• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2010 Official Discussion Thread *spoiler warnings*

L

laurac260

the duets were amazing. Those are usually a train wreck. When I realized that Mike and Casey would be paired up, I thought that would be a disaster. It turned out to be beautiful.

I think they are all likable people. And my disliked contestants are all gone. At this point I guess I like them all about the same. Perhaps Mike is my fav. He reminds me of a good friend of mine, and he is an old soul. I like that about him. But I am afraid he might go home tomorrow. Him or Casey is my guess.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Advance prediction before hearing a (pitchy?) note . . . Big Mike goes home.

I'm now a believer that Casey has a horseshoe where the sun don't shine.

OK so with the show over now . . . I still think Big Mike will go home . . . but Lee really was the poorest of the four.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Love the soundtrack from 'once' and thought Lee & Crystal changed it up amazingly well.

I did vote last nite to help insure my fellow Ohioan will be in the top 3. Essentially though, this show has lost its glow for me.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you and I had more fun last year! :rolleyes:

Yep, I was just thinking though... take away Adam from last year, and it would have been pretty average also! :) Didn't like him, but he sure made things interesting.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
really suprised that was all the "final four" had to offer last night.

at this point, why are they picking their own songs...vs letting the producers make the shows and performances way better.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
really suprised that was all the "final four" had to offer last night.

at this point, why are they picking their own songs...vs letting the producers make the shows and performances way better.

The contestants usually pick their own songs - part of showing what kind of "artist" they want to be - up until the final. That allows the judges to tell them "Bad song choice, Dawg.." or "you had so many songs to choose from, why did you pick THAT one??" and so on... It also allowed Adam Lambert :) to shine as he was very savvy about what songs to sing, and had researched possibilities and arrangements before going into the competition. The song "Mad World" is an example of an arrangement he'd known about and performed so well. Actually, this was somewhat true for David Archuleta and his dad, as well.

There have been various scenarios for the finale, with the judges picking their last songs, the producer picking the song, Clive Davis picking the songs... In the early days, they both had to sing the same "new song written just for the show." It gave Kelly Clarkson a huge victory, as her plastic faced competitor - Justin Guarino - sounded horrible on the same song. (Mind you, Kelly was and is an amazing singer, and Justin was not, but until then, he had quite a fan base and it wasn't clear who would win - unless you ask my DH) Then there were separate songs written for the final contestants. Unfortunately, that led to the person winning who had the best song, or best voice for the range of the song.

Re: last night. I actually loved Crystal's song, and the duet with Lee was also good, but there have been better duets in the past. Allison and Adam rocked together. Big Mike and Casey as a duet was just weird. Their voices are so different, and it felt like many of the songs that they put together for the "group sings" on results night. Lee sounded like he was losing his voice through his solo.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Reverse the appearance order tonight & you have the "quality" rankings. But even the best - Crystal - would have been overlooked any other year. This may be the worst final four ever. The duets were the best of the night and they are renowned for poor performances past years.

Fair to ask - does anyone even care anymore this season? Lee has no range (and little personality), Michael one style, Casey a Fab guitarist that sings a little (but by far the most enjoyable to watch perform) and Crystal seems pretty talented but flaky at best. What a motley crew to have to choose from.

I agree 100%. These are by far the worst ever. You couldn't pay me enough to go see them perform. I like Big Mike's personality and he is my favorite but he is very limited in his vocals. Crystal reminds me of a hippie from the 60's.

I can't stand Ellen Degeneres as a judge. The judges should at least have some music background and not just crack one-liners. With Simon leaving after this season, I think the end of American Idol is drawing near.

With the NHL and NBA playoffs, I have had to catch "AI" and "Dancing With the Stars" in between periods and half time as well as during commercials.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, the vote-off went as I expected. With only four to choose from, it was bound to happen sooner or later. So who do you think goes home next week, and who do you think is going to win?

Dave

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was obvious as soon as they said Casey was safe right at the beginning. They didn't even try to play up the drama - do you think they are as tired of this season as we are???:ignore:

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am going to skip AI now as we have no interest in the remaining participants. I will be watching NHL, NBA, and MLB instead.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Well, the vote-off went as I expected. With only four to choose from, it was bound to happen sooner or later. So who do you think goes home next week, and who do you think is going to win?

Dave
I think we'll lose Casey next week. Then I think Crystal will win.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know. There could be some big surprise yet to happen. Crystal's expected to win . . . Lee could but doesn't have the personality to pull it off . . . and Casey . . . we'll he's nice to look at and does an OK job with most songs, but he's just a decent cover singer.

I would not pay a plug nickel to see any of them or for their CD so I suppose it really doesn't matter to me.

Oh wait, yes it does. Crystal looked awfully smug when it was down to just her and Mike. I'd be happy to see her get knocked off her high horse!

L

laurac260

DD and I can't decide if the last "man" standing next week will be there on cute points, or talent points.

Who knows, stranger things have happened, perhaps Casey will win it all.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad to say, but I've been watching AI religiously for the past 6 or so years. For some reason, once Siobhan got sent packing I lost interest in this year's show. Typically, if I miss a TiVo'd performance show, I'll eagerly sit down and watch it as soon as I find the time. This week, I missed the Tuesday show and I had no real inclination to watch it last night. In fact, I caught the tail end of the results show and that sufficed (Big Mike's booting was way overdue, I thought). I don't think the performers are any worse this year in terms of vocal ability, but in terms of interesting performances they're severely lacking.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight was a show of stiffs...

stiff (Casey)

stiffer (Lee)

stiffest (Crystal)

I thought none of them seemed at ease in the spotlight tonight... but, I'll go along with the consensus that Lee took the night.

It'll be interesting to see the final 2 next week. I'll bet neither of the final 2 will be comfortable at all.

:)

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do they decide who gets a chorus, lightshow and smoke machine, and who only gets a staircase to sit on?

jamstew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it would be hard for Lee not to take the night with the choir, dry ice, etc. Could it be any more obvious that he's the hand-picked choice? I read elsewhere that Simon not only selected the song (after knowing what the other two would be singing), but worked with him on the arrangement, and threw in the accoutrement. Totally turned me against him.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly a great last song to end the show on thats for sure.

I dont have anything against simon helping them out or making all the decisions...heck he owns the rights to everyone on the show anyway....why not milk it for all its worth in his last season on the show!

I think he just finds lee way more marketable than crystal (and id agree)....its never been all that much of an actual talent show...as the most talented people...and the most marketable people...are rarely one in the same unfortunately.

regardless of the votes (IMHO)...the best finale will be a crystal/lee one...and Im sure that will be what is announced tomorrow.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so ready to see Bowersox go home, but I can't see Casey beating her out for the finale. Yes, I think Lee may take it all.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so ready to see Bowersox go home, but I can't see Casey beating her out for the finale. Yes, I think Lee may take it all.

I thought he should have left weeks ago, or maybe never been in the top 10.

Yawn

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so ready to see Bowersox go home, but I can't see Casey beating her out for the final. Yes, I think Lee may take it all.

I agree. Bowersox has little personality/expression. She may have a good voice, but I find her boring. Her dreadlocks are horrible- unkempt and matted.
She may be marketable, but not my taste.

Everyone has been mediocre this season. I lost interest when Siobhan was voted off. She had a unique look, with personality and great talent. I'll be looking for her in future.

I watched Adam Lambert on Ellen today - fond memories of the excitement that he brought to last season. My daughter and I are going to see him in concert when he comes to Toronto this summer.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. Bowersox has little personality/expression. She may have a good voice, but I find her boring. Her dreadlocks are horrible- unkempt and matted.
She may be marketable, but not my taste.

Isn't that the way they're supposed to be?

I watched Adam Lambert on Ellen today - fond memories of the excitement that he brought to last season. My daughter and I are going to see him in concert when he comes to Toronto this summer.

Grrr.....he's not going to be in our vicinity when we're home.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
I thought Crystal showed more personality & emotion during last nite's show than the entire season.

Ryan's almost "sotto voce (sp?)" announcement that she was in the Finale, confused both her and me. Her "I'm safe?" made her seem very vulnerable.

Lee is definitely making it known that he wants to win.

Should be good shows next week with 2 strong contestants.