• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2012

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I'm re-watching now. :) Love Colton in this Neil Diamond grouping but am laughing because that "so good, so good, so good" thing is totally ripped off from Fenway Park! That song is played at every home game midway through the 8th inning and Sox fans invented that refrain. It was hysterical when Neil Diamond played there and the fans all screamed "so good, so good, so good" the first time he sang it - he was so thrown off he had the band re-start the song. He sang it again later in the same concert and that time he had the refrain down pat including the fists in the air. Good times. :D

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not impressed so far. And too many women who, IMO, are too chubby to be wearing tight body suits. Obviously they feel better about their tummy rolls than I do about mine. :rolleyes:

Spanx must have made a fortune providing the undergarments for all these ladies in cat suits! :eek:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't stand any more of this. Going to bed. I haven't heard anything I enjoyed. Jennifer Lopez is wearing baggy pants and the chubby ladies wore tight pants and no one can sing.

Well, tomorrow night SYTYCD begins! Yay :cheer: :cheer: finally a good show will be on!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well phooey, WE enjoyed it! I liked Ace's sweet moment (ok, maybe it was longer than it needed to be), and I liked seeing Aerosmith. Not that I'm an Aerosmith fan, but after two years of seeing ST sitting in the judges' seat, it was fun seeing him strut his stuff on the stage.

As to the women in cat suits.....My mom would have said that no lady dresses like that :eek:
I wonder if they really were wearing Spanx? They sure needed to.

I thought JLo's baggy pants were quite a change from the sprayed-on "clothes" she's been wearing on other nights. I'm guessing they were pretty smart given some of her moves - don't need a split seam on live TV :D At least she wasn't vulgar as in her previous performances.

The screaming diva.....was that Fantasia? Did not like her at all!

And J Holliday did not look nice in the blond wig.

OK, so I started out saying I really liked it, and now after reading the posts from the critics above, I do realize there were some spots that maybe I didn't like so much.....Even so, I still enjoyed that it was a high energy show without all that stretched out drama and stupid comments from the three stooges that we've endured all season. And the end? Didn't care much one way or the other, both will likely be successful.

Last edited:

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but Jennifer Holiday just scared me!! :eek:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone sing with so many odd facial expressions! My dd's and I were literally rolling on the floor in laughter. There was a moment when they caught J.Lo leaning back with a disgusted frown on her face that had us laughing even more....

And then Jessica started trying bigger expressions to match her!

Well, Ryan did say in his intro: "Trust me, you will feel the emotion in this performance, we say it during rehearsal, and it was incredible..."

Unfortunately, the emotion we felt was not the one they were going for. Probably on a Broadway stage in the right setting this would be very moving...

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
And J Hudson (did you catch that J Holliday error!) did not look nice in the blond wig.
That WAS Jennifer Holiday not Jennifer Hudson. She was in the Broadway production of Dream Girls and won a Grammy for that song.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I must say that I really enjoyed the show. It was full of surprises and lots of fun. I still think Joshua should be the winner, but all those kids are so talented and I hope they have a lot of future successes.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Does anyone else think Neil Diamond should stop singing and start hosting infomercials selling CDs of his OOLLLLLLDDD music -- back when he still had a voice?

Between his singing and Jennifer Holliday's spasmodic facial convulsions, I need to go wash out my brain. It was scary and awful. Or maybe just awful scary...

Dave

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
Does anyone else think Neil Diamond should stop singing and start hosting infomercials selling CDs of his OOLLLLLLDDD music -- back when he still had a voice?

Dave

That's what we thought also. I'm afraid it's time for Neil to hang it up.

Was J-Lo wearing a large Onsie for her performance? :)

Mike

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm proud to be a native Georgian! I did like the last song with Phillip and Jessica. I was a little disappointed in the other top 10. I didn't enjoy their numbers as much as when they were on the show.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
I was pleased with the outcome. Have been listening to "Home" constantly and am loving it more and more. Now I'm hoping Phillip's medical situation can be resolved- have been worrying about this.

The show was OK but I don't enjoy screeching soul singers- and there were quite a few of those. Really enjoyed Phillip singing CCR with Fogerty- he looked thrilled to be up there. Aerosmith were OK but not at their best but it was nice to see ST actually doing his thing. Again I cracked up watching JLo- after all her comments to the contestants about feeling a connection with a song and showing emotion and then you see her performance which is so far removed from any of that (all spectacle- not that there's anything wrong with that)- her baggy pants were "crazeee"- looked like she was carrying a load in there, or perhaps carrying a gun for Puff daddy. Rihanna is now the queen of Egypt I guess- interesting performance but not a song I would ever listen to again- liked the laser show. I agree with the comments about Neil Diamond- feel bad for him since it isn't really his kind of show and all the youngsters really showed how ancient he is.

Jessica seems to morph into whoever she is performing with- she even tried to out-do Jennifer Holliday on the growls and facial expressions. We were rolling on the floor at that point. I had hoped they'd get Jennifer Hudson who I think is a better singer. I wasn't familiar with the two who got engaged- didn't watch their season of AI- they should have done the proposal a little faster but a cute moment I guess. The one thing that stood out for me was in a taped piece when a family was waiting to hear the outcome for a contestant and were standing with Ryan and the patriarch (quite a large man) asked Ryan "Who are you?".

Overall it was a fun night but still had to use the DVR quite a few times (as well as the mute when we got caught up with the live show).

I think that PP's finale song could be a big hit if it can get some airplay on the radio.

tlwmkw

Last edited:

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Between his singing and Jennifer Holliday's spasmodic facial convulsions, I need to go wash out my brain. It was scary and awful. Or maybe just awful scary...

Dave

I just got done watching the finale on DVR. OMG! What was up with her face??? She had to be high or something, normal people don't make faces like that. I didn't want to look at her, yet I couldn't look away. And then Jessica starts mimicking her faces, this made for quite a priceless moment of AI craziness, lol.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the outcome, and wish much success to all the contestants. I will miss this thread, it's become one of my favorites to read. Perhaps with the new additions of Britney Spears and Demi Lovato (an odd choice IMO) to the X Factor, maybe that show will be more exciting this Fall and have us all talking again! :)

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but Jennifer Holiday just scared me!! :eek:

I've seen her perform in person as a teen singing gospel in Houston as well as on Broadway. Facial expressions are ways of her musical training! It appeared that Jennifer was trying to evoke emotions from Jessica rather than a rote, powerful vocal performance but I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to fully connect with the song. I saw Jennifer Holliday and Jennifer Hudson perform this song together. Now THAT was simply amazing.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen her perform in person as a teen singing gospel in Houston as well as on Broadway. Facial expressions are ways of her musical training! It appeared that Jennifer was trying to evoke emotions from Jessica rather than a rote, powerful vocal performance but I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to fully connect with the song. I saw Jennifer Holliday and Jennifer Hudson perform this song together. Now THAT was simply amazing.

Thanks for a little back-story behind the crazy faces. If she was trying to get Jessica to look more emotional and help her stage presence, I guess it did get Jessica to mimic...Jennifer seemed to care about Jessica, so maybe that was it. Still, it was one of the crazier performances I've seen in awhile!:rofl: :rofl:

My husband came in the door as we'd just finished watching. I rewound the show and flipped through while he caught up. He just gave me this funny look as I cracked up again - tears and all - while watching that number! Oh, I should've saved the show and used that whenever I need a good belly-laugh...

As far as J.Lo's pants: My dd's and I thought they were ridiculous, but her dancing is always good. One daughter said, "Why did she get rid of the first top, which was nice, but keep the pants???" I am glad she wasn't slinking around on the floor in a leotard or other skimpy outfit.

I was also glad that Rihanna was restrained in her performance on AI. I saw her perform the same song about a week or two ago on a late night show (don't remember which one) and she was obscene! Her "dance moves" were incredibly raunchy and half the time she was feeling herself. Blecchhh!!

The boys BeeGee tribute made one realise how beautifully the brothers harmonized. I THINK the main problem with the AI boys harmonizing was mostly bad due to whoever had the high part. (Dreandre?) Maybe he couldn't hear the others? Can we say he had an earpiece malfunction? (I am trying to be nice...) That being a part easily heard made the whole thing sound off. Colton actually sounded quite good in this number.

Not that the girls were much better...

It makes you wonder if they put it together in a day or something, because all those medleys were BAD!! I think the kids could sound a lot better. (I think most high school choirs could sound a lot better!!:ignore: )

On to SYTYCD!! :wave:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
That WAS Jennifer Holiday not Jennifer Hudson. She was in the Broadway production of Dream Girls and won a Grammy for that song.

Yep, my error! But the part being played was Billie Holiday, right? So confusing.

I completely agree that the expressions were downright scary. And to see Jessica mimic them, at her age with little if any life experience, was almost silly.

After reading all of the above, I can't remember if the screeching was Rihanna or Fantasia....either way, it was screechy.

Agree about Neil Diamond. That was sad. Can't believe he's starting a tour.

Yay! YAY!! :cheer:

Didn't want to post a spoiler last night but I am dang happy! Yay!

And Sue, I'm so happy for you and the PP fans. As noted previously, the last few shows I've started to understand why people "get" him. I hope he gets his needed medical treatment and then goes on to a great career.

And I just bought Adam's new CD at Best Buy today - yay!

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But the part being played was Billie Holiday, right? So confusing.
No, not really. Here's the story. Dreamgirls is loosely based on the Supremes, but is mosly fictional according to the article.

Jennifer Holliday was in the Broadway show. Jennifer Hudson was in the movie version.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yep, my error! But the part being played was Billie Holiday, right? So confusing.

She played Effie White, a character loosely based on The Supremes, girl group from the 1960s and 1970s. Billie Holiday was a jazz singer from the 1930s and 40s, who sank into depression and drug abuse.

Dave

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, my error! But the part being played was Billie Holiday, right? So confusing.. . .

No, not really. Here's the story. Dreamgirls is loosely based on the Supremes, but is mosly fictional according to the article.

Jennifer Holliday was in the Broadway show. Jennifer Hudson was in the movie version.

Now I'm even more confused......was there a show on Billie Holliday's life?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Now I'm even more confused......was there a show on Billie Holliday's life?

"Lady Sings the Blues" starring Diana Ross, who WAS one of The Supremes. Now you can be confused. :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

tlwmkw

Reaction score
On the View yesterday they showed a clip of Jessica Sanchez singing "Respect" at the Apollo in Harlem at age 10. Whoopi Goldberg was introducing her in the clip and that was why they showed it. The view folks were saying that the clip was 10 years old which can't be right because she is only 16 and that would make her 20. It must be 6 years old. It's probably available online now if you Google it. It makes me wonder what her life has been like up to now- who was pushing her so hard? She is home-schooled and has apparently been performing like crazy (and in some big venues like the Apollo theatre) since a very young age. To me this is a little bit sad- she is so sheltered that it will be hard for her to get the life experience she needs to mature as an artist.

tlwmkw

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It makes me wonder what her life has been like up to now- who was pushing her so hard? She is home-schooled and has apparently been performing like crazy (and in some big venues like the Apollo theatre) since a very young age. To me this is a little bit sad- she is so sheltered that it will be hard for her to get the life experience she needs to mature as an artist.

tlwmkw

I agree, and would suspect that her sheltered, home-schooled life is a big contributor to IMO a very socially awkward young girl. Crazy talented though.