• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2012

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
bah, havent watched it yet....did the johnny guy just suck?

Oh gosh, I'm sorry! Somehow I'm going to have to remember that we're supposed to do the "Spoiler Alert" thing here.

They didn't show him at all, really, he was just included at the end when they were doing the, "... and also not returning ..." voiceover. Really anti-climactic.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
No, I thought he always did a great job. Right at the end of last nights show they said they were going to have to cut some more people so no one was safe. Then they just went through several scenes showing who was cut and that was that. They didn't get a chance to perform again.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

No, he was excellent, just google American Idol Johnny Keyser and you'll see lots of articles grumbling about him being cut. They didn't even show his Vegas performance....and if that performance was the basis for cutting him, then I wish they'd show it.

And while you're on google, just look at his audition and you'll likely see what his fans mean.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
finally caught up last night...lots of good performances from that group stuff...although IMO its a singing competition for individuals...I dislike that they force them into groups...someone always gets screwed singing the wrong song etc.

anywhoo...favorites sofar are that Reed guy, Phil phillips, and the girl who wore the blue sparkly dress...sweet 6lb 8oz chocolate baby jesus that girl has some pipes!

On a side note, anyone else want to kick the skinny cowboy guy in the face every time he gets on camera? or is it just me he annoys?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On a side note, anyone else want to kick the skinny cowboy guy in the face every time he gets on camera? or is it just me he annoys?

Oh, it's definitely not just you, Brian. Can't stand the guy. Each time, my wife and I just look at each other and say, "What? They passed through the cowboy AGAIN?!!?"

-Bob

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, it's definitely not just you, Brian. Can't stand the guy. Each time, my wife and I just look at each other and say, "What? They passed through the cowboy AGAIN?!!?"

-Bob

Me three, the guy is obnoxious. Talented, but obnoxious.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score

-Bob

They need him, he's the classic reality TV villain. He creates drama and humor, making entertaining television. If it was just a pure singing competition, American Idol would be boring like Star Search.

It still cracks me up that Korean guy said that he didn't even know his name and just called him "Cowboy" and then the other guys started doing it too.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
love the korean guy myself..."mostly water" has to be the best answer anyone's ever given to a seacrest question.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any predictions on last night's cliffhanger? I don't have TV access tonight so am looking forward to the update here!

(Surprised but glad that Cowboy is gone)

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I watched last night's show start to finish live, the first time this season that I've actually done that. (Previous weeks were DVR'd, so I skipped through a lot of the blather-chat stuff.)

I saw Jennifer from San Diego's performance for the first time. What an awesome snger she is - and only 16? Girl has a serious musical future. With the right sort of coaching she will be a contender.

This Cowboy guy was a non-starter for me. I'd only seen him sing once, in the duet with the black guy he kept grabbing around the neck, but he sang pretty OK then. His antics afterwards with the neck-grabbing was pretty weird, and left me wondering what his game really is - sing well or mess with other contestants? Last night, after seeing more of what he was like backstage, and how generally unlikable he was, I'm glad he's gone. I did not care at all for Scotty McCreepy from last season, and wouldn't enjoy another season of the judges kissing up to another guy like that. A guy in a cowboy hat with a deep voice and a Country attitude doesn't make for long term entertainment.

I'm still getting familiar with the quality of this year's contestants, but so far, it seems they have some amazing singers this year. Hope it all comes together well. And I wonder if we've seen the last of that guy Johnny? He fell off the radar pretty quietly.

Dave

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Any predictions on last night's cliffhanger? I don't have TV access tonight so am looking forward to the update here!

(Surprised but glad that Cowboy is gone)
The way they edit the show it seems that often people you think are being cut, are actually reacting to being told they made it. The cliffhanger at the end of last night's show with the dad makes me think he really made it. But, we'll see tonight!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
my vote is the guy stays.

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They sure were making it seem as though the dad at the end of the show was gonna be eliminated. I hope not, I think he has one of the best voices on the show. I'm thrilled that the cowboy is gone! And each week my love for Heejun (?) grows, he is hilarious! I loved the sweating mostly water comment too. They need to keep him around awhile.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
not a spoiler....

ok, let's see how I can word this so I don't spoil anything for West Coasters.....

First of all, watch until the very very end (pun somewhat intended) for something pretty outrageous :eek: ;)

Second, did anyone catch the names of the people in the four pictures shown at the end? I glanced away.....Was one of them JK?

PJ

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Who's JK, is it Jermaine the baritone with a sweet disposition? I really like him and can't see him as Idol material...but he's got a future in Broadway musicals, methinks. I'd love to hear him sing "Old Man River"...he's that kind of singer, real old school. :clap:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who's JK, is it Jermaine the baritone with a sweet disposition? I really like him and can't see him as Idol material...but he's got a future in Broadway musicals, methinks. I'd love to hear him sing "Old Man River"...he's that kind of singer, real old school. :clap:

The four from whom the judges will choose one are Jermaine Jones, Johnny Keyser, Richie Law or David Leathers Jr.

JK is Johnny Keyser.....but Jermaine is in there too.

Last edited:

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it will be Johnny that they keep, since they brought him back, after being eliminated a few rounds ago. Though I would like to see it be Jermaine, who is such a gentleman and has such a unique voice.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is so weird. Johnny's going was barely a blip on the radar and now two rounds later he might be back? Whether it's him or not, they went through the whole process to get to the Top 24 and then decided it needed to be 25? Why can't they just follow the protocol and stop trying to manufacture drama that has nothing to do with singing?!?!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so weird. Johnny's going was barely a blip on the radar and now two rounds later he might be back? Whether it's him or not, they went through the whole process to get to the Top 24 and then decided it needed to be 25? Why can't they just follow the protocol and stop trying to manufacture drama that has nothing to do with singing?!?!

Because that wouldn't create "drama" nor a cliffhanger causing people to talk about it and tune in next week. The annoying cowboy is one of the 4.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because that wouldn't create "drama" nor a cliffhanger causing people to talk about it and tune in next week. The annoying cowboy is one of the 4.

They've done things like this before - adding wild cards and so forth.....
It's all created drama to keep people tuning in. I'll be someone in AI tech is monitoring the net to see which one more people want.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny :D :D :D

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They've done things like this before - adding wild cards and so forth.....
It's all created drama to keep people tuning in. I'll be someone in AI tech is monitoring the net to see which one more people want.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny :D :D :D

HAHAHA! Johnny, Johnny, JOHNNY, Johnny!

{eta} Hmmm. Thinking about it, they could manufacture a story about it that would pretty easily explain why they had to give him a wild card. "Do you know why you didn't see Johnny perform in the Vegas auditions? Because of all the sickies that week, he was the sickest and was simply not able to perform. We think our earlier decision to send him home was unfair, and want to give him a fair chance now."

Yeah? Sound good? :D

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA! Johnny, Johnny, JOHNNY, Johnny!

{eta} Hmmm. Thinking about it, they could manufacture a story about it that would pretty easily explain why they had to give him a wild card. "Do you know why you didn't see Johnny perform in the Vegas auditions? Because of all the sickies that week, he was the sickest and was simply not able to perform. We think our earlier decision to send him home was unfair, and want to give him a fair chance now."

Yeah? Sound good? :D

Yep!
Johnny Keyser Johnny Keyser Johnny Keyser Johnny Keyser Johnny Keyser

Hmmm...I'll have to do a google search and see if this comes up!