• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Idol 2009!!!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Simon is allowed to beg shamelessly for votes, so am I!

Vote for Chris! 1 866-436-5702

:D :D :D

Katherine

mayson12

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year the song they pick for the winner to record is kind of cheesy and yuck. This year, I thought, maybe, when they said that Kara co-wrote it, it would be different. Nope. Yuck.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea, whatever they paid kara to write that song...she should give it all back!

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year the song they pick for the winner to record is kind of cheesy and yuck. This year, I thought, maybe, when they said that Kara co-wrote it, it would be different. Nope. Yuck.

Not true. "A Moment Like This" sung by Kelly Clarkson as the winning song of season one went platinum. It spent two weeks as #1 on the billboard charts and it broke a long standing record held by the Beatles as the biggest one week mover on the charts. Amazingly, Kelly broke her own record this year when "My Life Would Suck Without You" went from #97 to #1 in one week.

Kelly probably still remains my favorite idol and is the reason I started watching the show. I remember when I first heard her on the show near the shows end in the first season and I was blown away with how she could belt out a song. Of course, the judges were drooling over Justin that season and look how well he's done.

Overall, I liked the idol singers this year, but I don't think any of them is going to be a superstar like Clarkson, Daughtry, Underwood or Hudson. Paula's drooling over Adam this year was nauseating. Adam may end up with a good theatrical career, but IMO he won't have any billboard chart success. I personally think Allison has the best voice and will be the most successful if she can find a good writer/producer to help her.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not true. "A Moment Like This" sung by Kelly Clarkson as the winning song of season one went platinum. It spent two weeks as #1 on the billboard charts and it broke a long standing record held by the Beatles as the biggest one week mover on the charts. Amazingly, Kelly broke her own record this year when "My Life Would Suck Without You" went from #97 to #1 in one week.

Kelly probably still remains my favorite idol and is the reason I started watching the show. I remember when I first heard her on the show near the shows end in the first season and I was blown away with how she could belt out a song. Of course, the judges were drooling over Justin that season and look how well he's done.

Overall, I liked the idol singers this year, but I don't think any of them is going to be a superstar like Clarkson, Daughtry, Underwood or Hudson. Paula's drooling over Adam this year was nauseating. Adam may end up with a good theatrical career, but IMO he won't have any billboard chart success. I personally think Allison has the best voice and will be the most successful if she can find a good writer/producer to help her.

I'll take Kelly as my 2nd favorite Idol winner (behind Carrie).

I agree completely with your comments about this year's performers - Adam will be successful in the same manner as Jennifer Hudson. There has not been any song this year that has stood out in my mind from this group. I still believe Danny will be the top selling artist from this year's.

Everyone is saying today how Adam has got it all clinched... he may win (I don't think so), but it looks very close - DialIdol has Kris ahead by a 1 percentage point.

So, IF Adam loses, and IF Kris wins... will that be considered a major upset? In my book, no. Adam has been in danger of being voted off for the last three weeks. He has survived, to his credit.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
...I personally think Allison has the best voice and will be the most successful if she can find a good writer/producer to help her.

I hope she can find success. I enjoyed her voice. I also liked Meghan's voice but she didn't seem able to control it or quite know what to do with a song. I hope she comes under someone's tutelage as I think she could also do well.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dial Idol

Found this on Dial Idol this morning:

Predictions are too close to call this week! This is the first time this has ever happened for an American Idol finale in the history of DialIdol.com. No matter what conclusions you draw from DialIdol's predictions - think again!
Only 1.1% separate Kris and Adam - this is too close to call no matter how you calculate margin of error and no matter how many directions you apply it.
Kris seems to have that inconsequential, 1.1% lead over Adam and he held that lead pretty much the whole night. DialIdol measured the busy signal every four minutes last night. What was interesting was that Kris seemed to consistently beat Adam by that slim margin for the first two hours of voting - as opposed to them alternating victories. This is a sign that the data you see is accurate but - again - there is no way to call it accurate when only 1.1% separates them!
Adam seemed to fair better on the West coast winning all three Pacific states and edging Kris more often than not. Traditionally these Pacific states have a hard time over-riding what happened in the rest of the country but with scores this close it is simply too close to call!
This should make for one heck of a finale!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, can you imagine the moaning and groaning you're going to hear IF Kris wins? There is so much chatter out there in the media, and if you look, everyone acts like Adam is going to be a 'lock' to take it.

Like it or not, it's all comes down to who gets the most phone votes from the public. That must drive the 'experts' completely crazy!!!

Makes it all very interesting for tonight!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
So, IF Adam loses, and IF Kris wins... will that be considered a major upset? In my book, no.

No, not in mine either, I've liked Kris from the beginning. :clap:

Last night's show was a whole lot of time-wasting with commercials and talking - we DVR'd it and only watched the performances/judges' comments. Loved Kris' second version of Ain't No Sunshine better than his first and it was my favorite last night, and liked Adam's second version of Mad World but not as much as his first. I liked Kris' second song, What's Going On but didn't get the judges' comments about it - how could they criticize it as a wrong song choice if it was picked for him? Loved Adam's A Change is Gonna Come, but that's an old favorite song of mine anyway and I'd like it if anyone sang it. That No Boundaries crap was crap, from both of them but the beginning of Kris' version was better than any of the rest. (Probably that's because I don't like Kara at all and she co-wrote it.)

It was interesting how a lot of the judges' comments for Adam were about how his style includes the theatrics - maybe they were trying to combat that criticism of him? And the comments about Kris deserving to be where he was and he should be proud of the moment? That ticked me off like it did a few of you. They may as well as have just come right out and asked him to concede the contest so their choice could be the winner.

Carrie's version of I'm Going Home was fantastic!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Want an example of how these posts can influence you while you're watching? Every time Paula opened her mouth to say her comments, I thought of her saying, "here are some crayon drawings that I made of you that I'm going to give to Simon, you look beautiful tonight!" and I'd start laughing. Once I even had to rewind to hear what she said because I missed it! Don thinks all of us are "a little off."
:hysterical:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Before Kris opened his mouth for his second song, I told DH the judges would say something negative about it. It wouldn't matter what the quality, their pattern of comments was predictable. And it came true.
I did like Adam's first song, but that was it.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Want an example of how these posts can influence you while you're watching? Every time Paula opened her mouth to say her comments, I thought of her saying, "here are some crayon drawings that I made of you that I'm going to give to Simon, you look beautiful tonight!" and I'd start laughing. Once I even had to rewind to hear what she said because I missed it! Don thinks all of us are "a little off."
:hysterical:

I was laughing about that, too! My kids were mocking poor Paula for the way she claps her hands--she brings them together like a preschooler saying "Yay!," with the fingers lined up and pointing up. And she has short little fingers, too, which just add to the effect.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We just find everything Paula says "Compelling" and we are "awestruck" by her. She needs to invest in a thesaurus and broaden her vocabulary a bit. Or have her lines fed to her by teleprompter.

She does provide some comic relief and I'll be sorry to see her go, if that's what happens.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened to her last night? Her hair wasn't right, one cheek was so flushed, and she looked glassier than usual even. Was she sick?

And I loved that Adam said to her, "You look beautiful tonight, by the way!" before she could tell HIM he looked beautiful tonight, by the way!

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious to see who wins and how they do. Winning this contest is clearly not always an indicator of financial gains long term. Where are Ruben and Taylor Hicks?

Adam has a stronger voice than Kris but his performances all seem similar to me. And the screeching is not attractive at all. Kris has been more creative with his arrangements for the most part, but why did he sing that last song in a key too high for him? He was so clearly straining.

I thought it was interesting that Kara's song was chosen, since they have favored Adam. They spent lots of time this season talking about who had a better vocal range and all the judges would have known with his range it would be easier for him to sing than Kris.

BTW, I didn't vote --I am still missing Alexis Grace who had a voice as good as Adam's and was voted off way too early--the curse of the pink hair!! (It seems to me that all ladies with interestingly colored hair go home early.)

mayson12

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I agree that "Moment Like This" was probably the best of the cheese, but it definitely isn't Kelly's best song. All of her other songs are much better. I think that single did so well also because it was season 1. I think Kelly is awesome. :cheer:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happened to her last night? Her hair wasn't right, one cheek was so flushed, and she looked glassier than usual even. Was she sick?

And I loved that Adam said to her, "You look beautiful tonight, by the way!" before she could tell HIM he looked beautiful tonight, by the way!

Looked like she baked in a tanning salon for about 2 hours too long! :eek:

Or, she took those crayons and Crayola markers and used them to do her own make up this time around. :hysterical:

I like Paula because she is kind to all the contestants (and seems very good hearted and motherly to them in an honest sort of way), but her abuse of drugs and now sun tanning products has me wondering about her sanity sometimes.

Katherine

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looked like she baked in a tanning salon for about 2 hours too long! :eek:

Or, she took those crayons and Crayola markers and used them to do her own make up this time around. :hysterical:

I like Paula because she is kind to all the contestants (and seems very good hearted and motherly to them in an honest sort of way), but her abuse of drugs and now sun tanning products has me wondering about her sanity sometimes.

Katherine

:hysterical: Almost spit out my drink onto the screen.:hysterical:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have no idea who's going to win tonight. I hope it's Chris. He would appreciate it more, I think, and I thought the judges comments were transparently outrageous. It was like they were already congratulating Adam, and telling Kris, "Good try, boy!" It must have even embarrassed Adam. It should have, anyway.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't really care that much, but I'm happy. Don't want to say too much because not sure if everyone has seen it yet.

Nancy

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Adam definately found his calling as the frontman for KISS...that was my favorite performance of the night!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Interesting...Kath's fingers must be exhausted! :rofl: