• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2012

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Haven't watched all of the auditions but have caught bits and pieces here and there. Did anybody else catch that Johnny kid tonight? My goodness. Simon would say "he has the whole package." If he doesn't implode because of some stupid thing or another, then he's going to be right there in the running all the way to the end. He reminds me, actually, of a young John Bon Jovi - the girls are going to LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE him! :D

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
:) Tonight's show hasn't aired yet on the West Coast, but I'll look for him.
Actually, we always seem to watch a day or two late due to other activities...Glad there's a thread started for this season, tho.:clap:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The thing I miss about the auditions is they don't show as many train wrecks as they used to. Too many heartrending stories about this, that and the other thing, and you know those people are going to get through if they've taken time to make a three minute video presentation of their story.

JMHO.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The thing I miss about the auditions is they don't show as many train wrecks as they used to. Too many heartrending stories about this, that and the other thing, and you know those people are going to get through if they've taken time to make a three minute video presentation of their story.

JMHO.

Other way around - I don't want to see the train wrecks. I wish the pre-screeners or pre-auditioners wouldn't even let them through, as that takes away spots for more talented contestants. I also don't like the idea of making fun of someone who may have truly thought he or she was talented.

I have been trying to figure out the videos of someone packing to go to the auditions, videos of them at home with their kids, and so forth. Do the AI people go back and make these after the auditions? Pre-pick people to film before the auditions? Do they even know who's going to show up for auditions? The videos seem too professional to be home-made, but ??

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
+1 for this Johnny guy. Raw talent in spades. He'll go far, barring some sort of issue. I wish him success on the show, and hope he does well.

I also don't care for the train wrecks. Show me people with true talent I can look forward to seeing perform, and who I can root for. Seeing William Hung again tonight ("I have no professional vocal training") makes me want to change the channel. Almost as unappealing as watching The Batchelor reunion shows, where the women tell each other how fake they are, and how much they hate each other. Ah yes, TV at its finest. ;)

Dave

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score

JMHO.

That's exactly what my 13 yr. old daughter was saying to me tonight...if they show a heartrending backstory, you can bet they'll be good enough to make it through..However, if they show a short clip of them packing, or leaving a fast food place, then it's not as likely. :rofl:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't watched all of the auditions but have caught bits and pieces here and there. Did anybody else catch that Johnny kid tonight? My goodness. Simon would say "he has the whole package." If he doesn't implode because of some stupid thing or another, then he's going to be right there in the running all the way to the end. He reminds me, actually, of a young John Bon Jovi - the girls are going to LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEE him! :D

+1 for this Johnny guy. Raw talent in spades. He'll go far, barring some sort of issue. I wish him success on the show, and hope he does well.
. . .

Darn, wish I had seen him! Maybe I'll check YouTube or the AI site.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
guy was goooood!!

I still like the guy from the first or 2nd audition with the guitar....perhaps the best "audition" ive ever seen on Idol.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
John? Is he the one JLO was drooling over? "OOOh, he's soooo sexy" she said after his audition.
Keeping in mind that JLO's current Boy Toy is 24 & John Keyser is 22 that was creepy & just plain weird. Hope she does not continue with this cougar talk the way Kira did a few years ago with one of the contestants.

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

JMHO.

Yeah - the auditions were my husband's favorite part of Idol (especially with Simon's take), but they just aren't as fun as in the past (miss that Simon!). So he's stopped watching altogether....

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
And, there's Ethan, who did a nice job in St. Louis. Sings for a band in the area called (not making this up) The Well Hungarians.

Mike

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was one contestant that I thought did not deserve to move on. The daughter of baseball player Joe Magrane. I believe the judges gave her the benefit of the doubt because of her father. But we'll see when she goes back.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many people have they shown fainting? I don't recall seeing that in previous years, but I think they've shown at least four:

The girl who fell off the stage
The one who fell by the seats
And I think two of them wobbled and fell on stage

Since DD faints quite a bit, we could see the signs...seeing those girls glaze over, wobble, then go down hit us too close to home.

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
How many people have they shown fainting? I don't recall seeing that in previous years, but I think they've shown at least four:

I know they are trying to portray the drama, but it makes me wonder if they need to reconsider the demands on the contestants for that part of the competition.

Mike

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doesnt bother me, if they cant handle the stress of a competition...how would they handle the stress of being on stage in front of thousands as a performer?

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
. . . if they cant handle the stress of a competition...how would they handle the stress of being on stage in front of thousands as a performer?

I agree, especially if it's stress - though dehydration could also be a factor. There also could be liability issues if AI let those contestants continue and they were injured in later falls.

Does anyone remember seeing contestants fainting in previous years? Surely there must have been some, with the stress, hot lights, perhaps not enough fluids, etc.....so I don't know if there are more than usual this time, or if they're just showing us more than in the past.

Either way, it's been hard for me and DD to watch.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, especially if it's stress - though dehydration could also be a factor. There also could be liability issues if AI let those contestants continue and they were injured in later falls.

Does anyone remember seeing contestants fainting in previous years? Surely there must have been some, with the stress, hot lights, perhaps not enough fluids, etc.....so I don't know if there are more than usual this time, or if they're just showing us more than in the past.

Either way, it's been hard for me and DD to watch.

First of all, I'm so sorry this hits you especially hard, PJ! It's not entertainment if it's a very real part of your life!

These are young kids in a high pressure situation, and a lot of "hurry up and wait..." I suspect it's mostly dehydration/not eating. In years past, they have shown people getting sick and going to the hospital for whatever reasons. Not sure about fainting so much. Wonder what the weather was like..overly humid or hot?

In a way, I agree with Brian. They have a lot of tough stuff ahead of them, and if they want a career, it's hard to cancel a tour because you don't feel up to it. Singers, especially, need to know how to take care of themselves and their voices, period. That being said, seems like they need to educate them a bit better when they arrive in Hollywood "green."

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

I'm happy to see that article, PJ. I think it's shocking that the producers let the show go on despite a flu bug taking out so many of the contestants, and they certainly took advantage of the shock value to viewers. How unfair to the contestants, that they knew it was a bug - or rampant dehydration, what they called it :rolleyes: - and didn't do anything to help the contestants get through it and then compete when it all passed. One or two sickies - yep, the show goes on. A whole gaggle of 'em? Cripes, let them at least have their dignity and a fair chance - shut the cameras off and give them a day to recover! I'd much rather have seen none of the fainting/sickness and more of the contestants' best stuff.

Otherwise, and even though I say this every year, I am NEVER picking a favorite at the beginning again! That Johnny kid who I thought showed so much promise got booted off last night, without even getting a chance to do anything stupid while a member of the Top 12!

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to see that article, PJ. I think it's shocking that the producers let the show go on despite a flu bug taking out so many of the contestants, and they certainly took advantage of the shock value to viewers. How unfair to the contestants, that they knew it was a bug - or rampant dehydration, what they called it :rolleyes: - and didn't do anything to help the contestants get through it and then compete when it all passed. One or two sickies - yep, the show goes on. A whole gaggle of 'em? Cripes, let them at least have their dignity and a fair chance - shut the cameras off and give them a day to recover! I'd much rather have seen none of the fainting/sickness and more of the contestants' best stuff.

I guess showing contestants fainting and ill and showing the people with horrible talent are part of the entertainment factor :confused: Neither is entertaining for me, though; I don't like seeing people miserable or embarrassed.

Otherwise, and even though I say this every year, I am NEVER picking a favorite at the beginning again! That Johnny kid who I thought showed so much promise got booted off last night, without even getting a chance to do anything stupid while a member of the Top 12!

WHAAATTTT? I missed that!!!!!

Grrrrrrr.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I was sorry to see Johnny go, too. But, I was really impressed with some of the groups singing songs from the 50's and 60's. There are really a lot of talented kids this year.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
bah, havent watched it yet....did the johnny guy just suck?