• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All international inbound travelers must show covid neg test within 3 days

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
This info is posted in the covid forum, but I think it might be good to leave it here on the Mexico forum in case there are those who don't
read the covid forum. This would be a big consideration for those returning to the US from a Mexico trip.

Replies specific to Mexico can be added to this thread, but any other comments about covid should be made in the other forum: https://tugbbs.com/forums/forums/covid19-discussion.64/

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Here are some Covid 19 testing options in Cabo. The only price listed is on from the H+ facility with the prc costing about $280 usd. On a Worldmark fb page some one posted that a local doctor in San Jose del Cabo does the test for about $77 usd but I think it is the instant test.

Bill

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Does anyone have any information or resources in Cancun & hotel zone for these required tests? Without expanded testing, this hemorrhages testing demand and effectively kills tourist travel to Mexico and denies entry of valid passport holding US citizens returning home.

@Karen G I suggest a sticky for Mexico testing locations in major timeshare destinations if we can gather the info.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some Covid 19 testing options in Cabo. The only price listed is on from the H+ facility with the prc costing about $280 usd. On a Worldmark fb page some one posted that a local doctor in San Jose del Cabo does the test for about $77 usd but I think it is the instant test.

Bill

Where do you see pricing on the site?

Or did you click on each link and check there?

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
OR proof of vaccination OR a doctor's note saying you have already had Covid.
Actual CDC release below

If you still need a test in Cabo you might try Hospital General and pay the locals price.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where do you see pricing on the site?

Or did you click on each link and check there?

Yes, I opened all of the links and only H+ had advertised prices for the PCR test.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One idea discussed in our group is to fly to TIJ and use the CBX to cross the border and take a shuttle to SAN and fly home from there. We have a large group heading to Cabo this winter and I think the testing requirement will be a definite consideration for those that are only visiting for a week or less.

Bill

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villa Group announced they will be coordinating the covid 19 tests with local testing facilities. I called Mexico and was told by the Villa del Arco front desk they plan your check out and flight with the testing appointment. The cost is $6000 pesos or about $303.00 usd . They say the price may change and the test is performed at the resort.

Bill

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
OR proof of vaccination OR a doctor's note saying you have already had Covid.
Actual CDC release below

If you still need a test in Cabo you might try Hospital General and pay the locals price.
So proof of vaccination will suffice if you don't have a negative covid test? I didn't see where it said that in the link. Did I miss it?

Also, do you need to have had covid within the prior three months (with a supporting doctor's note) in lieu of a current negative test, or is there no timeframe?

Last edited:

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Cabo: Amerimed 1500MXN with papers.
Hospital General or Similaries clinic should be less but I have not received a price from my local friend yet.

Let the competition begin.

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
The CDC has a FAQ that addresses the question of whether having received the vaccine(s) will avoid the need for a negative COVID test. The answer is no, proof of the vaccine does not. "Yes, all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery." (Updated 1/13/21).
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I read the cdc covid travel page it actually says to get a test 1 - 3 days before flying to and from all International destinations.

Bill

Get Tested Before Your Flight
Below is what you need to know about getting tested before your international flight.

• Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before you depart and again 1-3 days before you return.
  • Make sure you get your test results before you travel. If you are waiting for results, delay your travel.
  • Do not travel if your test result is positive; immediately isolate yourself, and follow public health recommendations.
  • A negative test does not mean that you were not exposed or that you will not develop COVID-19. Make sure to wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash your hands, and watch your health for signs of illness while traveling.
  • Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel. You may be asked for them.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I read the cdc covid travel page it actually says to get a test 1 - 3 days before flying to and from all International destinations.

Bill

Get Tested Before Your Flight
Below is what you need to know about getting tested before your international flight.

• Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before you depart and again 1-3 days before you return.
  • Make sure you get your test results before you travel. If you are waiting for results, delay your travel.
  • Do not travel if your test result is positive; immediately isolate yourself, and follow public health recommendations.
  • A negative test does not mean that you were not exposed or that you will not develop COVID-19. Make sure to wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash your hands, and watch your health for signs of illness while traveling.
  • Keep a copy of your test results with you during travel. You may be asked for them.
That's been up for a while (at least a month)...just a recommendation though, not required.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
The CDC has a FAQ that addresses the question of whether having received the vaccine(s) will avoid the need for a negative COVID test. The answer is no, proof of the vaccine does not. "Yes, all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery." (Updated 1/13/21).
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

And if anyone is wondering why, it's because they don't know yet if the vaccine prevents you from infecting others. Whereas, apparently if you have acquired "natural immunity" (ie: you had COVID), they've been able to determine you cannot infect others after a certain point.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is some info about the testing to be done in Cabo: https://www.visitloscabos.travel/co...xpKVwz8t0eNR-YuqGl8d2AQkuEakGwW-x94G0nwHDp5yg

On the Pueblo Bonito owners Facebook page, someone posted this: I just confirmed with a supervisor at PBSB that the PB resorts will be offering Covid-19 antigen tests at their resorts for free for all inclusive guests and $15 per person for others. That test gives results in under an hour and is accepted for all flights to the U.S.

Edited to add: price is now $17 for those not on AI

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is some info about the testing to be done in Cabo: https://www.visitloscabos.travel/co...xpKVwz8t0eNR-YuqGl8d2AQkuEakGwW-x94G0nwHDp5yg

On the Pueblo Bonito owners Facebook page, someone posted this: I just confirmed with a supervisor at PBSB that the PB resorts will be offering Covid-19 antigen tests at their resorts for free for all inclusive guests and $15 per person for others. That test gives results in under an hour and is accepted for all flights to the U.S.
If cruise ships could do this for Norovirus then maybe I'd be willing to get on one!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thurs. Jan 14 - 4: 47 pm eastern time

I just received an email from Vidanta saying they have on resort testing.

It was addressed to Canadians - since the - test requirement before boarding a plane back to Canada has already started for us.(Jan.7 2021)*
I am sure all members will be receiving this information since the CDC required testing date is Jan 26th.*

*( edited Jan 15 to add dates)

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thurs. Jan 14 - 4: 47 pm eastern time

I just received an email from Vidanta saying they have on resort testing.

It was addressed to Canadians - since the - test requirement before boarding a plane back to Canada has already started for us. I am sure all members will be receiving this information since the CDC required testing date is soon.

Could you post the body of the email? Does it mention cost?

Thanks!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
No cost listed
Here is the text :

In order to promote safer travel, Canada has new regulations in place requiring a negative test for all returning international travelers. Because your family is our top priority, we’re proud to further support an exceptional vacation experience with a simple, safe, and convenient new service offering on-resort testing.
Jtqi__IbSSrmnWYAxDRlv6tO9shCk36R6Lpz5EnBv5kh2sWKCylbLOJ1Pt6179PHEPjS3zySpz2rhMqjLncmSPhaxte9OsmQSc9--9_L68nUxJbnA5nWsKI6mVpt0Wiv3okihFlDtTW5kiQnqB8tQq5n7X0Aug=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Also, do you have to do an "Owner's Update" to get the test?
If you do not attend the update they will put you in isolation with a recording of the presenter!!!!

That is a different test
The how to say NO - in a high pressure sales presentation.

if you pass that test at Vidanta - you likely get lifetime immunity.*
*( periodic booster shots from the Vida sales team can enhance your immunity / but it is important to note that some people do have allergic reactions to Vida Sales and there are some anecdotal reports of addictions to presentations)