• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2010 Official Discussion Thread *spoiler warnings*

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there is a great amount of truth to your thoughts. From the beginning, the judges have seemed to be very gun-shy on their comments, and it seems like they go out of their way to ensure they don't talk to Crystal in a condescending manner (like they do for ALL of the other contestants). And Crystal does have this nature of appearing to be in control while getting feedback from the judges.

I don't mind that in a singer, however. I'll be anxiously awaiting Crystal's first release and I've enjoyed her singing throughout the show.

Having said all that, I'm now pulling for Lee. I like the underdog factor, and he seems to be the more likeable of the two.

Yeah, I noticed that, too; maybe not "gun shy", but more like they were talking to an equal, rather than to someone who they thought was malleable. Like they were talking to a raw Lucinda Willaims.

I didn't mind it at all, either. In fact, it made me certain that if I buy a Crystal Bowersox album, it's going to be a Crystal Bowersox album, not her singing someone else's idea of what she should sound like.

I got nothing against Lee, if he wins, great. But I won't toss any $$ his way. Crystal, win or lose, I'm going to listen to her. I feel what she feels.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't care who wins this season, but for me, the highlight of this season, or any other season, is watching the surviving BGees perform.

Very emotional.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just tuned in and I am loving the final show. Carrie Underwood, Alanis Morissette, Brett Michaels, Hall & Oates... (sigh)

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really don't care who wins this season, but for me, the highlight of this season, or any other season, is watching the surviving BeeGees perform.

Very emotional.

It was nice seeing all the former idols and runners up. Also Paula - miss her.
And Joe Cocker to close the show. Doesn't get much better than that.
Really great finale!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
agreed, that was an excellent finale!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I thought it was the most boring Idol show I have ever seen. Nothing stood out. The best parts were the tributes to Simon. The guest singers were blah. I did enjoy seeing Bret Michaels.
Pants of the Ground was perfecto. I knew he would be there.
I didn't watch this season except for a few at the beginning and so haven't followed this thread. Basically knew nothing about the final two. I could tell Lee really wanted it.
I chose him during the show, hoping he would win. No special reason.
Won't buy an album of either of them, but I'll listen if they come on the radio.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did note that there were a few instances where the idols sounded better than the artists in their own songs.

the crystal/alanis one comes to mind.

conversely...casey/brett was just terrible (for casey anyway)

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the final show, and enjoyed several of the songs.

Did anyone else see how excited Lee and Crystal got about winning the car!?!?!???? I didn't either. :)

And I thought to myself, that lack of enthusiasm was a good display of why the show dropped in the ratings a bit this year. Anyhow, not their fault, I'm just sayin...

L

laurac260

well, I'm not disappointed.

Not disappointed in who won...

Not disappointed that I did not waste 2 hours and 7 minutes watching the finale (I skimmed it in 8 minutes, good enough).

Not disappointed that this season is over.

Next!

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did note that there were a few instances where the idols sounded better than the artists in their own songs.

the crystal/alanis one comes to mind.

Crystal/Joe Cocker, too!

I don't watch this show, but I'm visiting family this week and they watch it. I've got to say I can't believe Crystal didn't win. It reminded me why I don't watch it. It's not a show made for me. :)

Cheers!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the singing. I especially liked Michael Lynche. DD liked seeing a glimpse of Tim Urban again. I kind of enjoyed the laughs at Simon's expense. Didn't care one way or another about the final decision.

I did NOT enjoy several non-family-friendly pieces - Yes, I like Joe Cocker, and I know A Little Help From My Friends is a good song and a classic, but I'd still just as soon not have a song about getting high on TV. Same with Jackson's slutty Nasty. To use one of my favorite words, blech.

I'm not really as much of a conservative fuddy-duddy as I sound - but I guess once I had to start worrying about my own kids my views changed! My Mom is up there laughing at me again, and saying "I told you so!" Yes, Mom, you were right. :eek:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I enjoyed the singing. I especially liked Michael Lynche. DD liked seeing a glimpse of Tim Urban again. I kind of enjoyed the laughs at Simon's expense. Didn't care one way or another about the final decision.

I did NOT enjoy several non-family-friendly pieces - Yes, I like Joe Cocker, and I know A Little Help From My Friends is a good song and a classic, but I'd still just as soon not have a song about getting high on TV. Same with Jackson's slutty Nasty. To use one of my favorite words, blech.

I'm not really as much of a conservative fuddy-duddy as I sound - but I guess once I had to start worrying about my own kids my views changed! My Mom is up there laughing at me again, and saying "I told you so!" Yes, Mom, you were right. :eek:

At least they did rescript the words to Alanis' song . . . the reference to oral sex in the theatre line.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
P.S. I'm not sure if I'm more happy that . . .

1) Crystal DIDN'T win . . . or

2) Lee did win

I suppose I'm happy that Lee won :)

jamstew

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't really care who won, but I thoroughly enjoyed the show. The highlight for me was seeing Chicago again. I saw them in 1969 or 1970 when they were Chicago Transit Authority and opened for Hendrix. Joe Cocker didn't freak me out quite as badly as he did when I saw him in concert about the same time. It was great to see Brett Michaels, too.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I loved the Alanis Morissette/Crystal duet best tonight. Really sad she didn't win. Then again, Crystal should have more control over her first album this way.

Great to actually hear Bret Michaels sing after all of his troubles. Thought Casey paired nicely with him.
I thought that when Janet Jackson sang "Nasty" she'd get Paula up there doing some dance moves. After all, didn't she do the original choreography? I also felt that the audience might have been too young to recognize the song - when Janet tried to get the crowd involved, it didn't seem to work.

Nice to see Chicago and Joe Cocker. Christina Aguilera reaffirmed what an amazing singer/technician she is. Noone can hit every note in those runs the way she can. I appreciate her skill, but I've never been much of a fan of her music. Still, I like her better than her mouseketeer partner Britney...

Wish they'd paired names with faces of some of the contestants from years gone by. I knew all the winners, of course, and was surprised to see plastic boy Justin Guarini there. But would have been nice to see names and season.

Could have done without the microphone battle from the horrible contestants. Glad they quickly cut to commercial.

Liked the "Pants on the ground" number. That guy has some moves for an older gentleman. And I respect him for how he has been trying to clean up his area and talk to the youth about gangs, etc.

Glad the season is over.:zzz: Lee will go where Kevin Allen and other lesser winners go, and hopefully Crystal will put out a killer album - but we'll have to wait as she can't do that until Lee's has a chance....

mayson12

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't really care who won, but I thoroughly enjoyed the show. The highlight for me was seeing Chicago again. I saw them in 1969 or 1970 when they were Chicago Transit Authority and opened for Hendrix. Joe Cocker didn't freak me out quite as badly as he did when I saw him in concert about the same time. It was great to see Brett Michaels, too.

Chicago was the first concert that I went to, LOL. That said, Peter Cetera is no longer their lead singer, but the "new' guy did an ok job.

Liked most of the finale, but was happy for the fast forward button.

Like Lee, don't mind that he won, but Crystal clearly has more talent, IMHO. She was great on all her songs last night, Lee, Ehhh.

I've watched AI since season 1 with Kelly Clarkson and while this was a lowpoint overall in talent, I bought my 1st ever Itunes song of an idol during the season with Crystal's "Come Together". Played it this morning and damn, she's good. Loved the "Bobby McGee" and tonight's Alannis Morrisette duo. I'll buy Crystal's music, but I do like Lee. Happy for them both.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
. . . Lee will go where Kevin Allen and other lesser winners go, and hopefully Crystal will put out a killer album - but we'll have to wait as she can't do that until Lee's has a chance....

And you'll probably mess up his (Lee's) name too :)

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought it was a good finale. My complaint was they didn't announce who most of the "Stars" were, and I'm so old I didn't recognize them. Should have had names shown on screen.

Didn't care who won. Didn't like anyone this year, but especially the final 2.

Nancy

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Y'know what? I didn't watch it. I didn't care who won, I figured I'd find it out this morning anyhow.

Instead... did anyone see the HBO mini series The Pacific? I bought the books on which it was based, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through EB Sledge's With the Old Breed. This is one gripping, gripping tale. Horrible, and riveting.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just got to see the finale this morning--so thankful for DVR! What a fantastic show! My favorite parts were Hall & Oates and the BeeGees. All the contestants have great voices and when they sing the right songs and get professional help with their costumes & staging, they really shine. I'm happy for Lee and I think he did a wonderful job in the finale. That made up for his less than stellar performance on Tuesday night.

I'm kind of puzzled that Adam Lambert didn't make an appearance, and that David Cook didn't show up. But, all things considered, that was one of the best shows I've seen on tv this year. Loved it!

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
High point for me was Carrie Underwood and seeing Paula. I voted 20 times for Lee, not because I think he is great but because I don't like Crystal. I would never listen to either one of them.

Next year will be a real downer with Simon gone. It was bad enough this year when Ellen Degeneres replaced Paula.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you'll probably mess up his (Lee's) name too :)

Yep, probably!! :hysterical: :hysterical: My bad! Sorry, but they become "what's his name?" pretty fast if they aren't memorable...:shrug:

non sequiter - kind of like last season's Survivor winner Natalie. Everyone will tend to remember Russell, and forget her very quickly even though she won.

Actually, if Lee is marketed well, he should be easy to listen to. I like his voice, just don't think he has the star appeal or same knowledge of the business and himself of some past performers. And I think Crystal does.

I've only been moved to purchase a few Idol albums, and listened with interest to a few others. I've purchased Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry's first album and listened to Adam's WANTING to like it, but not...I would go to a concert of his, though. :clap: I've really liked some of Carrie Underwood's songs, but not enough to buy.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm kind of puzzled that Adam Lambert didn't make an appearance, and that David Cook didn't show up. But, all things considered, that was one of the best shows I've seen on tv this year. Loved it!

The "buzz" was that David Cook had another event previously booked (charity in Kansas?) . . . and Adam Lambert was a "no show" at the rehearsals so they pulled him out of concern that he may go rogue, so to speak. He's become a diva that they cannot risk the franchise with on live network TV.