• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AM transportation to Lahaina Harbor?

gdrj

Reaction score
We do not have a rental car. In past we have used shuttle or early AM used Lyft/Uber to get into town.

Looks like Ubers/Lyfts are fairly limited, maybe based on increased demand due to lack of cars being available. Any suggestions on getting to Lahaina Harbor in AM. We are shooting to get there around 830 AM.

Spoke to WKORN and they said use to have reliable taxi pre COVID but not so much now.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since parking in Lahaina is a PITA, one would think workers would use a public bus system to get around. Here: Maui Bus Your route is #20.

gdrj

Reaction score
Since parking in Lahaina is a PITA, one would think workers would use a public bus system to get around. Here: Maui Bus Your route is #20.

Thank you. That is extremely helpful. It looks like from WKORN it would be route 28 which I would pick up at the food truck park across from Times Supermarket on Lower Honoapiilani Rd. (based on reading schedule). I'll definitely double check ahead of time. I had not thought about bus, with this trip it might be something I use a fair amount.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
We use Maui Bus regularly. I think it's actually Route #28. Looks like there's one at 7:57 from where you mention or 8:07 from Whalers Village that gets you to the back of the Wharfe Cinema (about 5 minutes from the harbor) at 8:30 but they do usually arrive there a little early. Have exact change $2 single trip or $4/day for unlimited rides. If you are adventurous, don't mind a slower pace, you can get around quite a bit on Maui Bus (Kihei, Kula Botanical Gardens...etc.).

gdrj

Reaction score
We use Maui Bus regularly. I think it's actually Route #28. Looks like there's one at 7:57 from where you mention or 8:07 from Whalers Village that gets you to the back of the Wharfe Cinema (about 5 minutes from the harbor) at 8:30 but they do usually arrive there a little early. Have exact change $2 single trip or $4/day for unlimited rides. If you are adventurous, don't mind a slower pace, you can get around quite a bit on Maui Bus (Kihei, Kula Botanical Gardens...etc.).

Thanks. I meant to type 28. Thanks for mentioning, the error it will help others who look at it. I will correct in my post.

gdrj

Reaction score
Just came across my old post. Just want to share that the Bus work great to get into town and back! We used it multiple times.