• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amazon Prime very frustrating experience!

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Amazon Prime, I have spent ours today mostly talking to the Phillipines about your screw up on sending packages to the wrong address. What was supposed to be an easy way to do Christmas shopping has been a most difficult one.The Retail department's constant call drops after you give all of your information etc. Finally spoke with Dave from Washington State and he is the head supervisor and he agreed spending 4 hours on the phone trying to fix THEIR screw up was too long... Yes, I agree what are you going to do about it?? Basically nothing, very sorry... Very unimpressed with Amazon Prime customer service. Or lack of customer service. Thanks TUG friends for letting me vent my disappointment with Amazon Prime today!:0!! I am a big Amazon prime user and I have always been satisfied. So the experience today was not only frustrating but also quite disappointing!

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always had positive customer service experiences. Even when complaining about the obnoxious delivery staff of lasership.

Perhaps call during normal business hours next time and use the internet call me functionality.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Dixie - Please clarify:

Are you saying that you ordered gifts from Amazon, and Amazon put the wrong addresses on the packages?

Or, are you saying that the packages were addressed correctly, but they were delivered to the wrong addresses?

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Amazon has the most awesome customer service. Not sure what happened with your situation, but anytime I have issues, I use the "call me" button and they call immediately and my issues are always resolved. Not only that, but they give me bonus credit to my account, extend my membership, refunds, etc. without me even asking.

Why don't you try sending them an email via their website on the "contact us" page and explaining everything in calmly and in detail and see what their response is. Be persistent.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I too have had a great experience with Amazon Prime, nothing major but always a satisfactory outcome with minimal hassle.

I wonder if you try tomorrow, you'll perhaps get a bit better service. COuld be they're a bit overwhelmed with the holiday weekend and Black Friday and may not have their best people on until the normal work week. Just a thought.

I do sense your pain though - definitely hate the looping around through call waiting and trying to actually talk to a person instead of punching in customer information and not getting where you want to go.

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past they have always been helpful. I am a huge user of Amazon Prime. That is why after dropped calls and much wasted time they merely said we agree but so sorry for your wasted time...:bawl:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Dixie - For other Amazon Prime users, can you please tell us what happened? I have some packages coming from Amazon too, and I'd like to know.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been an active Prime member since it came out. Most of what I buy is for my business. Some stuff is for home. I had 2 addresses in my account. Several times they shipped to the address that I didn't choose. I would click the home address and they'd send it to the business one and vice versa. I don't know why that happened, but it happened enough that I removed my business address and now just have everything sent to my home. I don't send gifts through Prime to anyone, either because of what happened in the past.

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had gifts in my cart that went to 2 different addresses. There was not a button showing to ship to 2 addresses. So, I filled out the form to have someone call me before checking out. She told me to go ahead and check out and she stayed on the phone with me. Then went in my purchased cart and put the 2 items that need to go to a different address while I was still on the phone with her.Today I checked the tracking info to be sure they would be delivered by Tuesday as needed. The packages were all going to the same address and not the one that needed to be there by Tuesday. I ordered them last Friday. I am a Prime member. So spent way too long trying to fix the problem especially when you can hardly understand the rep for customer service.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How annoying - I guess the only way to avoid that is to put in 2 separate orders?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I had gifts in my cart that went to 2 different addresses. There was not a button showing to ship to 2 addresses. So, I filled out the form to have someone call me before checking out. She told me to go ahead and check out and she stayed on the phone with me. Then went in my purchased cart and put the 2 items that need to go to a different address while I was still on the phone with her.Today I checked the tracking info to be sure they would be delivered by Tuesday as needed. The packages were all going to the same address and not the one that needed to be there by Tuesday. I ordered them last Friday. I am a Prime member. So spent way too long trying to fix the problem especially when you can hardly understand the rep for customer service.

I send stuff from Amazon to multiple addresses all the time. Since you have Prime, and assuming the items you're ordering are Prime eligible, you should simply create multiple orders. Frankly, I don't know why you wouldn't - was there something exceptional about this order that required you to place it at once?

This situation isn't quite the same as you represented in the first post.

Sent from my iPad

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
No problem for me. I don't buy from Amazon, never have, never will. Why? I read a biography of Jeff Bezos which was unflattering to say the least. Same deal with Apple and Steve Jobs. Color me stupid but I just don't like doing business with people I don't like.

George

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken,
I will definitely do that next time. When I shop and find something I like I put it in the cart. I have multiple addresses I ship to, so expected there would be an option to choose which address the multiple items went to. Never again.

dougef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Grande Vista
I too am a big fan and user of Amazon and Prime. I agree with others who recommended doing separate orders for such a situation. Should it have worked the way you did it? - yes. But personally, I don't like to take chances.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score

A few too many gaps in this explanation to clarify how the order entry was incorrect. Input = output, in my experience. Sorry, we absolutely LOVE Amazon Prime!

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken,
I will definitely do that next time. When I shop and find something I like I put it in the cart. I have multiple addresses I ship to, so expected there would be an option to choose which address the multiple items went to. Never again.

I have sent multiple things to different people last Christmas. I have several addresses in my Prime account. I almost clicked the wrong address, but caught it.

Make sure you have the correct address up there for shipping, and do them separately. Sad that Amazon was not more helpful in getting this resolved for you.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll join the chorus of those who ship to multiple addresses, while my wife also ships to multiple addresses, and somehow, Amazon gets it right. Every time. That's not to say one shouldn't pay attention to what address each shipment is to go to, but so far, it works.

There used to be a forum on Amazon's home page where this kind of rant should go. That forum disappeared sometime last Summer. I kind of miss it. There is scant chance that Amazon, Zappos, Land's End, or any of the other multitude of shippers of online sales will see it posted on TUG.

Rant on Dixie, if it makes you feel better, and the reminder to TUGgers to watch their shipping preferences is well taken, but probably will have small, if any change in where your packages went.

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Ken,

Just a suggestion to aid in shopping for multiple people at a time: instead of adding the items to the shopping cart, learn how to set up "Lists", and add the items to a custom list instead. Then when you are putting together each order for each shipping address, you can pull them from your lists. This might make sense for the way you like to use Amazon.

Kurt

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had very good luck using the Amazon online chat for customer service.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken,

This is what I do: I add the items to a cart, then move the ones I need to ship elsewhere to "save for later" which simply moves them out of the active list to a waiting list below. I place the first order, then go back and move the others, order them, repeat, etc. It's really quite simple.

Sent from my iPad

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
No problem for me. I don't buy from Amazon, never have, never will. Why? I read a biography of Jeff Bezos which was unflattering to say the least. Same deal with Apple and Steve Jobs. Color me stupid but I just don't like doing business with people I don't like.

George

You've stated this many times in Amazon threads, but haven't (to my knowledge) posted the book. Please post a link to the Kindle edition since I'm curious to read about it.

Of course, and this is worthy of another thread, many disruptive entrepreneurs had personal failings. There's nothing new about this, but simply continuing to post your objections to all things Amazon without linking to the book doesn't help your cause...which appears to be to prevent others from buying from Amazon. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'd prefer to learn more about why you think this rather than continue to simply see you post comments that you don't care about Amazon because of Bezos.

It may also be appropriate to mention that Bezos started Blue Origin, which had an amazing last week (though not to be directly compared to SpaceX). You may not like the guy, but he's apparently doing good work to further innovative technologies in many industries.

Much could be said about Steve Jobs, as well, since it seems you didn't like him, either.

Sent from my iPad

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score

George

Hah!!! That's really funny!!!:hysterical:

I do business with not only people I don't like, but those that I loath. The U.S. Government at the top of the list. :wave:

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You've stated this many times in Amazon threads, but haven't (to my knowledge) posted the book. Please post a link to the Kindle edition since I'm curious to read about it.

. . . .

Sent from my iPad

Now that's really REALLY funny. Not taking sides, just the irony caught me offguard

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course, and this is worthy of another thread, many disruptive entrepreneurs had personal failings. There's nothing new about this, but simply continuing to post your objections to all things Amazon without linking to the book doesn't help your cause...which appears to be to prevent others from buying from Amazon. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I'd prefer to learn more about why you think this rather than continue to simply see you post comments that you don't care about Amazon because of Bezos.

It may also be appropriate to mention that Bezos started Blue Origin, which had an amazing last week (though not to be directly compared to SpaceX). You may not like the guy, but he's apparently doing good work to further innovative technologies in many industries.

Much could be said about Steve Jobs, as well, since it seems you didn't like him, either.

Four things. First, I don't remember which of the Bezos biographies I read. I picked it up about a year ago at my local library. My guess is that it was published in either 2014 or early in 2015. Second, my beef with him is the way he interacted with his co-workers and employees. Third, IMO he and Steve Jobs had many of the same characteristics in this area. And fourth, I don't care what other people do. I merely said I won't do business with either of the companies they founded.

George

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I like Amazon for the most part but every now and then they really frustrate me. For example, I recently bought a couple items that were a great deal. But when the product arrived it wasn't what I bought. Customer service promised me they would send the correct items. I returned them and expected the correct items but I was just sent more of the wrong items. Amazon refunded me my money but the entire situation was very annoying because I never got the items I wanted.

Then just recently I tried Prime Now for the first time. I had a gift sent to someone. Well, it turns out they moved and so I had it sent to the wrong address. They didn't have to sign for it and they didn't sent it back so now I'm just out $50. I have to buy the present again and send it again. I know this isn't Prime Now's fault but it's a frustrating experience.