• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AMEX ASPIRE New 2nd card/account/annual fee for spouse.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Don't know about Frank, but in my case, yes, I get both free nights certs emailed to my email address, and when I call, they never ask to speak to my wife, they let me book both nights even though both free nights came from 2 different credit cards.
Same here. I manage the two Aspire cards (one for me and one for my spouse) plus one Surpass card ( in my name). After setting up my wife's Aspire card, I changed the email address/login and password over so I could manage it. It isn't because I don't trust my spouse, it is because she certainly doesn't want to handle this card.

btw, when I setup the second Aspire card (and additional Surpass), I used my Hilton Honors account number so they are all linked to one account.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
mrs. brp has her own Amex credit card account, and the Aspire is one of several there. She manages that. But everything funnels into the one HHonors account, and I manage that. The FNC emails all come to my email since that's the one on the HHonors account. IIRC, the name of the recipient is in the email so we know. And, of course, this all gets tracked on a spreadsheet.

Hyatt works like what is described for Marriott. We decided to make mrs. brp the Globalist, so we accumulate everything in her account. But I have FNAs in my account that I can book and credit to her account, but it takes a call every time. And, when I accumulate Hyatt points, I have to transfer them to her account.

Cheers.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel
mrs. brp has her own Amex credit card account, and the Aspire is one of several there. She manages that. But everything funnels into the one HHonors account, and I manage that. The FNC emails all come to my email since that's the one on the HHonors account. IIRC, the name of the recipient is in the email so we know. And, of course, this all gets tracked on a spreadsheet.

Hyatt works like what is described for Marriott. We decided to make mrs. brp the Globalist, so we accumulate everything in her account. But I have FNAs in my account that I can book and credit to her account, but it takes a call every time. And, when I accumulate Hyatt points, I have to transfer them to her account.

Cheers.
Same here, my wife is Globalist and we share the same HH account. It’s a nice perk for Hilton/HGV owners.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than the SUB (and someone else having Diamond Hilton status), what are the benefits to having a second Aspire in your spouse's name vs having a second Aspire in your own name?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Other than the SUB (and someone else having Diamond Hilton status), what are the benefits to having a second Aspire in your spouse's name vs having a second Aspire in your own name?
if the card is a secondary card, you don't get more credits and have limited benefits. If the card is only in their name, then they get all the primary credits but also pay another fee. I have one and my wife has one, we both pay the fees but also get all the credits.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

To tag onto this - how does one get a second Aspire card in their own name? Just apply? Seems that that has a good chance of being declined since one already has one. Or does it require a circuitous route?

Cheers.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
(and someone else having Diamond Hilton status)
A mentioned earlier, you can establish a joint account with your spouse if you're an HGVC owner and both would therefore have Diamond status for both, so I don't really think of this as a benefit. There might be intangible benefits like being able to better track card usage, but I think AMEX allows you to do that already by indicating what card a charge is made to.

To tag onto this - how does one get a second Aspire card in their own name? Just apply? Seems that that has a good chance of being declined since one already has one. Or does it require a circuitous route?

Cheers.
I had already received a SUB for Aspire so I got my second one by calling in and asking them to change a different one to Aspire because I like the benefits better. There was no issue with that. You could also apply for a second one, as many have done, but wouldn't get the SUB unless it was an offer without a lifetime prohibition in the terms and conditions.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had already received a SUB for Aspire so I got my second one by calling in and asking them to change a different one to Aspire because I like the benefits better. There was no issue with that. You could also apply for a second one, as many have done, but wouldn't get the SUB unless it was an offer without a lifetime prohibition in the terms and conditions.

We have about 2.4M HHononors points. The last think we need is a Hilton SUB :)

But the various perks added again would be nice.

Cheers.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We have about 2.4M HHononors points. The last think we need is a Hilton SUB :)

But the various perks added again would be nice.

Cheers.
Hilton will happily transfer points you don't need to another member....

Reactions: brp

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL, good question... Nothing really... I just didn't know you can have a 2nd Aspire card, that's why I had wife apply for one also at the same time. But I think maybe you might have to wait a while before applying of the 2nd Aspire card, maybe can't get a 2nd one after 1 months only... Don't know though.

If I had known, I would have just applied for both Aspire cards, as wife never travels alone. In any case, I just applied for the 2nd Apsire in late Oct. this year after getting one last year Aug., so we have total 3 Aspire cards now between both of us.

Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cheers.

Very straight forward actually... I just went to the Aspire credit card app website and apply again. I didn't do a product change from a different card like many others did for my 2nd Aspire card. Obviously, it said no SUB since I already have the card, but I didn't care, and it turned out to be extra nice having gotten old $250 resort credit, old $250 airline incidental credit, and new $50 airline ticket credit... so definitely worth it for this year.

Great3

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Same here, my wife is Globalist and we share the same HH account. It’s a nice perk for Hilton/HGV owners.
You mean Diamond? Globalist is a Hyatt level.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

Actually talking Globalist here as a comparison of programs. Each of us who pays for an Aspire card is Diamond, so that one's easy. We were talking about having separate Hyatt accounts with one as Globalist since they don't have a joint account like Hilton.

CHeers.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Can I set up a joint account?

It looks like it can still be done for HGVC owners.
Given Hilton allows family pooling of points, there is little need to actually merge these accounts. Just the opposite, if there's a cool promotion, like "stay at Tapestry for an extra 10,000 points", then you can score that offer twice, once from each account.

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel

No we have a shared Hilton diamon account and she has Globalist with Hyatt. Just trying it out this year to compare. So far I’m not super impressed but we’ve not stayed at a lot of higher end properties.

We have Kauai booked for July so that may be the best trial for us to see if we will stick with Hyatt another year.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
No we have a shared Hilton diamon account and she has Globalist with Hyatt. Just trying it out this year to compare. So far I’m not super impressed but we’ve not stayed at a lot of higher end properties.

We have Kauai booked for July so that may be the best trial for us to see if we will stick with Hyatt another year.

The Grand Hyatt in Poipu is fabulous. Overall, we find the benefits for Hyatt Globalist far better than Hilton Diamond, even at mid-tier properties. The upgrades, waived resort fees, free parking and breakfast are very nice.

Cheers.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The Grand Hyatt in Poipu is fabulous. Overall, we find the benefits for Hyatt Globalist far better than Hilton Diamond, even at mid-tier properties. The upgrades, waived resort fees, free parking and breakfast are very nice.

Cheers.
Hyatt does not work for us as their footprint is to small. Quiet a few places we visit there are no Hyatts or the Hyatt hotels are to far away. Marriott and Hilton might not treat their Diamond and Titanium members better but these two chains have so many locations that it is easier to stay with them.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt does not work for us as their footprint is to small. Quiet a few places we visit there are no Hyatts or the Hyatt hotels are to far away. Marriott and Hilton might not treat their Diamond and Titanium members better but these two chains have so many locations that it is easier to stay with them.

Fair point. There are generally Hyatts where we go, so it works for us. But the footprint is definitely smaller. Overseas we use Hilton as Diamond gets actual benefits.

But, yeah, the treatment at a hotel doesn't matter if it ain't there :)

Cheers.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our trip to Genoa this past summer, there were no large chain hotels near city center. We stayed at the only Marriott 15 minutes outside city center. Also, no Hiltons in city at all.

Funny thing is the most predominant hotel chain was Best Western that i saw in city centers of Italy. Even in Rome, the dominant hotel chain near Panthenon, Trevi fountain etc (city center) is Best Westerns.

No way that I can get status in another hotel chain (unless status is tied to credit card). There are only 365 days in a year.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Surprisingly Best Western is quite prominent in Europe and I used them frequently when on business.. I have heard that Choice is big (and nice) in Scandinavia.

I agree with @brp I will stay anyday at the Grand Hyatt "wing" next door vs. P@P. We are saving Chase points for our next Kauai trip to stay there again. Amazing resort.

Last edited:

Zenichiro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Yabel

Cheers.
Yes it looks fab. Should be a great end to our vacation. Agree, free parking is a huge benefit anymore