• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amazon Cuts Price for Prime to $73 This Weekend

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Amazon Cuts price For Prime to $73 This Weekend by Hope King/ Tech/ Money/CNN/ money.cnn.com.

" Amazon will cut the price of its Amazon Prime membership from $99 to $73 for a little over a day this weekend.

The company says it's feeling good about winning two Golden Globes for "Mozart in the Jungle," one of its original shows, and wants to celebrate.
The discount begins Friday at 9:00 p.m. PT and ends at 11:59 p.m. local time on Sunday. Only new customers can take advantage of the deal..."

Richard

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Last time I looked into this, it was only for new signups -- there is no way to buy a renewal except on the anniversary date.

Any change to that?

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The last couple times they've done a promotion like this, it was possible to send a "gift of Prime" to yourself, turn off auto-renewal, and activate the gift when your current year was up.

I can't see a way to do that this time, unfortunately.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We don't currently have Amazon Prime. So what would we really get for our $73. We only order for Amazon a few times a year and just wait until we have $35 in stuff to buy to get the free supersaver shipping. I see Prime gets you free 2-day shipping? We aren't always in that much of a hurry for our stuff and often it comes in two to three days anyway.

I suspect we could stream some TV shows and movies, but our DVR is so full of stuff to watch off of DirecTV, I don't know how much we would really use it. Are there any other major benefits?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't currently have Amazon Prime. So what would we really get for our $73. We only order for Amazon a few times a year and just wait until we have $35 in stuff to buy to get the free supersaver shipping. I see Prime gets you free 2-day shipping? We aren't always in that much of a hurry for our stuff and often it comes in two to three days anyway.

I suspect we could stream some TV shows and movies, but our DVR is so full of stuff to watch off of DirecTV, I don't know how much we would really use it. Are there any other major benefits?

I've had Prime for about a year...Works for me, b/c I probably buy from Amazon, on average twice a week..And I can care less about streaming..
In your case, u don't need it...U just don't buy enough...

FYI....Amazon sells EVERYTHING...

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I buy a lot from Amazon- also on their subscribe and save program.

It really comes in handy with the two day shipping, especially as we have been undergoing home remodeling and needing things in a hurry- and things you can't find elsewhere- really saves time and energy.

I have a kindle fire and a kindle paperwhite. I get a free library book every month.

I have Amazon Echo- which will play my Prime Music, of which a lot of the music is free to listen to.

Now that we have a ROKU stick, we do watch some movies on Prime once in a while, including their exclusive, excellent series "The Man in The High Castle".

At first thought it wouldn't be worth it, but now after having it a couple of years I do see the benefit of it.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

It may not be for you. I originally bought it for the 2 day free shipping and I order stuff constantly. Mostly for my business, but some personal stuff, too. Hard to believe, but I actually bought dresses, gloves and ear muffs recently. They literally carry everything and I don't enjoy shopping. The prices are usually less than what I'd buy at the store. I often compare the Amazon prices to other online stores (office depot, etc) and pricing with the shipping is most often best with Amazon.

Rarely, I've used the movies or the music. I wouldn't buy it for either of those. They are just a side benefit.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Probably not a good deal for you. Where I live, the only places that compete with Amazon on pricing for lots of stuff are Target and Walmart. Both are quite a few miles from my house, and in a congested area of town. So, if I need it soon, but not immediately (like for a weekend project), I use Prime. I can order as late as Wednesday and still have it by Friday evening. Also love it around Christmas for last minute gifts and sticking stuffers. I don't use the media stuff much as we have Netflix and Google Play as options there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We didn't think we would use it much but once we got it we do use it a lot for
Ordering and we use it with our Fire Stick for Prime. We use the streaming more
Than we thought. If it wasn't for live sports we might get rid of our Dish
Network. I was actually thinking about signing up myself, our current account
Is under DW but I don't think getting the music is worth that. I don't know of
Any other benefits besides that.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
My husband used to be "2nd hand Prime" added to a friend's account for the free shipping aspect. It seems he recently lost that privilege and pushed for us to join Prime using this weekend's sale. So ... we ... did. Harrumph.

I had hoped that I might enjoy the Kindle book options through Prime but I'm finding it very difficult to wade through other options (Kindle First? Kindle Unlimited? other fee-based subscriptions services and options??). Still haven't found the Prime Lending Library ... again, Harrumph.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a good value for us. We place several orders per week with Amazon. Many times, we need it in 2 days (often shipping to a timeshare or hotel, so we have to make sure it arrives before we leave), so the Prime shipping works great. For those items that we don't have a rush for, we choose regular shipping and get the current offer (usually $1 credit towards digital items -- ebooks, music, etc.). I've bought several ebooks, MP3 tracks, etc. using that credit. We stream movies once in a while, but mainly use Netflix.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
My husband used to be "2nd hand Prime" added to a friend's account for the free shipping aspect. It seems he recently lost that privilege and pushed for us to join Prime using this weekend's sale. So ... we ... did. Harrumph.

I had hoped that I might enjoy the Kindle book options through Prime but I'm finding it very difficult to wade through other options (Kindle First? Kindle Unlimited? other fee-based subscriptions services and options??). Still haven't found the Prime Lending Library ... again, Harrumph.

Go to Amazon.com home webpage.

Near the top toward the Right hand side you will see "Your Account", "Your Prime", "Your Lists" .

Click on Your Prime - a new drop down menu appears - Kindle Owner's Lending Library will appear.

Hope this helps.

Richard

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Go to Amazon.com home webpage.

Near the top toward the Right hand side you will see "Your Account", "Your Prime", "Your Lists" .

Click on Your Prime - a new drop down menu appears - Kindle Owner's Lending Library will appear.

Hope this helps.

Richard
Thanks -- but no go for me, unfortunately. Even after jumping through additional login cycles the "Your Prime" drop down shows only an ad for joining Prime and exploring the Prime "Benefits." Perhaps because I'm on a Mac or perhaps because I'm a "household member" (not the primary member) or a combination of these or more.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 12.50.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 12.50.45 PM.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 15

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I find I have to use my kindle paper white to access the owners lending library for my month's selection. I do wish I could access it through my computer to look through the available books. It isn't rally user friendly.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely love Prime. For those that don't think they buy enough, really? We now buy our dog food on Amazon Prime.

Now, when we want or need something, before hopping in the car to go to the store, we check Amazon. In most cases, the trip to the store is eliminated.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use it for both of us. Me at home, and DW for her office supplies and stuff. Handy for ordering gift items for far flung grandkids, even while we are traveling. Just order a gift, have Amazon wrap it and drop ship to the Grand's address. It saves our bacon when an unexpected gift requirement pops up.

Jim