• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AMAC vs. AARP

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Has anyone joined AMAC as opposed to AARP? What are the differences in terms of "benefits" to members, health insurance rates, etc.?

Any other alternatives as well?

Do you even find it necessary to be a member?

We were a member of AARP years ago when we turned 50, but really didn't see what the point of being a member was for us at the time. Plus we had political issues with them.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a member of both. The big difference I see is that AARP publications are far superior. There are two, a monthly magazine and a second one which is more like a multi page newspaper. I find them both interesting and informative. I also have political issues with AARP but over look them in order to keep getting their publications.

George

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am a member of both. The big difference I see is that AARP publications are far superior. There are two, a monthly magazine and a second one which is more like a multi page newspaper. I find them both interesting and informative. I also have political issues with AARP but over look them in order to keep getting their publications.

George

Yes- I remember liking one of the magazines. Seems like AMAC does not have a magazine- but does have articles on-line.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the AARP magazines, dislike the mailbox full of insurance ads, occasionally use the discounts for hotel rooms, ignore the political statements. Not familiar with AMAC. One such organization is enough.

Jim

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have tried both. Dropped AARP for the politics, but the articles were great!!!!
Dropped AMAC because the magazine was boring.
No real benefits as far as health insurance etc. Most discounts can be found elsewhere.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I've been a volunteer for three years now with AARP Foundation, the non-profit arm. I'm not a member of either organization being discussed but wanted to get a plug in for the foundation, we provide free tax filing and counseling to seniors and low-moderate income.

http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/

There is a link on the page for a location near you.

We wont make you sign up for anything or fill your mailbox with junk mail :)

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have tried both. Dropped AARP for the politics, but the articles were great!!!!
Dropped AMAC because the magazine was boring.
No real benefits as far as health insurance etc. Most discounts can be found elsewhere.

I didn't know AMAC had a magazine. Yeah- I am not seeing where the benefit of being a member of either of them is.