• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2010 Official Discussion Thread *spoiler warnings*

L

laurac260

Well, I've tried to watch every night so far and I have to say, I am losing interest more and more with each show.

I hope this picks up soon...:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, I've tried to watch every night so far and I have to say, I am losing interest more and more with each show.

I hope this picks up soon...:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

What, are you saying a moron who jumps and does the splits, ripping his pants from crotch to knees, isn't the best American Idol singing tryout you've ever seen? I mean, come on! That's high drama! :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm right there with you. I missed watching Tuesday, and didn't even notice. Looking forward to things gettting down to a group of potential contestants, not Simon's ever-predictable "That's the worst audition I've ever heard, if I'm being honest." :zzz:

Dave, impatient

L

laurac260

keep your eye on Todrick Hall

He is the young black guy that tried out in Atlanta, and did an original song about the judges.

He did a low budget rewrite of the Wizard of Oz, entitled Oz the Musical, which performed in a few select shows a few months ago. My niece was one of the dancers in her hometown (she did not travel with the group).

The musical was quite funny. He is a very talented guy. It will be interesting to see how far he goes. You can look him up on facebook as well.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight's Group Night

Tonight's show was without question one of the poorest produced shows I've seen. I doubt if there was even five minutes of actual singing - just filler, filler, and more filler. A bit of story is interesting, but c'mon, let's hear the singers! Let's hear the performances the groups worked on! It was a waste of time.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't usually watch it. I would like to see a full episode with Ellen in it. I usually catch the last 30 minutes while switching channels which is what I did last night. Was it a repeat? That's what it seemed like or same scenario as Dancing with the Stars - which I usually give up on also right away. The new show will have about 20/30 minutes repeat of the show the night before before going into any new material.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight's show was without question one of the poorest produced shows I've seen. I doubt if there was even five minutes of actual singing - just filler, filler, and more filler. A bit of story is interesting, but c'mon, let's hear the singers! Let's hear the performances the groups worked on! It was a waste of time.
I agree. DD and I were bored and tired and just turned on AI because nothing else on TV sounded interesting, either. What a waste of time. I should have just gone to bed early.

SMcdo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The group-sing week is always the worst of the year for me. It's counter-productive for AI, too. Why should I continue to watch the show and root for a good singer who doesn't play well with others?

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I won't bother now until probably the top dozen or so. And I can't remember the last time I watched an episode live. I can get through an hour in about 30 minutes. I love my PVR.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, I dont care much for the group stuff...im sure there is a good reason for it but I cannot think of what it is.

That said, there are some really really good people sofar. The hispanic guy with the tatto on his neck, and the blonde mom with the metal in her face....can both really REALLY sing.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
That said, there are some really really good people sofar. The hispanic guy with the tatto on his neck, and the blonde mom with the metal in her face....can both really REALLY sing.

I agree. Although they're still largely in their comfort zones, it seems like this may be one of the more talented groups. There were a couple performances on Tuesday night that seemed concert/album worthy, IMO.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hispanic guy is Andrew Garcia. When he was on the other night with his guitar it was riveting. He's one to watch.

I hope we'll soon see the end of the woman with the weird short black/red hair - the one who perhaps should wear a shirt saying "does not play well with others".

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope we'll soon see the end of the woman with the weird short black/red hair - the one who perhaps should wear a shirt saying "does not play well with others".

I totally agree. Can't believe that she got through to the next round.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hispanic guy is Andrew Garcia. When he was on the other night with his guitar it was riveting. He's one to watch.

I've only seen the one show. She did seem like a control freak--a very intense person. The few notes we heard her sing, sounded good. I wonder how bad she really is or if it was all in the editing.

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was some of both; she's a domineering Type A, AND she was stuck with a bunch of losers. Under the circumstances there was no way for her to come across any differently.

Also, remember that she is the maximum age, 28, and the rest of her group looked to be about an average of 19. That's a lot bigger difference than, say, 37 and 48. If I were her in that situation I probably would have done the same.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as I had hoped: Ellen was great and highly entertaining!

Group rounds day was stupid and tried "too hard" to create artificial drama. Yaaaawn.

The talent does blow me away though. I can't wait for next week.

Katherine

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
meh, dragging out the top 24 picks over 2 days and 4 hours.....fail

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I got home last night, DD was watching. I kept asking her to turn to the Olympics during the commercials. At the end, we kept changing to the Olympics during that begging episode of the last girl. When we thought the whining was over, we'd change back. Did this two or three times and she was still whining. It was so uncomfortable to watch. Why do the producers do this? Does anyone find someone humiliating herself in that way to be entertaining? We didn't. I think this type of thing would drive viewers away. It did us.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I got home last night, DD was watching. I kept asking her to turn to the Olympics during the commercials. At the end, we kept changing to the Olympics during that begging episode of the last girl. When we thought the whining was over, we'd change back. Did this two or three times and she was still whining. It was so uncomfortable to watch. Why do the producers do this? Does anyone find someone humiliating herself in that way to be entertaining? We didn't. I think this type of thing would drive viewers away. It did us.

As usual (not always ;) ) I agree. When we hear that we generally comment about wanting some cheese with the whine.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
As usual (not always ;) ) I agree. When we hear that we generally comment about wanting some cheese with the whine.
Yes, I say that, too. It wasn't just her begging and whining, it was the producers choosing to show it--ad nauseum. It made us so uncomfortable that we couldn't watch and changed the channel. I don't think having viewers switch to another program is their goal. They must think we like watching this sort of thing. Maybe I am the one out of touch as it seems many of the reality shows focus on this type of drama--and that's why I can't watch them. It just makes me squirm with embarrassment.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
And then the way they drag out the "yes" or "no" answers. C'mon, it is NOT entertaining. More singing, less created-drama, please.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
And then the way they drag out the "yes" or "no" answers. C'mon, it is NOT entertaining. More singing, less created-drama, please.
Amen! That gets so annoying week after week after week. Then there is Seacrest saying "right after the break." DD says what would really be surprising is if he said, "and we're going to tell you before the break."

I wasn't going to watch AI this season. I say that every year but the talent seems good this year. I'm going to join the DVR group so I can fast forward through all the ugliness and just listen to the singing.

L

laurac260

the judges say this is a singing show...

so why are we seeing less singing this year than ever????