• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Am I a Superdodger? Maybe

geekette

Reaction score
I had filled out the pre-screener (about a week after I posted this, when I could finally access the website,) and I got my email yesterday that I didn't qualify for the study. Oh, well--I guess we'll never know!
You’re still Super with us!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@beejaybeeohio, I hope your case is mild! I am so sorry to hear this!

And thank you for the kind words, @geekette :)

I would say that at this point, with a spouse that got COVID twice in 7 months this, we are "moderately COVID cautious." We all received our bivalent boosters when they became available. We tend to wear our masks while indoors in public, especially when we're in crowds (performances, grocery store, etc.) I am more in-person now professionally, and I don't always wear a mask in those situations, either because I am presenting or because it would be awkward to do so. My daughter still wears her mask for most of the school day; she only takes it off inside when she is with her theater ensemble and her closest friends (they are basically her social bubble at this point.) We do eat out, both inside and outside, but maybe not quite as much as we used to.

So far, I remain negative.

I would recommend getting your flu shot this season. The local hospitals here are seeing hospitalization spikes for flu that are worse-than-normal (across all age groups) and RSV in children. COVID cases have gone down slightly over the last month.

geekette

Reaction score
@beejaybeeohio, I hope your case is mild! I am so sorry to hear this!

And thank you for the kind words, @geekette :)

I would say that at this point, with a spouse that got COVID twice in 7 months this, we are "moderately COVID cautious." We all received our bivalent boosters when they became available. We tend to wear our masks while indoors in public, especially when we're in crowds (performances, grocery store, etc.) I am more in-person now professionally, and I don't always wear a mask in those situations, either because I am presenting or because it would be awkward to do so. My daughter still wears her mask for most of the school day; she only takes it off inside when she is with her theater ensemble and her closest friends (they are basically her social bubble at this point.) We do eat out, both inside and outside, but maybe not quite as much as we used to.

So far, I remain negative.

I would recommend getting your flu shot this season. The local hospitals here are seeing hospitalization spikes for flu that are worse-than-normal (across all age groups) and RSV in children. COVID cases have gone down slightly over the last month.
I just got most recent covid vax Monday and spent yesterday sick, so I’m glad I didn‘t put flu shot in the mix, but I will be getting flu shot. mostly I am not around other people but simple injection to lower chances makes sense to me (grocery stores are my biggest risks though I like right-before-closing for fast moving trip with few people). Also time to update my pneumonia shot. I don’t take more than one innoculation at once after bad experience. So, two more trips for shots but no big deal.

I‘m just glad my arm works this morning as it was stiff/frozen yesterday. I don’t mind feeling punched, but I do mind not being able to use it.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Gravy Seal complex?

You've never heard of the Gravy Seals? Meal-Team Six? Y'all Qaeda? The 101st Cosplaytriots?

We get 'em here, too. I'd link a picture as an example. But it would just be taken down. Imagine a guy who eats Pillsbury biscuits smothered with butter every single meal, wearing tactical gear and open carrying a "tacti-cool" weapon.

I don't know why I'm such a magnet for such people. Probably because I stand out. Same reason people in China want to take pictures with me and random strangers ask me to fetch things from the top shelf.

geekette

Reaction score
You've never heard of the Gravy Seals? Meal-Team Six? Y'all Qaeda? The 101st Cosplaytriots?

We get 'em here, too. I'd link a picture as an example. But it would just be taken down. Imagine a guy who eats Pillsbury biscuits smothered with butter every single meal, wearing tactical gear and open carrying a "tacti-cool" weapon.

I don't know why I'm such a magnet for such people. Probably because I stand out. Same reason people in China want to take pictures with me and random strangers ask me to fetch things from the top shelf.
Mmmmm, biscuits…. Every meal, no. Tactical gear? So far, no biscuit has shown aggressive tendencies so I’m feeling pretty smug in being unarmed, unarmored.

magnet…. It happens. All of my life, strangers have come up to me and told me deeply personal things. I guess they somehow know I’m “a safe space” as I don’t repeat what they said. I also think that sometimes people need to offload something that they don’t want to tell people close to them. I should have been a therapist. How does that make you feel? Like a biscuit swimming in butter!

I would be the random stranger as I’m not always keen on stepping on the bottom shelf in the grocery store to get what I want from top shelf. I did get to feel tall, or at least useful, when I helped a lady in a wheelchair access cans beyond her reach.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I would be the random stranger as I’m not always keen on stepping on the bottom shelf in the grocery store to get what I want from top shelf. I did get to feel tall, or at least useful, when I helped a lady in a wheelchair access cans beyond her reach.

I can reach over the top shelf, and get things from the back of the adjoining shelf. I occasionally do that when there is a shopping cart log jam.

The "randos taking pictures with me in China" happens so often that my wife tells 'em, "If you want pictures with the big monkey. You have to buy him a beer." I actually get the occasional beer out of it. (My mandarin is limited to, "I'm the big monkey. I want beer." Not much nuance, there.)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
hope your friends ignore the jerks and remain healthy

These are acquaintances and not so much our friends. One of them passed away last month with no family. She left everything she had to the church that she was a member of. She had no friends or real family and was a loner. As she entered hospice at her home some people began taking advantage of her wealth and one of her neighbors managed to change her will to make a deal on her home with the church for his young relative. She had millions in net worth and it will be used to help others.

Bill

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
My wife seems to fall under the Superdodger COVID category. She is a nurse and has been exposed multiple times both on the job and here at home - never tested positive all along. Triple vaccinated of course, as required by her place of employment. I caught COVID for the second time in September of this year (1st time was in January 2022 - likely Omicron), and she never tested positive with any of the at-home tests nor with the PCR testing at her care facility where she works. Her care facility then had her go take some newfangled ultrasensitive PCR test that was new to market over the summer, and she tested positive using the ultrasensitive PCR test - but was asymptomatic despite the test result.