• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All Wyndham Resorts to Close Due to Virus

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got notified that our reservation in Severville for on the way back home from FL has been cancelled. Great. Guess we will have to drive straight through.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why it took so long to shut them all down.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The Tennessee resorts went on the list a couple days ago -- the list of resorts closed through April 30.

Stay safe. Catch a nap at a rest area if you're going through.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndhams message says we don't need to cancel these reservations, they will do it automatically.
I have been waiting a week for them to cancel my April 4 trip to Smoky Mountains.
Do they wait until the last minute?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not sure. I wound up cancelling one I had starting April 18th so I could rebook later in my use year. Points were immediately returned. If you plan on using the points or need to PDF them, I would do it myself instead of waiting for them.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Wyndhams message says we don't need to cancel these reservations, they will do it automatically.
I have been waiting a week for them to cancel my April 4 trip to Smoky Mountains.
Do they wait until the last minute?
You can bet they will wait until after March 31 so that points are more restricted (meaning not able to move points forward to a later use year).

I agree with Eric B - cancel now if you know you are likely to do so and exercise your right to move points forward to a later use year.

Last edited:

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
I called Beach Street Cottages (Destin) on Thursday, and was told all reservations there were to be cancellled. Resort closed through April 30th. Scheculed to reopen on May 1. My reservation was to start April 29th! I went ahead and cancelled and rebooked for a later visit. Then yesterday I got the email notification that a number of resorts were cancelling reservations.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went ahead today and canceled april 4 Smokies trip.
Points showed up quickly - but they are in 2021 use year so I still have zero points for 2020.
Note: Wyndham had unilaterally moved all my April-April 2020 points to Jan 2021 to align all my use years.
I had booked this trip before the move and was hoping they would stay in 2020. Looks like all my reservations will have to use borrowed points for the rest of 2020.
Maybe that won't be such a problem.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points showed up quickly - but they are in 2021 use year so I still have zero points for 2020.
Note: Wyndham had unilaterally moved all my April-April 2020 points to Jan 2021 to align all my use years.
I had booked this trip before the move and was hoping they would stay in 2020. Looks like all my reservations will have to use borrowed points for the rest of 2020.
Depending on how long resorts stay closed the 2021 points usage will be to your advantage.

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Nashville reservation was cancelled. That's where we usually stay for several nights after we leave Florida. Since Emerald Grande kicked us out early we wouldn't be able to stay there anyway. Wyndham is suppose to prorate our points and issue a refund. Nothing yet so I guess I'll need to call.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Mine are going back to 2020 (back to the use year they were booked, I have some expiring May 2020, and some Dec 2020). They must have programmed appropriately as I've been able to do it myself. I have to log out and back in to see them, but they are there. Even though I've gotten messages saying they are going to cancel reservations, they have not. Happy to do it myself, that way I can check for sure the points are returning as expected.

Maybe they also programmed for the points expiring the end of this month to automatically move to 2021?

The more that can be done without a phone call, the better :)

On a side note, I have to thank Wyndham for conditioning me for long hold times. Had to hold for 3 1/2 hours to talk to someone about distributing my 401K (sadly I had initiated the move in February, it just takes forever to get your money, just a fluke I ran right into this). But anyways, never thought I'd be on the phone longer for anyone than I've been with Wyndham.

***Update - you don't have to log out and back in to see your points update. You do need to wait a few minutes and they show up. They show in the points history immediately, it's the buckets at the top that take a few minutes to reflect the refunded points.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
When will Wyndham announce the next increment of resort closures?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
When will Wyndham announce the next increment of resort closures?
I hope never. I have reservations this May in Washington DC for the week of Memorial Day.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope never. I have reservations this May in Washington DC for the week of Memorial Day.

Right in the District or in the 'burbs?

Reason I ask is St. Patrick's Day was celebrated in DC as if nothing was going on. Kind of like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. There's an article in the Washington (Com)Post in, I think, last Friday's Weekend section, which, like the sports page, has shrunk.. The sports section is no the last three pages of the Style section. It could be that the District is only four weeks behind N.O. and, much as I love New Orleans, I'd pass on visiting there now and for quite a while.

I'll see if I can dig out the Post article. They quoted one of the bartenders at an Irish pub who said he shook hands with at least 100 people and you can only wash your hand so many times.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its inevitable they have to stay closed. Plan on canceling! New York is 3-4 weeks from its apex. Everyone else 2-4 weeks behind.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right in the District or in the 'burbs?

Reason I ask is St. Patrick's Day was celebrated in DC as if nothing was going on. Kind of like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. There's an article in the Washington (Com)Post in, I think, last Friday's Weekend section, which, like the sports page, has shrunk.. The sports section is no the last three pages of the Style section. It could be that the District is only four weeks behind N.O. and, much as I love New Orleans, I'd pass on visiting there now and for quite a while.

I'll see if I can dig out the Post article. They quoted one of the bartenders at an Irish pub who said he shook hands with at least 100 people and you can only wash your hand so many times.

Well, I was wrong on some details but the idea is there. Here are some excerpts from The Atlantic, not the Post:

March 14 was a standard Saturday night for the weekend before St. Patrick’s Day: “Just a bunch of random people smashing Guinness,” said Andrew, a bartender who works at an “Irish-adjacent” bar in Washington, D.C. From 6 p.m. until last call at 2:30 a.m., Andrew witnessed hundreds of patrons—many of them just over 21—stream in, social distancing be damned. “They were out, and they didn’t really care,” he told me.

As the coronavirus pandemic has spread in the United States, public-health experts have lately been urging people—especially young people, many of whom may not show symptoms, and spread the virus unknowingly—to limit their physical contacts with others, but Andrew described a raucous scene that seems out of step with this moment of worldwide panic and caution. “They knew what was going on and they didn’t care—they were going to keep hugging and high-fiving,” he said. “Personally, I probably was in contact with, like, a thousand people over Friday and Saturday night, and I can only wash my hands so many times.” (Andrew asked to have his last name and the name of his workplace omitted from this article, so that he wouldn’t suffer any negative repercussions.)
END QUOTE

I have two reservation over in Wyndham National Harbor, May 6-10 and May 16-23, both 2BR Presidential units. I was going to use the May 6-10 as a modified staycation and rent the other. I still have both reservations but have very little hope that the resort will be open through May.

I've been teleworking for the last two weeks and expect to continue indefinitely. It's probably easier to do at home. And, while I can normally get to work easily from National Harbor, DC Metro has severely cut both rail and bus service so I don't know any more. Ridership is down 90%.

I heard somewhere that people over 60 shouldn't be out and about anyway and I busted 60 quite a while ago!

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham closed the resorts through May 15th. I'm expecting closures to go into June.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m expecting most resorts will open June 1st, of course there might be some exceptions.
Some may open May 15th, St Thomas has 0 deaths as an example.
If there are some or no amenities open at a resort but owners still want to go, let them go using their ownership as they wish.
There is hotels open everywhere right now.

If this crises isn’t behind us for the most part by June 1st this country is in for one hell of an ordeal !!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham closed the resorts through May 15th. I'm expecting closures to go into June.

I don't see anything on the Wyndham websites about this. I don't doubt it. We've been expecting it. I just don't see it posted.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I’m expecting most resorts will open June 1st, of course there might be some exceptions.
Some may open May 15th, St Thomas has 0 deaths as an example.
If there are some or no amenities open at a resort but owners still want to go, let them go using their ownership as they wish.
There is hotels open everywhere right now.

If this crises isn’t behind us for the most part by June 1st this country is in for one hell of an ordeal !!
I don't see it on the website, either. The only place I'm seeing info is on https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/ (not on myclubwyndham anymore). Where are you seeing that? Like @chapjim said, I don't doubt it, but struggling a bit to find updated info. TIA!

LAXAUS

Reaction score
I don't think anything has been officially posted but it appears that every resort calendar is blocked until May 16th so new reservations can't be made for dates within that timeframe. However, that doesn't mean Wyndham might not open some of the resorts to those with existing reservations starting between May 1st-15th since the official close through date is still April 30th.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see it on the website, either. The only place I'm seeing info is on https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/ (not on myclubwyndham anymore). Where are you seeing that? Like @chapjim said, I don't doubt it, but struggling a bit to find updated info. TIA!
I responded to 55plus post saying the resorts are closed until May 15th.

Thursdays email from Michael Brown stated the resorts are closed until April 30th

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Step 1. Stop all future reservations.
Step 2. Post modified resort closures.
Step 3. Cancel all pending reservation.