, and it worked fine. Both free nights gets credited to same account from both cards. Makes for easy seamless booking of the 2 free nights.

Did you call Hilton to set up both people on the same HH account ahead of time? Or just put in the same HH# on the credit card application?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you call Hilton to set up both people on the same HH account ahead of time? Or just put in the same HH# on the credit card application?

In my case, my wife wasn't a Hilton Honors member, only me prior to our HGVC Resale purchase. I didn't even know you can have a share account. When we purchased HGVC, and I associated HGVC membership to my Hilton Honors account, they just send both of us in the mail Silver member cards for being HGVC owner. I never had it status prior to that.

That's when I learn that my wife now is now a Hilton Honors members without even applying, joining.

If you both are Hilton Honors members already, I would ask HGVC to help merge the accounts before applying for the credit cards, because during the credit card application process, it will ask for your Hilton Honors member number. If you were to merge accounts later after applying with different Hilton Honors numbers, when the accounts get merged, and one of the account will be closed, then you will have one credit card associated to the closed account that won't get credited properly. You would have to contact AMEX to update your Hilton Honors number later for that account that got closed.

If you get the accounts merged already, and share the same number, then applying separately for the credit cards is easy, just put the same account number in both credit card applications. Like I said, my case, I never had to call Hilton to setup anything ahead of time, just happened without me realizing it, but probably because my wife didn't not an account previously, and there was nothing to merge. I didn't have to worry about her losing points on an existing account because there wasn't one to start with. I would just verify on the HGVC dashboard if your names are both listed, and which account number is listed. Then if you both have separate Hilton Honors account, ask HGVC to merge the other account into the one listed on the dashboard.

This works out sure much better for the Aspire cards and Hilton Honors booking, than the Marriott system.

With Marriott Bonvoy, we both have separate accounts, and have to book the free 1 night stays separately back to back, and ask at the hotel for the two reservations to be merged together so we don't have to change rooms. With Hilton Honors, it's a seamless 2 night booking, I can see both free nights certs.

Great3

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

So do the Free Night Certificate emails just get delivered to one email address and usable by both people? That would make it easier for me with each of us having an Aspire, but every time I want to use my wife's FNC I need to have her authorize the transaction with the Hhonors reps on the phone call.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do the Free Night Certificate emails just get delivered to one email address and usable by both people? That would make it easier for me with each of us having an Aspire, but every time I want to use my wife's FNC I need to have her authorize the transaction with the Hhonors reps on the phone call.

Don't know about Frank, but in my case, yes, I get both free nights certs emailed to my email address, and when I call, they never ask to speak to my wife, they let me book both nights even though both free nights came from 2 different credit cards.

Great3