• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

American Association of Timeshare Owners, Inc.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
I received the note below via email from the American Association of Timeshare Owners. Anyone else received it? Is it a legitimate organization? Would it be beneficial to join? Has this been discussed in previous posts? Here is the message I received.

Uniting timeshare owners with one powerful voice against the billion-dollar timeshare pushing industry to attack timeshare problems in yet another way to benefit timeshare owners, members of our firm have formed a non-profit corporation known as the American Association of Timeshare Owners, Inc.
The Association is forming relationships with bi-partisan lobbyists to lobby state and federal governments for the passage of laws favorable to timeshare owners which will help owners obtain a release from timeshare contracts induced by fraud.
The timeshare pushers have their own lobbying association which is extremely well funded as you might imagine and you probably know how they obtained the money to fund it. If we will pool our resources together, then the millions of timeshare owners in this country can cause real change in state and federal laws that will benefit the owners, their loved ones, and their friends who are stuck with financially burdensome timeshare ownership.
If we can achieve large numbers of members who are voters, then our voices will be heard as one by government and we can fix this national embarrassment. No one can do this standing alone.
We encourage you to consider becoming a member of the Association for an annual fee of $19.00. You can become a member by visiting the website www.aatousa.org, or by sending a check made payable to the American Association of Timeshare Owners, Inc., to 435 E. Walnut St., Springfield, MO 65802.
Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
M. Scott Montgomery for
American Association of Timeshare Owners, Inc., a non-profit corporation

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Looks like a front for another timeshare cancellation scam.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 1.57.32 PM.png

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had someone else ask about this. I would say toss it in the trash. ;)

M. Scott Montgomery
American Association of Timeshare Owners, Inc., a non-profit corporation

He's a "jack of all trades" attorney:

Welcome to The Montgomery Law Firm, LLC
435 E. Walnut St., Springfield, MO 65802.

Just a couple of the suits against his firm:

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Inc etal v The Montgomery Law Firm LLC

Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. et al v. The Montgomery Law Firm, LLC et al

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks for the responses. I'm really not unhappy with our timeshares. Just thought I would ask since this forum is so informative.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just about anyone who contacts you about your timeshare out of the blue, is a scammer.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I think this is the company that called my husband.
I guess it's just that time of year. LOL

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
that's typically the position I take; however, this one said an association. That was a first for me. Others are usually law firms. It is so sad that you really can't trust any calls you receive these days.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey @NOLA47 Could you forward the email and anything else you may have received from this group to me at dobrien@stlouisbbb.org. I'm an investigator with BBB in St. Louis and this just popped up on my radar from another consumer.

Thank you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was hoping youd chime in on this! =)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed the 'A Non-Profit Corporation' at the bottom of their announcement, without any mention of a 501 (c) 3 designation. Into the 'round file' with this one.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
that's typically the position I take; however, this one said an association. That was a first for me. Others are usually law firms. It is so sad that you really can't trust any calls you receive these days.
Your Hilton is worth money. You should contact a legitimate broker to get out of it. I don't understand being unhappy with Hilton. Plan ahead, and you should be able to get what you want through Hilton. Or you can exchange through RCI and get something that way. No reason for you to be unhappy. I don't know the other one, never heard of it.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your Hilton is worth money. You should contact a legitimate broker to get out of it. I don't understand being unhappy with Hilton. Plan ahead, and you should be able to get what you want through Hilton. Or you can exchange through RCI and get something that way. No reason for you to be unhappy. I don't know the other one, never heard of it.

I actually said that I am NOT unhappy with our timeshares.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey @NOLA47 Could you forward the email and anything else you may have received from this group to me at dobrien@stlouisbbb.org. I'm an investigator with BBB in St. Louis and this just popped up on my radar from another consumer.

Thank you.

just emailed to you. Thanks