• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amazing Race 9 tonight!

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Just a reminder for the AR fans.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm planning to watch, but VCR is set just in case. :D

wise one

Reaction score
I'll be watching.

I picked Fran and Barry to go all the way. They are most like my wife and myself.

wise one

Reaction score
Did I here Phil say that the last team in each leg WILL be elimnated, not MAY be eliminated. That is a big change in the game.

stonebroke

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hearing Phil

I think he said that there were eight legs in the race in which people would be eliminated. I taped AI and watched AR so I can't check the tape.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
stonebroke said:
I think he said that there were eight legs in the race in which people would be eliminated. I taped AI and watched AR so I can't check the tape.
Yep, you are correct.

gloria

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
who was eliminated?........

hello --

i fell asleep before the ending -- did a team get eliminated this week? -- which one......

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
gloria said:
hello --

i fell asleep before the ending -- did a team get eliminated this week? -- which one......

For a good re-cap you can go to the cbs website. And yes, a team got eliminated. The two "life long" friends John and Scott.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
looks to be a good race

but I was disappointed that once again the token oldies made key errors such as overlooking the clue box on the bridge as they passed by and choosing to construct a motorcycle. And then they delayed changing tasks til it was almost too late. Luckily they weren't eliminated. I was hoping the Glamazons would show up at the mat after the lifelong friends. Those sisters annoy me for some reason.
Barb

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
beejaybeeohio said:
but I was disappointed that once again the token oldies made key errors such as overlooking the clue box on the bridge as they passed by and choosing to construct a motorcycle. Barb

I am disappointed that on AR the seniors always seem to look like buffoons. I know a lot of seniors and I have never met one who seemed as clueless as the ones shown on AR. I don't know if it is the filming or if only clueless seniors apply to the show, or both!

We really enjoyed the show, especially the names the teams were giving each others. I too hoped 'The Frosties' wouldn't make it to the mat in time.
I also thought is was interesting that the 'Pinkies" tried to get someone to help them with the detour. I am rooting for 'The Nerds' as they seemed to just be enjoying themselves, and each other, completely.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the AR again last night.

I didn't watch last season with the families.

But the cast of racers seems to be the same type of folks as the season before last. Is this the way it has always been? I have only watched the one season previously.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The season before FE was all about ROMBER. Season before that, the cast was mostly models. So I think the mix of teams is pretty varied and so far interesting this season.

I also like the nerds, and was surprised that I like the hippies & the young guys. They all seem to be having a good time, respected the locals & each other and raced well the first leg.

I thought the big guy that got eliminated was a big jerk, but his partner seemed OK. The frosties are a little annoying but I don't think they'll be in the race much longer. I was disappointed with the mistakes made by the older couple, but they came back and hopefully will do better in future legs. I absolutely can't stand the southern dentist and the way he talks to his wife, he reminds me of a lite version of Jonathan from a couple of seasons ago.

Everybody else seemed OK, but will need to see more of them before forming opinions. There are probably less teams I dislike this season than in the past, which is a good thing!

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
A nicer group

It seems this season there are far fewer people to dislike and many seem really nice. I do agree with Debra's comments about Jonathan lite (good wording) -- this season it might be about rooting FOR people who I want to win as opposed to rooting AGAINST -- which has happened a lot recently.

As for the older couple, ITA about them looking dopey. If they really are, they won't be around long. The bit with the clue box was 'amazing'.

MusicMan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not an Amazing Race fan, but I watched part of it the other night because the two Long sisters (Glamazons?) are from my very small home town Bridge City, Texas. I wanted to be able to root for them, but they neither impressed me or annoyed me so I probably won't take the time to watch very much.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
New show

This year I've watched all of the shows in Game show channel. Seems they use the same "types" of contestants. I think they like variety. Always seems to be a older couple, parent and child hoping to get to know each other better, sisters, etc. You would think it would be fairer if they used all the same type, but they tried that in Family Edition and it wasn't as popular.

Nancy

michelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt have said so at the beginning, but I do like all in the first 4 teams! VERY varied in personalities, but all with their individual charm and enthusiasm for the game.

The Frosties I could not stand towards the end, and was glad I could fast forward through their bits.... all the yelling and "Oh-my-God"s just really started to irritate me.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
michelle said:
all the yelling and "Oh-my-God"s just really started to irritate me.

The Oh-my-gawds sort of stood out to me, since just prior they called on Jesus to help them out! :rolleyes:

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
ricoba said:
The Oh-my-gawds sort of stood out to me, since just prior they called on Jesus to help them out! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this was repeated but I fell asleep too. Which group are the "Frosties" ?
Thanks

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
sandesurf said:
I'm sorry if this was repeated but I fell asleep too. Which group are the "Frosties" ?
Thanks

The two sisters. Both in their 40's with "frosted" hair.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nancy said:
You would think it would be fairer if they used all the same type, but they tried that in Family Edition and it wasn't as popular.

Nancy

For me, the Family Edition wasn't as good because they stayed in Central and North America. Part of the fun is watching them struggle with language, different customs etc. Not that interesting when they're schlepping around the US, frankly.

I think this one looks really good. I can actually tell the teams apart, which is different than the all-model year. There's the frat boys, the hippies, the nerds, Ken and Barbie, the pink girls, the frosties, etc. There are those you like and those you don't like as much. Nobody really stands out as obnoxious other than JL - Jonathan Lite - I like that too and it will be the typical the-bond-during-the-race story or the he's-a-jerk-and-always-will-be story.

With all the new TV, it's hard to keep up.

Bev